The "Taken out of context" thread.

Teller

Which is worse:  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which is worse:

• Madden
    • Vitale

[bad context thingie]

:nono: you can't do that. You can cut from the beginning of a sentence and from the end, but can't cut out of the middle. Its no longer taking out of context and just cutting and pasting. basically, you just made a newspaper ransom note!

Edited by PokerPacker

:nono: Pwyl, no cutting words in the middle.

Oh, good pull? That's what he said :laugh:

:nono: you can't do that. You can cut from the beginning of a sentence and from the end, but can't cut out of the middle. Its no longer taking out of context and just cutting and pasting. basically, you just made a newspaper ransom note!

:blahblah:

... And I didn't cut anything at all.

That was pretty funny, the thing that's not funny is when someone quotes from a thread that's talking about gay marriage for instance and uses a sentence like "two men getting married." Because that's not out of context with that thread at all. I think of this thread as more of a 'that's what she said' competition.

:blahblah:

... And I didn't cut anything at all.

okay, but then if you go by the claim you didn't cut anything as you made the text black (or more accurately, adding in BB tags), you broke the first rule of fight club... er TOOC.

:

1. Quote the poster exactly, no matter how much or little of their post you use.

you added in bb tags that were not originally there, thus you broke the rules. GTFO, no0b! :chair:

okay, but then if you go by the claim you didn't cut anything as you made the text black (or more accurately, adding in BB tags), you broke the first rule of fight club... er TOOC.

:

you added in bb tags that were not originally there, thus you broke the rules. GTFO, no0b! :chair:

What are you, the keystone cop of the tooc thread? Are you going to threaten me with your flashlight? :saber:

Damn right she does! And didn't you comment on her yesterday too? :laugh:
:yes: That's why I said AGAIN. And I'll probably comment tomorrow :laugh:
What are you, the keystone cop of the tooc thread? Are you going to threaten me with your flashlight? :saber:
maul.gif