Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR: You're not going to like this

Dinello

Do we really even want this thing passed? I mean, I'm no capologist (nor have I ever claimed to be) but I have heard conflicting reports. According to some, failure to reach a new CBA would handcuff us this yr but put us in a very advantagous position next yr. Thoughts ?

Really...change this thread title brother, youre scaring us!!!!!

No big deal...another day sucks but hey, better than no CBA. Lets hope something gets done...

My source will probably be out of touch now through the 8 p.m. deadline. He's got a dinner with their staff and won't be able to call or e-mail me. I told him to try and text message me. He said he will do his best. But, if I hear something I will pass it along.

Ive read in multiple places they are being given 3 different plans to vote on. So ultimately it only takes 1 of 3 to pass. But that requires 24 votes which is gonna be hard to get on ANY of them. Even though the lower revenue owners are gonna be worse off it none pass, I see them being the ones holding things up and the higher revenue guys(at least some) caving in. Gonna be a close vote.

My source told me a few minutes ago that their staff saw the ESPN update that, if the new CBA is approved, that free agency won't start until 12:01 friday instead of thursday. The opinion in their meeting room is this: if the owners are close on a revenue sharing plan then the union will probably extend the cut deadline again but probably for just one day. Remember, THIS IS ONLY THEIR OPINION. THEY DID NOT HERE THIS FROM THE OWNER OR THEIR GM.

They still think the CBA will get approved though.

You think you are frustrated, you should here how frustrated their personnel guys are. They don't even give a sh** right now what happens they just want SOMETHING to be decided.

They are baffled that it took the owners this long to start seriously debating the revenue-sharing issue.

HTTR!!!

We got plenty of time yet. The draft is not until the end of next month, but thanks for sharing. :)

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

"NFL | Salary cap deadline pushed back two hours

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:33:43 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports, the NFL's waiver deadline to get below the salary cap has been moved back two hours, from 9 p.m. ET Wednesday, March 8, to 11 p.m. ET."

"NFL | More on owner's meeting

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:28:23 -0800

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports, as noted earlier, NFL owners are studying at least four different revenue plans. There is a Pittsburgh model being pushed by Dan and Art Rooney of the Pittsburgh Steelers. The plan would have each team put 25 percent of local revenues into a pool that would be distributed to teams in the lower end of the revenue streams. There is a New England Patriots/New York Jets model that expands on an already existing local revenue sharing plan. Currently, $40 million of local revenue is being shared. The Patriots/Jets model expands that number significantly. At this point no system has the 24 votes needed to pass."

Archived