Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Was The Last CD You Bought?

GOSKINS_08

Bought these in a random bout of music spending a week or so ago.

theplanets.jpg

Holst - The Planets

yoyomabach.jpg

Yo - Yo Ma Plays Bach

metallicasm.jpg

Metallica - S&M DVD(not a huge fan of Metallica, but in this setting they aren't bad)

Next purchase will be the new Tool album. 5 years is long ass time to wait, but it'll be worth it.

Bought? God, can't remember. Probably Crimes by the Blood Brothers, or maybe Abbey Road by the Beatles.

The last CD I "obtained" is either Youth by Matisyahu, like MLSKINS, At War With the Mystics by the Flaming Lips (new album, coming out in April), or the new Streetlight Manifesto remake of Keasbey Nights.

I bought two old-school punk rock CDs on my most recent trip to the record store. Those two CDs were "Songs of Praise" by the Adicts and "All My Friends are Dead" by the Consumers.

I have already listened to both CDs from start to finish. The Consumers, an LA punk band from the late 70s, especially rocked with their great hardcore sound!

Rammstein- Reise Reise

I haven't bought a CD in over 9 years since most are absolute crap. I go to clubs and listen to the radio. Only quoted the above post becuase I really need to get a few Rammstein CD's. Great kick in the teeth music.

I haven't bought a CD in over 9 years since most are absolute crap. I go to clubs and listen to the radio. Only quoted the above post becuase I really need to get a few Rammstein CD's. Great kick in the teeth music.

Yeah Rammstein is great music to get pumped up to. Make sure you get Herzeleid, Sehnsucht, Live Aus Berlin and Mutter (my favorite). You can skip Reise Reise, its not as kick in the teeth as those but still decent but not the Rammstein sound I so love. I have still to get the newest one.

Dude...are you serious?? You prefer the radio over CDs?? Man...I'm not trying to be a dick, but you might be the only person on the planet who feels that way. :doh:

You know everything you hear on the radio is on a CD somewhere, right??

Bought? God, can't remember. Probably Crimes by the Blood Brothers, or maybe Abbey Road by the Beatles.

The last CD I "obtained" is either Youth by Matisyahu, like MLSKINS, At War With the Mystics by the Flaming Lips (new album, coming out in April), or the new Streetlight Manifesto remake of Keasbey Nights.

You know...I used to "obtain" CDs as well...but one day I realized that it is stealing. You might as well go to Tower and just shoplift them. CDs aren't that expensive, especially if you join a club like BMG.

You know...I used to "obtain" CDs as well...but one day I realized that it is stealing. You might as well go to Tower and just shoplift them. CDs aren't that expensive, especially if you join a club like BMG.

I've had situations where I burnt a CD, loved it, and bought it the same day. Approximately 3/4ths of the music I buy is music I already have a burnt copy of. So, in my case, the record companies are making out great due to my ability to download music.

The ridiculous thing with music is that you can't "legally" hear it before you buy it. I've had many examples of hearing a song and thinking, "that's awesome" only to download the rest of the album and think, "well, it was just that song, glad I didn't go buy it." To paraphrase an article I read, buying an album would be like going to buy a bicycle, and the salesman says, "Well, I can tell you it has two wheels and a handlebar. If you really pressed for information you could find out it had at least one pedal.

However, I do have a problem with the fact that apparently the person you responded to never buys music, and just obtains it. He gives all of us downloaders a bad name.

Archived