Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Interesting #2 WR Candidate

Ricky Ervins

First of all, Kevin Curtis will cost at least a 3rd round pick, almost certainly a 1st round pick and probably both.

83 yards is what separated Brian Finneran from Joe Jurevicius this year. Yet Joe Jurevicius is considered a total stud and the solution to our WR problem, but Brian Finneran is a nobody. You put Brian Finneran on Seattle and Joe Jurevicius on Atlanta, and everybody would be all over Finneran instead of Jurevicius.

Neither of them are good enough to be a #2 WR, unless the real #2 WR gets injured and they fill in.

get Kevin Curtis...he prooved he can play well with bad QBs so imagine what he could do if he came here to a better QB?

er....name the better QB on our roster? ok, granted, harvard boy was a joke save for that one magical week, but bulger, healthy or not, is a top 7 qb in this league. brunell was a top 7 qb for about three weeks of the last 7 years.

all that said (sorry, no links provided....hee hee) i like kevin curtis too and he could be a decent sleeper. kid can catch, he runs great routes thanks to his pedigree and would be one of those wildcards that make you go hmmm (he'd definitely be open a lot)....however i have a feeling a #2 here is going to be superfluous no matter who it is....our qb's have yet to be able to check down the line (it's hot read or throw it out of bounds for the last two seasons) and even with saunders, whose #1 wr in KC was a freakin te, won't be able to coach someone up so well that they shine in our (new? newish?) system.....look at carolina if you smirk at this proposition.....this is the santana and clinton show.....so no need to get a flashy #2 in here, right? errr, not that curtis is flashy, of course.

ok.

bottom line? i'd be fine with curtis. he'd be cheap, he'd be a team player and he might just end up with 500+ and 5 td's which would be peachy against santana's gawdy numbers.

but....

2nd bottom line? couldn't patten do that exact same thing?

yeah.

- FUF

i say we stay away from trying to sign or draft white people

It doesnt matter if youre black or white or any other race. If youre good enough to play the position then I dont care. I would want him on the team. I hope you were joking.

He's not a sleeper any more than Matt Jones was a sleeper.

Matt Jones is still sleeping -- Kevin Curtis is waaaay down the list of f.a. wr's and thus in all practical terms can still be considered a sleeper -- sleeper in the sense that depending on the system he transfers into, faith coaches have in him to be a viable #2, and ability on his part to step up to the new digs, renders him an absolute sleeper.....despite whatever numbers he had stepping in for an injured bruce (ironic in that we're also considering HIM) coming into a brand new situation will render him tabula rasa and it'd be up to him to be a true 2 or just another guy.

- FUF

Matt Jones is still sleeping -- Kevin Curtis is waaaay down the list of f.a. wr's and thus in all practical terms can still be considered a sleeper -- sleeper in the sense that depending on the system he transfers into, faith coaches have in him to be a viable #2, and ability on his part to step up to the new digs, renders him an absolute sleeper.....despite whatever numbers he had stepping in for an injured bruce (ironic in that we're also considering HIM) coming into a brand new situation will render him tabula rasa and it'd be up to him to be a true 2 or just another guy.

- FUF

If he's down on the list, it's because he is a RFA.

He had 800+ yards last season. In this market, that makes him one of the marquee guys.

Ike Bruce and Mike Vanderjagt would be great FA signings for us.

Vanderjagt did not even kickoff for the colts cause he can't kick past the 20. So are we going to have to sign another kicker for kickoffs? I say we sign baker the UFA punter from carolina who can also kickoff if need be

Bruce might be a good pickup but am very warry of his knee problems..

Neither Finneran nor Jurevicious scare defensive coordinators enough to make them adjust their coverages in Moss's favor. With either of them at #2, Moss would still get a lot of attention. If we are going to settle for that, then we might as well keep Patten at #2.

I'd like to get Issac Bruce. He reminds me of another ex-Ram who was very good as a Redskin - Henry Ellard. Precise route running, great hands, deceptively fast, etc.

Archived