Allen

Freotte

Shuler

Green

Johnson 2x

Davis

Arrington

Bailey

Portis.........PLEASE DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHULER???????? wow!

Dent19's Jersey's.....

Westbroke

Bailey Throwback (i still where it)

Davis Throwback

Blank #1 (from draft when we got LaVar and Chris)

and my best of all:

DENT #19 (Burgundy Adidas joint)

next will be White Rebok or custom Black :D

SHULER???????? wow! :doh:

Damn I'm gonna miss LA. As far as I'm concerned, he only made waves, so to speak, once last year. He spoke to the media about being disappointed because he went from Pro Bowler to bench warmer. Most guys in that situation would have torn the team apart from the inside.

Helluva physical specimen. Seems like a helluva guy. It was a nice run LA. Good luck.

And I'll tell you right now. He's going to Dallas, and I'm going to be ****ing pissed when it happens. :mad:

Since he's basically out the door, why the hostility? That's classless, especially after the guy apparently paid back to the team to make things work out.

Good luck, Lavar.

You're looking at this in way too positive a light. The person that's classless is LaVar...WT article was the last straw for me

The guy paid back money because

1. he would not renegotiate like every other player, although at the end of the season he said he would to stay.

2. He gave money back because he knew he would never see his 6.5 mil roster bonus which he would have to wait until the summer

3. If he waited until then, all the big FA contracts would be signed and teams wouldn't have money to spend on him

4. He gave the Redskins 4 mil so he could hit the FA pool ASAP and try and finagle a big contract outta someone.

Larry Michael said something on Redskins TV that got my attention. He said "its the end of a career for a player who has for so many years been the face of the redskins organization." And I just thought to myself, yes he has been the face of many talented, underacheiving teams. He's the face for all the shortcomings of the post AND pre Gibbs skins. Pretty much fits that once we become good he would be out the door.

Id like to see him on the Pats and see how frustrated Billy B gets with him

I can't see why he had any real incentive to help us with our cap situation. He gives up $4 MM! That's a lot of cash, I don't care who you are. He could have held out, forced a move later and kept every penny. Plus, by giving back 4MM it goes a little way toward showing that the whole bonus controversy really wasn't just about the money to him. At least that's the way I'll choose to remember LA's departure.

Vaya con Dios #56. It was great while it lasted.

I can't see why he had any real incentive to help us with our cap situation. He gives up $4 MM! That's a lot of cash, I don't care who you are. He could have held out, forced a move later and kept every penny. Plus, by giving back 4MM it goes a little way toward showing that the whole bonus controversy really wasn't just about the money to him. At least that's the way I'll choose to remember LA's departure.

Vaya con Dios #56. It was great while it lasted.

he actually had plenty of incentives to do this.. if the skins wanted to, it would have cost them nothing more to keep lavar until his bonus was due june 1.. at that point, most if not all, of the big free agent money would already be spent and teams would have most of their rosters set. lavar has a much greater chance of signing a big contract now as opposed to june 1.

there was something to gain by both sides to handle it this way..

He gave it back so they don't hold on to him until the summer when all the big FA contracts are gone. Resulting in him inking a one year deal or incentive ladden contract. If this didn't happen the SKins were gonna keep him until June 1st, cut him and he's up ***** creek. He was never gonna sniff that 6.5 roster bonus.

A classy move would have been Lavar recognizing his skills are diminishing and isn't worth a huge contract, thus taking a big paycut. Or hell renegotiate like every other player on the team, but apparently he was the only one to refuse...same old story with him. Says one thing to the media and does the other...

He gave it back so they don't hold on to him until the summer when all the big FA contracts are gone. Resulting in him inking a one year deal or incentive ladden contract. If this didn't happen the SKins were gonna keep him until June 1st, cut him and he's up ***** creek. He was never gonna sniff that 6.5 roster bonus.

A classy move would have been Lavar recognizing his skills are diminishing and isn't worth a huge contract, thus taking a big paycut. Or hell renegotiate like every other player on the team, but apparently he was the only one to refuse...same old story with him. Says one thing to the media and does the other...

diminishing skills? he isnt 30 yrs old.

Lavar, you were the man, you will be missed.

I understand why you were released, but it totally sucks.

You played with passion , you were probably the most favorite Redskins since D. Green left. You will be missed.

You had a connection with the fans here, you felt like family to us. In my eyes you will always be a Redskin, you will be missed.

Goodluck wherever you end up Lavar (unless its dallas, Philly, or NY lol) but we all hope you dont sign with either of those guys, knowing how much it would hurt us as Redskins fans, you will be missed.

Thanks for all the great memories here buddy!!!

#56 A Redskin through and through. :notworthy

I will still keep my arrington jerseys! :)

I hear you, I had an Arrington Jersey too, thought it would be safe because I got if after he signed the contract extension.

That sucks, fuji. I actually feel only bad about his leaving for guys like you that I know are great and intelligent fans and still really liked him (but weren't nutty about it either) and are gonna be bummed out.

Me, I'm fine with it for now.

Good luck Lavar! It's been a great few years and you have given us some exciting moments! I wish it didn't have to end this way, but I wish you the best of luck .. except when you play the Skins! ;)

Somehow I'd hoped it would work out here, but I guess it's just part of the game these days. I was hoping that you'd be a Skins lifer like Darrell Green.

Prediction: LA will have his release rescinded by the 'skins and he will be back next year under the terms of his original contract

I stated this as a hypo in another thread. I still feel it may be a remote possibility. But that may just be the part of me that realizes that we now need another high-caliber LB!

I know that Williams has been able to use LBs who aren't big names and make them into superstars, but I also know that Holdman and Clemons didn't exactly set the world on fire either. I sense that LA will be back to hitting with steam this year, and I would have loved to have seen him do it in B&G. I will maintain a sliver of hope until we have signed his replacement or he gets signed elsewhere.

Is it just me or am I the only person who saw the end of the 1st tampa game. Was it me of did lavar try to showboat and completely missed a hit on Alstott that would have won us the game. I also remember for every sick punishing freak of nature hit that lavar would throw, there would be 2 misses that I could count. When he pash rushed he gave up if he did not beat his guy off the line of scrimage. When he would try to make a big hit, players would step around him or bounce off him. He was fast and he ran after the ball carrier but he had bad pursuit and this is coming from a person who has no knowledge of the game plan or his position. The only reason he was playing at the end is because it was such a distraction to sit him and warrick's play was suffering. I wish him luck but I am glad he is gone. He is not a Williams player and this is going to be Williams team.

If LaVar had kept his mouth shut he would still be here. Either way he was a waste of 12.5 million Good riddence. He was just another player that showed flashes of brilliance but then subsided to playing at a JV level. Mike Nolan saw it, Marvin Lewis, Ray Rhodes, and most recently Greg Williams.

He talked his way out of DC he has no one to blaim but himself

Archived