Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ade coming back

CRobi21

With all the crappy news about LaVar, this was some good news. Defensive back Ade Jimoh received a qualifying offer from the Redskins yesterday, according to his agent. The makes Jimoh a restricted free agent, meaning the Redskins have the right to match any offer or receive compensation if he left.

I think he proved himself as a special teams player and good depth at CB, I don't know about you guys, but I still like him.:applause:

With all the crappy news about LaVar, this was some good news. Defensive back Ade Jimoh received a qualifying offer from the Redskins yesterday, according to his agent. The makes Jimoh a restricted free agent, meaning the Redskins have the right to match any offer or receive compensation if he left.

I think he proved himself as a special teams player and good depth at CB, I don't know about you guys, but I still like him.:applause:

right on !! ade gets better every year

Gosh, I just hope we can match any offers he might get from other teams, I'd hate to see him back in the secondary for the Giants or Cowboys! Actually I like Ade, he really proved himself as a special teamer this past season and by all accounts he's really worked hard to keep himself on this team. And in that last game in Philly when he went out due to his heart condition acting up, I dunno, I just felt like that showed some serious heart trying to push through something like that for the team. He's young, and while he probably won't be a shutdown corner one day, I think our coaching staff could squeeze some good nickelback playing out of him.

Ade's my man for Nickelback. Now, let's go get a 2WR and a DE. I hope we don't bring anymore LaVar nonsense on this thread. We've done fine when he was on the sideline

Agreed, lets just totally move on and get ready for next year

I have been critical of Ade, but I recently watched some recorded Skins games from this past season. I gotta say Ade wasn't looking as bad as I initially had thought. I'm starting to believe, along w/ the testimony of other posters, that Ade could fill our nickel nicely, or at least well enough. I am getting more and more pleased by the release of LA as we are securing much needed depth in his absense.

I'm not gonna lie, Ade used to scare me when I used to see him come in. At the end of last year he played much better in nickel situations and has made himself valuable on special teams. I've heard he's a really good guy too.

Here's to Ade! You worked yourself into a spot on this team! :applause:

The thing about Ade is probably how he's only talked about when he does something wrong in games, he had a great season for us but we didn't hear about it. If you don't hear his name it means he didn't get burned, he had good coverage and the QB didn't throw his way.

Im glad we kept him, he improved over the season and I think he's going to keep that going into 2006-2007. :applause:

Although, maybe we should bash him incase scouts from other teams are browsing the board :silly:

The thing about Ade is probably how he's only talked about when he does something wrong in games, he had a great season for us but we didn't hear about it. If you don't hear his name it means he didn't get burned, he had good coverage and the QB didn't throw his way.

Exactly! That's why "passes defensed" and other DB stats are ridiculous. You have four interceptions more than anyone on your team? That's great and all, but, it means that the quarterback is throwing in your direction. The greatest compliment that a DB can get is to not have the ball thrown to him at all.

I mean, honestly, when it comes to DBs, it's just like plane trips: You only hear about the ones that crash.

Unless they're flight # 28 ;)

Guest amaprius

Get Randle El for #3 WR and Bruce for #2 WR and add Ray Lewis and I wont care if we keep Lemon-Ade or get rid of LA....In fact I might start cheering "Beat LA!" Jimoh is roster filler anyway, so who really cares?

Amiprius... that was the least productive comment I have ever seen. Atleast you could acknowledge the existence of Ade in some fashion other than "roster filler". The guy could be developing into a pretty decent nickelback for us.

I mean, honestly, when it comes to DBs, it's just like plane trips: You only hear about the ones that crash.

Unless they're flight # 28 ;)

Or, sadly, flight #21.

Get Randle El for #3 WR and Bruce for #2 WR and add Ray Lewis and I wont care if we keep Lemon-Ade or get rid of LA....In fact I might start cheering "Beat LA!" Jimoh is roster filler anyway, so who really cares?

sarcasm?

is he actually serious?

Archived