Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks and good luck LA, we'll miss you. :doh:

dent19

Do you guys think if the Redskins make a 100 Greatest Redskins list like they did for the 75th aniv. that Lavar will be on it. I think he deserves to be. he was our only hope when during some very dark times. he was like our luke skywalker or neo if you will. I know when i open my madden 07 getting back the reason we could all bare to watch the Steve Spurrier Experiment will be the first thing i do.

Thanks Lavar. no burgandy and gold 56 will ever be the same again

i guess we will al have to setttle for imagining what lavar and marcus washington could have done on.

"No matter how you look at it, LA was overpaid"

so...what's the standard? Rogers didn't earn his pay last year. JC certainly didn't. Both Springs and Washington had drop-offs from the prior year. As did Griffin. What's the gold standard here?

Does it really matter? The fact is Lavar is gone and there is no amount of arguing that will bring him back. I know that's tough for some to handle but it is reality.

So saying player X,Y, or Z didn't earn their money means absolutely nothing.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Very sad day for me... but I know, it's for the best... LaVar, you gave me great, great times since your draft day, and I will remember them forever. Thank you very much, I'll always love you and support you... only not when you play the Washington Redskins, the ones I'll love till I'm dead.

Good bye Lavar. I wish you well. I guess I am a little puzzled that you said you were a team guy and didn't want to restructure and the other newer guys portis, springs and thomas who haven't been here as long all restructured their deals. I am sure that there is more to your story that we haven't heard yet. I just wish that things were to work out. It is hard watching a guy on your team develop and then head somewhere else. I just hope we don't end up playing you 2 times in a year like some of the other former redskins have done. Take it easy Lavar and good luck to you and your family. Hopefully you will be on top again, please just don't go to the Cowboys.

Please Mc,....LaVar restructured his contract every other year since hes been here. How much is too much. The other guys just got here and when we started playing better....LA was here when there was no hope of winning and he restructured. Why?, He did it for the team. Although he's a die hard Steelers fan, he said he would love to be he until he retired as long as ownership wanted him here. And he really helped us out by leaving and giving back 4 Million. 1 more for the team.....

I'm definitely dissapointed in this whole deal. I should have seen the light with his contract dollars for this season and his recent playing history. I mean he seemed like the perfect Redskin player with all the talk we got from him. Always talked about how he wanted to be here etc...but then when it came down to $ and redoing his deal the true colors showed and unfortunately they weren't burgundy and gold, but rather Green!

And he really helped us out by leaving and giving back 4 Million. 1 more for the team.....

if you believe Lavar made this move in the best interest of the Redskins instead of Lavar, then you are oblivious to the entire situation. Lavar did this to insure himself of being on the open market at 12:01am Friday morning, assuming there are no more delays, not the Washington Redskins. Nice try though.

Yes its sad to see LA go.

I was daydreaming in class today and thought back to the seahawks playoff game. I thought he had a chnce to be a the differance in that game. NO no no instead he was out of postion, Offsides (i believe on a big 3rd down play, typical LA crap) and looked terribly slow multiple times. He may regain his explosivness but he will never get any smarter or disciplined. That is what our whole Defensive scheme is predicated on. The same scheme that looks like it may be in place for many years even after Gibbs II is over.

Also imo Trotter is only good at gap assignments and blowing up centers. I'll take AP or Lemar Marshall who are both much more heady and Great in Pass Protection.

:2cents:

damn man i didnt think this day would come

Lavar you have been the face of this franchise for years and my favorite redskins ever since the day we drafted you i hope you have a good career on another team or come back here and continue your career like james thash(only at the level you played at while you wwere here)

o and i hope you dont kill any1 of our players on the field whenever you play us again

Peace n Good luck sumwhere else

When I really got old enough to appreciate the NFL and like a team for the team and players rather than the colors, I chose the redskins because that's where the craziest player I'd ever personally seen went to play. You are one of the most gifted players ever to play in this league and you are worthy of #56 and it hurts to see you so pained that you have to leave this organization. Your next stop will be the team i root for most other than the skins.

Don't change your heart for the game and play it with passion like you always have.

P.S. Please go to the BROWNS!!!

Man... I'm gonna miss you, LA. I really hope you find your stride where ever you end up, even if it does mean lining up against the 'Skins twice a year. Thanks for some great years, and good luck. I'll be rooting for you.

Don't be a dick.

Will this ever end? I am sure that this little jab will cost you. You know there are fans who could care less if Arrington left. If you cannot handle what is dished out on the other side of the argument, leave.

I thought this was going to be a civil thread, and what do I see? Same old BS. Why is it there are some who cannot understand there will always be different opinions on any subject?

Grow up or stay out. If there is one good thing about Arrington leaving, these threads will soon be history. That is until we lose a game and it's all because Arrington left. :doh:

Yet another jersey to add to my collection of players no longer around

I'm going to miss LaVar's playing to the cameras during the national anthem but as much as I hate to admit it I think this was the best move for LaVar and the team. I'm going to miss the thunderous hits he used to put on people but as long as ST doesn't end of in the big house I think he'll pick up the slack

Lavar I hope you land somewhere witha coaching staff that better suits your needs (like with Marty in SD) I will still cheer for you as long as you stay out of the NFC East. Personaly I'd like to see you in Steeler black and gold. Anyway thanks for the memories especialy the INT against Carolina and the hit on Aikman

I'm not sure where you'll end up but you'll always be a Redskins to me

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

if you believe Lavar made this move in the best interest of the Redskins instead of Lavar, then you are oblivious to the entire situation. Lavar did this to insure himself of being on the open market at 12:01am Friday morning, assuming there are no more delays, not the Washington Redskins. Nice try though.

Given the choice between lets say losing out on at least 10 Million with the restructure (no way he finishes out another 6-8 yr deal in his condition) or buying your freedom for 4 Million. I'd save myself 6 large, give the team a 4 Mil cap break and plan to make as much money as possible in the shortest time.

Be real man please.....

Archived