Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

S.D bans most abortions

stevenaa

What views are liberals inventing?

Equal rights, including the right marry and adopt, regardless of sexual orientation is a biggie.

A system where everyone in the country can enjoy the benefits of health insurance, regardless of their income level, is another.

Trying to work with the international community to resolve international disputes peacefully, if possible, and together - that's another one.

Getting America off the oil standard, that's a real good one. Bush already has tried to steal that one. Or at least he said he did.

But let's talk about your "vision" for the Middle East. Why does Democracy stop at Iraq? Saudi Arabia is every bit the brutal dictatorship that Iraq was...why haven't we gone in there?

Better yet, why the Middle East? Why not sub-Saharan Africa?

Could it be because the Africans don't have any oil for Haliburton to dig up? Could it be because the Saudis already give us access to their oil, whereas we couldn't go in and take it from Saddam, because Iraqi oil was on restriction?

And btw, CNN hasn't been liberal for about 8 years.

This whole post is baloney.

1) Liberals are not for equal right. Just overreaching Robin Hood rights for constituencies that are susceptable to entitlements and government sponsered welfare. And if you are successful in this country financially you are DEFINATELY not considered equal in rights.

2) Liberals want state run healthcare? Beautiful! But what is the cost? oh....... there goes that idea......

3) Thus my point about bend over and take it foreign policy. Carter and Clinton being masters of the craft.

4)Getting off the oil standard? Care to elaborate? How many products do you currently use that is a derivative of crude oil? Don't know? Then don't say we are getting off any oil standard.

5) The invasion of Iraq speaks for itself. And you do know WMD's have still not been found.

6) Any discussion regarding Haliburton is stale rhetoric. And typical fodder for liberals who have run out of ideas. Speaking of liberals running out of ideas, anything else?

7) CNN not liberal? :doh: :laugh:

It wasn't that long ago Portisizzle, but looks like you have already been brainwashed into thinking the GOP/Conservatives have always been in favor of wars like Iraq.

It is more like conservative leadership has been forced to clean up the mess.

But you still do not get it do you? This country is better with a stronger Democratic party. Surely you are not suggesting the Democrats are in a position of strength?

It is more like conservative leadership has been forced to clean up the mess.

Clean up what mess? All the people I quoted are conservatives or Republicans. What are you rambling about? The point is that the GOP was only in favor of the humanitarian reason when it became a convenient political tool.

I know you have a short memory so let me post what we are discussing at the moment:

ME: "I thought the "Conservatives" were against this exact type of humanitarian intervention in the Clinton days. I guess these days one's ideologies must be very nimble to match the quickly changing parties."

YOU: "You mean Kosovo"

But you still do not get it do you? This country is better with a stronger Democratic party. Surely you are not suggesting the Democrats are in a position of strength?

This country would be better off with a much weaker GOP and democratic party. Preferably both would be nonexistant.

You know what I think you are purposefully ignoring all of my points. Why don't you try and explain the change in attitude from Kosovo to Iraq?

You know what I think you are purposefully ignoring all of my points. Why don't you try and explain the change in attitude from Kosovo to Iraq?

To be totally honest here, I wonder the same about you. I made a post last night that I strongly believe. Yet you are defensive and mean-spirited in your rebuttal. Doing everything in your power NOT to debate the topic or points proposed.

Yet you expect me to follow your tangent in lock-step? How many times am I going to "debate" you when you choose not stay on task? I strongly disagree with Chrome on many topics but he is productive in debate and provides sprited and skilled responses.

You? I just feel like I am arguing with my 8 year old. Sorry if I offend, but try debating for once.

I strongly disagree with Chrome on many topics but he is productive in debate and provides sprited and skilled responses.

:rubeyes:

Umm, you might want to pass that along to some of your conservative buddies out there who think he is the Antichrist or something. :laugh:

:rubeyes:

Umm, you might want to pass that along to some of your conservative buddies out there who think he is the Antichrist or something. :laugh:

I have deep respect for Chrome. (As deep as you can get on a message board) He is one of a few individuals I would actually like to meet some time in person. Say what they will, but you can't hate the player you can just hate the game. :laugh:

Chrome's has game.

To be totally honest here, I wonder the same about you. I made a post last night that I strongly believe. Yet you are defensive and mean-spirited in your rebuttal. Doing everything in your power NOT to debate the topic or points proposed.

Yet you expect me to follow your tangent in lock-step? How many times am I going to "debate" you when you choose not stay on task? I strongly disagree with Chrome on many topics but he is productive in debate and provides sprited and skilled responses.

You? I just feel like I am arguing with my 8 year old. Sorry if I offend, but try debating for once.

You haven't tried debating, you don't know the meaning of the word, along with a lot of other words as evidenced by your post. But it is ok you have a very short memory (similar to 8 year olds huh?) so I will show exactly how this started.

You posted a long winded yet pointless post directed at Larry, using a condescending tone against a poster who has constantly proven he can think as well as any of us. I had problems with the entire thing but I decided to focus on specificic points which is that Democrats/liberals (since you can't comprehend a distinction) have no reasonable foothold in America.

Your exact word: "Unless Democrats can grasp reality (they are run by fringe lunatic liberals full of hate and anger) they will not even get a reasonable foothold in the hearts and minds of the American public."

(I assumed you know what "foothold" ment)

I responded by saying you are delusional because we know for a fact that democracts/liberals have had a strong foothold because 48% voted for the most liberal of liberals, John Kerry. (according to your "side").

(I assumed you know what "fringe" and "lunatic" ment)

You also claimed that they are lead by fringe lunatics.

1.John Kerry is a leader in the democratic party.

2. John Kerry received 48% of the vote in the 2004 election.

3. 48% of the country wanted JK to win the election

Now how can ANY group be considered "fringe" when they are supported by atleast 48% of the population?

To "rebut" this you asked me what % of the vote Clinton got... if you want to tell me how the 96 or 92 elections are somehow more relevant to the political landscape of America compared to the 2004 or even 2000 elections go ahead, but it is a useless point.

Was I mean sprited? Yes, but atleast I addressed your posts, something you never even tried with mine.

Now we are discussing Kosovo and humanitarian missions and the OBVIOUS change in the attitudes of Republicans between then and now. You have yet to address that point, or the other ones for that matter.

You haven't tried debating, you don't know the meaning of the word, along with a lot of other words as evidenced by your post. But it is ok you have a very short memory (similar to 8 year olds huh?) .

I stopped here. I assure you this is the last time I will bother with your posts.

This thread is now an official cluster f*** and is rendered meaningless.

Why do we even try to have regular political discussion when it always comes back to my side vs, your side?

It's obvious that there are many strongly held views here, but try to approach a thread with honor and even leaving your "bitter politcal opposite enemies" some dignity by allowing them the right to have an opinion.

sheeesh!!

Archived