Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Free Agency delayed 3 days (MERGEDx3)

jbooma

Bingo

jeeezuz...i'm gonna be in "media blackout" starting about 90 minutes form now until 10 Pm PT :mad:

I'm gonna be wondering all the stuff I'm misssing till i get back, and there'll be a ton to catch up on...

the latets news sounds good...a "cooling off period" they're calling it...

The only thing that scares me is that the players are hard set on that 60%.

And the owners are set on 56%...geez everyone agree to 58% and call it a day.

Upshaw is such a jerk being set on 60%....if you need to know what he's like...I highly recomend Mark May's book..let me just say that he and Gene won't be exchanging Christmas Cards anytime soon.

And the owners are set on 56%...geez everyone agree to 58% and call it a day.

Upshaw is such a jerk being set on 60%....if you need to know what he's like...I highly recomend Mark May's book..let me just say that he and Gene won't be exchanging Christmas Cards anytime soon.

I think 58 is a good compromise, now the next questions is the revenue sharing part of it.

"I won't come down," said Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFL Players Association, who is asking for 60 percent of league revenue for players, four percentage points more than the owners are offering. "The players know that. Only the owners can make a proposal."

So basically, Gene will turn down any proposal by the owners under 60%. What if they propose 58%

I think 58 is a good compromise, now the next questions is the revenue sharing part of it.

If they can get to that point...I think the "group of 9" would be willing to strike a deal among themselves just for the sake of labor peace.

I mean would you want to be remembered as an owner who killed the deal...anyone can say what they want about Dan Snyder but the fact is he doesn't want the labor situation the way it is right now with a cap of 95million.

Question about players already cut:

Do you guys think most of the guys that were cut were going to be let go with or without a CBA extension? I mean the only real surprise to me was the Dolphins cutting almost their entire secondary. Also surprising to not see anything happen with the Raiders yet either since they are the most over the cap.

The higlight of this whole thing was Lenny P being on the radio saying everything was done, there was no chance there was going to be a delay, etc...

And then five minutes later, breaking news makes him look like even a bigger fool than usual.

"We've set a deadline..." "we're extending the deadline..." "we may have to cut...." "we won't cut.." "we have a deal" "We' don't have a deal." This is getting absurd.

All we need is someone to be a "mole" and we've got an entire season of "24"

Come on now, you know we love the drama. Like they say, there is no offseason for the NFL. :point2sky

jeeezuz...i'm gonna be in "media blackout" starting about 90 minutes form now until 10 Pm PT :mad:

I'm gonna be wondering all the stuff I'm misssing till i get back, and there'll be a ton to catch up on...

the latets news sounds good...a "cooling off period" they're calling it...

me too.

yeah right.

There will be no CBA agreement because players have already been cut and those players can't be "uncut".

I wished they'd stop dicking around and get to it.

Not true. Players cut today are uncut per Mort. There is also a thread on this if you are interested.

Archived