Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting #2 WR Candidate

Ricky Ervins

I guess he can be considered a poor mans Joe Jurevicious (who in turn is considered a poor mans Ed McCaffery).

Brian Finneran

From Scouts.com:

Finneran is a tall lanky wide receiver who has good upper body strength and he uses his hands well to get off press coverage. He works hard at the blocking phase of his game and he locks on very well with his hands when blocking down field. He has a good feel for getting to the open spots in zone coverage and he has a good awareness in attacking coverages. He has good leaping ability and with his height he can compete very well for the jump ball. His hands are above average and he generally catches what he should catch although he loses focus at times and he has difficulty making the over the shoulder catch. He lacks initial foot quickness and he is a long strider. It takes time for him to reach his top end speed and he is not going to run away from many people. He is not a deep threat and he is not a threat to go the distance with the ball in his hands. He does a better job against zone coverage than he does in attacking man to man coverage. He runs good routes but he lacks the acceleration coming out of his cuts to be able to get separation from defenders. He does not have a good surge off the line of scrimmage and he does not show the ability to move a defender who is in man coverage. He is a decent possession type of receiver who has become a fairly reliable down field blocker.

Could be an effective cheap, alternative.

i think any receiver coming out of ATL deserves a look, just because having Vick throw at them is career-ruining. ive mentioned before, peerless price is the way to go for that #2 (look what he did opposite moulds before he got traded to the wide receiver cemetary known as ATL)

He's a guy who fits the mold of what we may want. I have not looked at him as much because he's 30 and I envision us looking a little younger here unless we use Bruce to bridge us for a while.

Anyone think we'll take a stab at the kid from Notre Dame, Maurice Stovall?

Stovall is a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick.

Wont be there when we select and Gibbs has already shown a tendancy to want Vet WR's not rookies starting.

i say we stay away from trying to sign or draft white people

I didn't have to look at your profile to know your age. Let me ask you... just what does a comment like that add to the discussion... or this forum for that matter? Come on man... let's try to be less like this and post thought provoking opinions or viewpoints to discussions like these. Is that to much to ask? :doh:

If this is a joke, which I am guessing it is, you may want to adorn your post with smilies so that the rest of us get the idea. Otherwise, this type of post doesn't fly around here.

it was absolutely a joke, and i'm sorry if anyone was offended

Lets sign Chris Doering, I hear he is talented and could be quite a bargain:doh:

Chris Doering ?? What about Chris Collinsworth ???

Actually, Finneran is a servicable WR.....at best. He is not the worst option out there....but let's hope it doesn't come to that.....

i think any receiver coming out of ATL deserves a look, just because having Vick throw at them is career-ruining. ive mentioned before, peerless price is the way to go for that #2 (look what he did opposite moulds before he got traded to the wide receiver cemetary known as ATL)

I would like to go on record as saying run do not walk away from Peerless Price. He's been terrible the last couple of years and has an eye condition that gives him depth perception issues. Dallas gambled on him last year and then midseason waived him and no team claimed him. That should tell you something. He's also 30 years old.

get Kevin Curtis

hes not a big reciever but he has a 40 inch vertical and his speed is similar to moss's

and he prooved he can play well with bad QBs so imagine what he could do if he came here to a better QB?

Now that is a suggestion that warrants attention.

Kevin Curtis is quick, reliable and tough. Just like a "Gibbs prototype receiver"

Why do we need a big receiver? We just need a tough one who can compliment Moss.

Archived