Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

S.D bans most abortions

stevenaa

Going to get overturned, eventually, IMO. No exceptions for rape or incest.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11699703/

PIERRE, S.D. - Gov. Mike Rounds signed legislation Monday banning nearly all abortions in South Dakota, setting up a court fight aimed at challenging the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.

The bill would make it a crime for doctors to perform an abortion unless the procedure was necessary to save the woman’s life. It would make no exception for cases of rape or incest.

Planned Parenthood, which operates the state’s only abortion clinic, in Sioux Falls, has pledged to challenge the measure in court

Planned Parenthood, which operates the state’s only abortion clinic, in Sioux Falls, has pledged to challenge the measure in court

Interesting piece of info. The abortion doctor in South Dakota brought me into the world believe it or not.

No, I was not a botched job. He switched specialties about 5 years later.

Assuming you have enough money and free time to travel somewhere else.

South Dakota’s abortion ban is to take effect July 1, but a federal judge is likely to suspend it during a legal challenge.

S.D. Govenor Mike Rounds issued a written statement saying he expects the law will be tied up in court for years and will not take effect unless the U.S. Supreme Court upholds it.

How dare a state attempt to make it's own state law.

Where is Lincoln when you need him.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Okay let me get this straight -

State makes a law against abortion - good, the state is making its own laws.

State makes a law against owning a gun (California/San Fran) - bad and unconstitutional.

:whoknows:

Okay let me get this straight -

State makes a law against abortion - good, the state is making its own laws.

State makes a law against owning a gun (California/San Fran) - bad and unconstitutional.

:whoknows:

Are you really asking this?

One is a Constituionally granted right. The other is not.

Are you really asking this?

One is a Constituionally granted right. The other is not.

And one is held up as federal law by the Supreme Court. So its alright to thumb your nose at the highest court in the land? And my point was that a majority of people in San Fran voted to have guns banned and there was an uproar that places shouldn't be allowed to make their own laws.

Archived