Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: You're not going to like this

Dinello

My source told me a few minutes ago that their staff saw the ESPN update that, if the new CBA is approved, that free agency won't start until 12:01 friday instead of thursday. The opinion in their meeting room is this: if the owners are close on a revenue sharing plan then the union will probably extend the cut deadline again but probably for just one day. Remember, THIS IS ONLY THEIR OPINION. THEY DID NOT HERE THIS FROM THE OWNER OR THEIR GM.

They still think the CBA will get approved though.

You think you are frustrated, you should here how frustrated their personnel guys are. They don't even give a sh** right now what happens they just want SOMETHING to be decided.

They are baffled that it took the owners this long to start seriously debating the revenue-sharing issue.

HTTR!!!

Christ more waiting? :rolleyes: It's like they are doing this just to watch us squirm. I bet they've had a deal in place for weeks now they just wanted to see what it would be like if they pushed free agency back 2 or 3 weeks.

Probably Dan Snyders idea. :silly:

:jk:

You scared me for a minute man..I thought you were going to say that there was going to be no CBA..I can wait an extra day if one gets done.
:D My thoughts exactly. Was a little afraid there, especially after this recent espn update that only 19 owners are on board with the new CBA.

My source told me a few minutes ago that their staff saw the ESPN update that, if the new CBA is approved, that free agency won't start until 12:01 friday instead of thursday.

I read this in an article somewhere already...? Can't remember where.

There just really is no deadline, just as you stated before Dinello. I agree, the owners just need to make a frickin' decision already. Thanks for the info! You have been doing an excellent job in relaying. Hopefully there is an agreement and FA won't be too much longer. :fingersx: Looking forward to your next post.

It's the luxury plane that Dan Snyder flies around in. He goes to different NFL cities around the country offering millions of dollars to free agents and hookers.

I mean.. just free agents. :silly:

lol...Ok I was always hearing about that but didn't know what it was.

Heard a report on the radio here in Richmond at 4pm.

Guy on the radio said the cba is in danger again. Jerry Jones evidently told someone they took a step back in the negotiations.

Whatever the case may be, 1 thing is for sure. No one really knows what the heck is going on.

ohh you newbies :silly:

I think it is snyders plane that he sends out in the offseason to check out and maybe sign free agents. Usually someone here at es tracks it so we are one step ahead of the media on what we may be doing.

man I'm a slow typer. :doh:

A newbie with 800 posts.:D

Im torn on this subject as every day passes.......

- On one side I want the cba to get done b/c the Redskins can keep players they dont want to let go and they can sign key free agents. Plus I want a salary cap , i want great NFL games and competition not just 8-10 teams being able to win a title like in baseball.

- but more and more as I here other teams fans saying the Skins will have to release 20 players and hearing them say Joe Gibbs wont be able to come out of this.......

I wouldnt mind proving them wrong and showing GIbbs and Snyder have a plan and only a couple of players will be cut due to the FO reworking deals. Then showing them the Redskins can field a dam good team and continuing to improve on the 2005-2006 season.

Id rather have a CBA and a salary cap for 2007 ,but if it dont happen i wouldnt mind Gibbs proving everyone wrong.:D :helmet:

Archived