Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

David Patten?

skinpride1

:movefast: This is not another negative David Patten post.I feel alone on a lost ship that David Patten can still play and play very well,I have seen mostly only negative posts towards him.I think he will prove in 06 that he is still one hell of a wide receiver.I watched the interview on redskins.com and he seemed to be on fire and is dying to get back out there and prove himself once again.I'm looking for some replies from other board members that feel that there is no need to look for another number two receiver because we already have him.

Guest amaprius

Randle El is a great #3 reciever....I want him for that slot.....I think we should get a #2 also....a big and fast one....

T.O. might have needed a year off to adjust his attitude....Maybe he will be a little more easy to deal with now....as long as you dont throw alot of money at him...

He needs to show that he can show up for all practices in shape and ready to go and not say mean things about his teammates and coaching staff in public....

He also needs to keep coming up with things like The Sharpie and The Dallas Star incidents........I think they are funny.....

What Redskin fan hasnt wanted to see a Redskin run to the star in Dallas, see him spike the ball right in the middle of it AND act like he was mooning them, as well as a host of other nasty things....so why do we call T.O. a bad sportsman for being much milder?

Rein in his attitude with his teammates and coaches and he is the best reciever out there....

Patten is a great replacement for Thrash.

Yeah, he seems to thrive on negative publicity.

yeah, i enjoyed that part of the interview... i like the idea of him sitting in the weight room staring at the blurb (that accused larry michael of writing :laugh: ) saying that he is better suited for a #3.. can't say i disagree with it though, he didn't do much last season.. hopefully he can improve

I have been thinking he was treated unfairly. He kept defenses honest and helped to free up Moss. There were many plays he made that didn't show up on the stat sheet, drawing PI calls and such. I think he is capable of beter stats, but I do think we should add some depth at WR.

Will he be #2 or #3? Who can say, and does it matter? As long as he contributes and does what the coaches want him to do we will win ballgames.

I do agree that Patten can still play. I personally believe the reason he didn't get a fair chance is because Brunell didn't really look to him as a receiver. If Cooley or Moss weren't open, he'd just throw it away.

But I still think we need a good #2 or #3 option to complement Patten and Moss. We saw how great Antonio Brown, James Thrash, and Taylor Jacobs did ...:doh:

David Patten as your #3 is a good thing....Just saying.

exactly. if we can find someone else as good or better for number 3, i cant even imagine how great our offense could b... depending on the QB situation. why not go after someone else?

Honestly I don't think we've really seen enough from him to know. I'd like to sign a guy we feel is a decent #2 and then have them compete. If Patton is better than great, we have a very good #1-3. If Patton is not better than who we sign than I think he's probably at least a capable #3, but I do think we've not seen enough of him to know for sure. Lets give the guy a shot.

:movefast: This is not another negative David Patten post.I feel alone on a lost ship that David Patten can still play and play very well,I have seen mostly only negative posts towards him.I think he will prove in 06 that he is still one hell of a wide receiver.I watched the interview on redskins.com and he seemed to be on fire and is dying to get back out there and prove himself once again.I'm looking for some replies from other board members that feel that there is no need to look for another number two receiver because we already have him.

I agree, i think he can still play at a high level, and i think he can be a #2 as much as Moss is our #1 . . . but I do think we should bring in another WR for compeition. Never hurts to have 3 WR's who can play . . . I just don;t want us to break the bank on a FA WR. Especially on an older player. Competition is a good thing, but had Patten not been on IR I think we would have been much more dangerous on offesne in the playoffs.

Look at the difference with Brunell from year 1 to year 2. Why couldn't Patten step up? I think we should try and involve him a little more in some creative ways. Isn't he the only guy in NFL history to run, throw, catch and return a punt for a TD in the same game?

Look at the difference with Brunell from year 1 to year 2. Why couldn't Patten step up? I think we should try and involve him a little more in some creative ways. Isn't he the only guy in NFL history to run, throw, catch and return a punt for a TD in the same game?

Ive posted this before, but its the best proof that Patten just isnt a #2 WR and that last year wasn't an abnormal performance for him.

2005 Stats for David Patten

week 1 3 rec 19 yards versus Chicago

week 2 1 rec 12 yards versus Dallas

bye week

week 4 3 rec 15 yards versus sea (OT even)

week 5 7 rec 63 yards versus Den

week 6 2 rec 22 yards versus KC

week 7 2 rec 56 yards versus SF

Week 8 1 rec 6 yards versus NYG

week 9 0 rec 0 yards versus Phi

Week 10 3 rec 24 yards versus TB

Thats a whopping 22 rec for 217 yards and 0 TDs 9.9 YPAC and 2.45 receptions per game

but then again looking at his history http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playe...s?playerId=1393

he averages only 2.1 receptions per game and 14.5 yards per reception.

Archived