Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

S.D bans most abortions

stevenaa

Admitedly i don't know that much about the issue (just how i feel) so could you please explain how you could be for ab0rtion but against the Roe ruling?

I'll take that one.

Larry's Problems with Roe: (perhaps "Larry's problems with Larry's understanding of Roe" might be more accurate):

I think the most common complaint thrown at Roe is the claim that it "invented" a non-existant "right to privacy". Now, to me, the Constitution does guarantee a right to privacy. Among lots of other places, it's in the Fourth Ammendment, who's sole purpose is to limit Government's Right to Know to only apply in cases directly related to a criminal investigation.

As far as I'm concerned "Right to Privacy" is a Constitutional Right.

However, abortion has nothing to do with a right to privacy.

If this ruling were made, to pick a more current example, in a case dealing with Bush's warrantless wiretaps, then I'd be saying it was a great ruling.

I would even claim that the intent of the Constitution is to create a Constitutional "Right to be Left Alone", unless government can demonstrate a clear, compelling reason why a law is essential to protect someone else.

(And, based on the excerpts I've read from Roe, that was what the justices were actually ruling on: Their reasoning was that the government had originally claimed that abortions had to be prohibited because they were dangerous for the mother, and that technology had now progressed to where that was no longer the case, and therefore the government had no overriding "need" to justify intruding on a personal decision.)

Maybe my problem has more to do with the words "Right to Privacy" than with the reasoning.

My other problem (which I also suspect has more to do with language than reasoning) is that it implies that abortion is legal because it takes place between a woman and a Doctor. Well, I believe in attorny-client privlege, too. But that doesn't mean that Tony Soprano, when he's in jail, can tell his lawyer to go tell ***** who to whack.

"Privacy" does not mean "anything that happens in private is legal".

Further, the idea that we can haphazardly set a date in which to determine viability strikes me as Nazilike. 3 Months isnt viable but 3 months and 1 day is?

Try voting the day before your 18th birthday.

Life is full of "Nazilike", arbitrary distinctions.

"Life begins at birth" has been an arbitrary distinction for what, thousands of years?

Maybe it's time to change the distinction. Drinking age has changed, and society survived.

But, to use an analogy, just because 21 is an arbitrary age for a drinking law, doesn't mean that "booze begins at conception" is any less arbitrary.

Bartender, I'll have what he's having.

Yep, an empty political gesture who's sole purpose was political fundraising obviously proves just how superior one political side is over another.

I bet when whatever state it is passes that resolution declaring Christianity the official religion, then the entire state of California will simply fall into the sea.

(Taking that pesky Constitution with it.)

Larry,

I feel for you kid. Really I do.

This country NEEDS proper representation from both ideologies. However, for the past 26 years the liberal movement has failed this country miserably. The result is a SCOTUS that is much farther to the right, the Senate and HofR have been under Republican control for 12 years, and 20 of the past 28 years this country has been run by a Republican President.

The trend is clear. Sadly liberals are driven by the most fringe elements that cause political loss after loss by default. And people like you are so punch-drunk that you can not see the reality of the situation.

What you are left with is meaningless posturing based on hate and conservative loathing. What the Democratic party needs is a MUCH more moderate platform that seeks to satisfy the country as a whole. Not the move on / democratic underground lunatics with which liberals will be forever connected.

Until then decide to respond; or not. Unless Democrats can grasp reality (they are run by fringe lunatic liberals full of hate and anger) they will not even get a reasonable foothold in the hearts and minds of the American public.

Please remember many American understand that liberals stand for....

Kill unborn children

Keep the mommy killer alive

Tax the mother-****ing life out of Americans

Class hatred

Bend over and take it foreign policy

Entitlement Society

Welfare state

Public Education that teaches to the lowest common denominator

....Until this perception changes liberal don't have a chance. Again, I say, our country needs more from the Democrats.

Have a nice day.

Larry,

This country NEEDS proper representation from both ideologies. However, for the past 26 years the liberal movement has failed this country miserably. The result is a SCOTUS that is much farther to the right, the Senate and HofR have been under Republican control for 12 years, and 20 of the past 28 years this country has been run by a Republican President.

The trend is clear. Sadly liberals are driven by the most fringe elements that cause political loss after loss by default. And people like you are so punch-drunk that you can not see the reality of the situation.

What you are left with is meaningless posturing based on hate and conservative loathing. What the Democratic party needs is a MUCH more moderate platform that seeks to satisfy the country as a whole. Not the move on / democratic underground lunatics with which liberals will be forever connected.

Until then decide to respond; or not. Unless Democrats can grasp reality (they are run by fringe lunatic liberals full of hate and anger) they will not even get a reasonable foothold in the hearts and minds of the American public.

Kill unborn children

Class hatred

Entitlement Society

Welfare state

....Until this perception changes liberal don't have a chance. Again, I say, our country needs more from the Democrats.

Have a nice day.

huh? Are you delusional? The GOP may control a lot of the power in this country right now but only a fool would claim that they have the mandated majority that you claim. In the last election it was Bush 51% Kerry 48% and that was in the middle of a war AND he ran against an ivory tower New England Liberal.

Larry,

Kill unborn children

Class hatred

Entitlement Society

Welfare state

Have a nice day.

1) If you "felt for me, kid", you'd be hiding under the bed in fear that you'd be treated the way you feel entitled to treat others.

Sorry, I'm too angry to get to 2).

Have a nice day.

huh? Are you delusional? The GOP may control a lot of the power in this country right now but only a fool would claim that they have the mandated majority that you claim. In the last election it was Bush 51% Kerry 48% and that was in the middle of a war AND he ran against an ivory tower New England Liberal.

Doesn't seem fair does it?

It does not take a mandate to run this country like we have for the past 26 years.... How old are you again?

I feel for you as well.

1) If you "felt for me, kid", you'd be hiding under the bed in fear that you'd be treated the way you feel entitled to treat others.

Sorry, I'm too angry to get to 2).

Have a nice day.

Being a member of an ideology that has failed so miserably would make me mad as well.

Doesn't seem fair does?

I does not take a mandate to run this country like we have for the past 26 years.... How old are you again?

I feel for you as well.

"I feel for you as well"

Well I hope you feel for you sure as hell can't think, but it is my fault, I mistook you for someone who could carry out intelligent discourse.

48% is a reasonable foothold. And if they are run by FRINGE LUNATICS then how can they have gotten 48% of the vote in the 2004 presidential election?

Are 48% of the people fringe lunatics? Do you know what "fringe" even means?

"I feel for you as well"

Well I hope you feel for you sure as hell can't think, but it is my fault, I mistook you for someone who could carry out intelligent discourse.

48% is a reasonable foothold. And if they are run by FRINGE LUNATICS then how can they have gotten 48% of the vote in the 2004 presidential election?

Are 48% of the people fringe lunatics? Do you know what "fringe" even means?

What percent of the vote did your poster boy get back in the 90's?

Come again?

How does an ideology fail anyway? Is it by the number that support it? If that is the case then China's ideology is going to succeed one way or another.

It fails because liberals do not have a say.

Or let me rephrase. They have a say on CNN. as if it matters.

I missed this. Is this a threat or something? Is that what your response is?

I am going to hide under my bed because of how I treated you? Reread my post. For the most part I was referring to the liberals and Democrats and not you.

However if the shoe fits.....

In either event;

Typical.

and

Unnecessary.

well, gang, here's an update from the heart of south dakota. i'm writing to you from warner, south dakota, which is about nine miles from aberdeen, south dakota, population 28,000...SALUTE!!!

anyway, this story is a much much much bigger story elsewhere than it is here. people just aren't talking about it. you would think if it makes the big time news all over the country that we'd be talking about it all day long here, but that's not the case. when you tell someone that governor rounds signed it into law, people just say "OH." we're a bunch of GOD fearing, family loving, get back to the basics type people here, and don't really like having our state on the national news, but then again, i guess this is pretty big stuff.

by the way, mike rounds is probably the best governor we've had in many many years. had the chance to meet him a few times and he is a wonderful wonderful man.

What percent of the vote did your poster boy get back in the 90's?

Come again?

My poster boy? WTF are you talking about? And why does it matter when an ivory tower liberal from taxachussettes who is supported only by fringe lunatics can get 48% of the vote in 2004?

Do you lack the ability to respond in a sensible manner?

My poster boy? WTF are you talking about? And why does it matter when an ivory tower liberal from taxachussettes who is supported only by fringe lunatics can get 48% of the vote in 2004?

Do you lack the ability to respond in a sensible manner?

You didn't like the answer, huh? :)

You didn't like the answer, huh? :)

1. I am not a Democrat

2. Bill Clinton is not my poster boy

3. The answer is irrelevant to what we are discussion now

Are you ever going to address the points I brought up or are you going to continue with your pointless rant.

1. I am not a Democrat

2. Bill Clinton is not my poster boy

3. The answer is irrelevant to what we are discussion now

1. I would not admit it either, unless of course you are a communist.

2. Good for you. You still did not like the answer.

3. What exactly are you trying to discuss. If you admit that you are not a Democrat why would you care about my post?

Try again.

1. I would not admit it either

3. What exactly are you trying to discuss. If you admit that you are not a Democrat why would you care about my post?

Try again.

I care about your post because it is a representative example of monumental stupidity. It ought to offend anyone who cares about logical thinking.

I care about your post because it is a representative example of monumental stupidity. It ought to offend anyone who cares about logical thinking.
1. I would not admit it either, unless of course you are a communist.

Try again.

Ignore button. Click on it.

Larry,

Kill unborn children

Class hatred

Entitlement Society

Welfare state

Have a nice day.

ok 2 million more without health care, 47 million without health care, and poverty has risen by 1 million under Bush...not to mention a war based on lies..

-Grant

You know what it has become painfully obvious that you aren't going to actually try to make a point. Why? You either don't have the ability or the will. Either way I can't have any respect for your ideas so I am going to stop before I give the mods an excuse to ban me.

Archived