Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Lost On Now! 3-1-06

visionary

I liked this episode.

Eko totally knows the guy in the hatch is an other. Does anyone know if there's any ritual where cutting off a piece of your beard means something(I'm guessing sorrow)?

Even though, apparently, Aaron's sickness this episode wasn't the manifestation of it. I think he's "infected." I'm looking forward to that. I mean what's better than infected children? Maybe it will turn into all out zombie gore.:) I suppose I could be wrong about this, because the others were intending to keep the baby for themselves. And Alex obviously isn't infected.

I kind of wonder if the writers are improvising with Rousseau. Now it doesn't seem like she's as crazy as she was before, I wonder if this was always the intention, or if they just changed their perception. I'm ok with it either way, because they did it in a way that makes sense, but I would be more ok with it if I felt that was the intention all along.

I'm wondering about why the others would dress as "bums," myself. I can't imagine what purpose this serves. They don't seem to be frivilous folks though.

Lost is still the best show on television.

Let’s get right to it – here’s the recap of all clues/hints/connections/etc.:

- From Claire’s hatch in her flashbacks, when walking down the white-light medical looney-bin hall, on the side is a door, above the door it says “Escape Hatch” in red. Wonder where this leads to…

- In the baby’s room, there is a mobile above the crib with planes: During one of Claire’s flashbacks, it shows two of the mobile planes crashing into each other. Does this signify another plane crashing onto the island?

- The song played on the mobile is “Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket, save it for a rainy day.” In Season 1, when Claire is at the adoption agency, she asks the woman if she knows the song “Catch a Falling Star.” The woman says, “And put it in your pocket.” Claire asks the woman to sing the song to her baby after it’s born.

- The vaccine/medicine: The vaccine that Ethan injects into Claire’s baby, is the same vaccine that Desmond shoots into his arm. When looked at closely, the vaccine bottle has the hatch numbers on it!

- Claire’s flashbacks of the girl who helped her to escape are almost 99% confirmed that the girl is in fact Russo’s daughter Alex.

- Claire discovers her captivity hatch: On this new hatch the Dharma symbol is a Cadeuceus, a symbol used today in medicine. Please visit this link and read about the symbol: http://medspirit.net/logo/symbols/index.htm. Note this passage: Unfortunately, there is one final significance of the cadeuceus that should appeal to no one and is horrifying when connected to the medical profession, for it was the duty of Hermes, cadeuceus in hand, to lead the souls of the dead to the underworld. Second link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus. This symbol was not discussed on the radio, and is something I caught on my own – so I could be totally off the mark, but I thought it was interesting.

- In the hatch, which is now abandoned from when Claire was held captive there, as Claire goes back to the baby’s room, she is looking at the walk (which used to have things hanging on it for the baby). On the wall are the same hieroglyphics that Locke sees on the hatch number flippers when he almost runs out of time to hit the button!

- When Kate finds the box of theatrical makeup and costumes – “Zeke” without the beard is the man that asks Ethan, “What am I going to tell HIM?” in Claire’s flashback. So, when Kate finds the beard, skull cap, etc., we now learn that the Others are real people who actually live on the island, rather than some that have been stranded there themselves, which they pretend to be in front of the Flight 316 survivors.

- With Henry Gale held captive by Locke and Jack, we see that he is most likely NOT someone stranded on the island, and is deceptive, as he tries to instigate conflict between Locke and Jack, in his discussion with Locke in the last scene.

- And what was the whole deal with Echo – the one shot of him chopping down the marked tree again, and then confessing to Henry Gale???

- Locke gave Henry the book, The Brothers Karamazov, by Fyodor Dostevsky. Here’s a link for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brothers_Karamazov. Also, see overview below:

FROM THE PUBLISHER

The last and greatest of Dostoevsky’s novels, The Brothers Karamazov is a towering masterpiece of literature, philosophy, psychology, and religion. It tells the story of intellectual Ivan, sensual Dmitri, and idealistic Alyosha Karamazov, who collide in the wake of their despicable father’s brutal murder.

Into the framework of the story Dostoevsky poured all of his deepest concerns—the origin of evil, the nature of freedom, the craving for meaning and, most importantly, whether God exists. The novel is famous for three chapters that may be ranked among the greatest pages of Western literature. “Rebellion” and “The Grand Inquisitor” present what many have considered the strongest arguments ever formulated against the existence of God, while “The Devil” brilliantly portrays the banality of evil. Ultimately, Dostoevsky believes that Christ-like love prevails. But does he prove it?

A rich, moving exploration of the critical questions of human existence, The Brothers Karamazov powerfully challenges all readers to reevaluate the world and their place in it.

I liked this episode.

I thought Henry was going to crap his pants when Ecko walked in. I think I would of too. :D

I think Zeke is the guy that was talking to Ethan. Was it just me or wasn't the guy that was talking to Ethan, the CIA agent that got Sayid to torture his commanding officer? I might still have that episode. I'll have to check. I got kinda choked up when Claire was talking to Dannielle about Alex. I think Alex is with the "Others", but she is unwilling.

I think the next two weeks are repeats. :mad:

When they come back it looks like they're are going to look for Henry's balloon that he said he crashed on the Island with.

Hey you ethnocentric Americans.

It is not RUSO like some janitor, but Danielle Rousseau. As in:

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Philosopher 1712 - 1778

quoteslt.gifNever exceed your rights, and

they will soon become unlimited.quotesrt.gif

—Rousseau

as in John Locke- English Philosopher. Come on now! :cool:

Was it just me or wasn't the guy that was talking to Ethan, the CIA agent that got Sayid to torture his commanding officer? I might still have that episode. I'll have to check.

nice pull... without the beard, he did look familiar.

also, interesting thoughts on the hieroglyphics in RabidFan's post.

Hey you ethnocentric Americans.

It is not RUSO like some janitor, but Danielle Rousseau. As in:

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Philosopher 1712 - 1778

quoteslt.gifNever exceed your rights, and

they will soon become unlimited.quotesrt.gif

—Rousseau

as in John Locke- English Philosopher. Come on now! :cool:

Hey, its got nothing to do with ethnocentrism - i just can't spell worth a damn. :)

I'm wondering about why the others would dress as "bums," myself. I can't imagine what purpose this serves. They don't seem to be frivilous folks though.

My guess is if they maintain that appearance while trodding arround outside of the complexs, and someone excluded from their little club notices them their illusion is maintained to them.

Imagine say if when jack met zeke, zeke was clean shaven wearing a perfectly clean pressed suit. Jack would know zeke has his own complex, till claire found the medical hatch jack had know idea how the others lived and probably figured they lived like his survivors do. So their ruse would be to conceal that they have more than they do.

Was it just me or wasn't the guy that was talking to Ethan, the CIA agent that got Sayid to torture his commanding officer?

It was you. Actor M.C. Gainey plays Zeke. He's credited as "The Bearded Man" on his IMDB page, which can be found here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0301370/

The man who convinced Sayid to torture his CO was Clancy Brown (who played Brother Justin on the HBO show Carnivale'). He played Joe Inman on Lost, and his IMDB page is here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000317/

Good day.

not a bad episode. One thing is really bothering me; the series is getting too many viewers. The commercials are rediculous. Guess I need a tivo.

I hope the writers aren't trying to expand the series now that's its getting so popular. They can easily do that and while giving us some answers. Just conclude it; then crash another plane on the island. :silly: Then we can watch it unfold with more knowledge.

IMO I would say that the Dharma experiment is some sort of psychological experiment. Kinda a copout by the writers, but I don't really think there are horses, monsters, black smoke things, or any other crazy ass thing on the island. Would link the baby crib with the planes, the black horse, Huley's #'s, Echo's brother and the plane crash, etc. Would be a total copout though, hopefully they have something better in mind.

From the LOST Chat board:

hmmmm. . .

They could be monitoring them from another "station" ...remember, there are still 3 more stations we haven't seen yet. Perhaps the one with "the button" is a power station for the others on the island. If the button isn't pushed...all the power is out for the other bunkers. Also, remember what Walt's said in the jungle dripping wet to Shannon? (Played backwards: "don't push the button, the button's bad")

Isn't the button the thing they push every 180 minutes?

RE: Libby

There's also one other thing about Libby that was just a little out there. She mentioned Hurley squashing her foot while he was boarding the plane. If Libby was in the tail section, then how did Hurley step on her foot? This is something that seems to have been glossed over, but who knows when this will come back into play....

*Many people are saying that she is either an Other or that she was in the same psych ward as Hurley and is actually nuts; also - that she may have used the numbers herself.

*Someone else pointed out that there was a curly-haired blond lady on the boat that kidnapped Walt.. .

ALSO

People are all pointing out that it is a little too convenient that the only items left behind in that medical hatch were the fake beard and glue and clothes. Did the producers do that just to show us or is there a reason?

I hope the writers aren't trying to expand the series now that's its getting so popular.

I agree. I have this feeling we're going to be watching season 8 of Lost and still have no clue what the hell is going on.

Another thing i fear is that they already hinted at another baby. Jump the shark anyone? Plus, i think Aaron is going to be like 10 years old next year a la Family Ties.

im pretty sure that diary thing is libby writing... cause she is the only survivor who we dont know her last name, or much about her past.

regardless of if that's the case, i dont think henry is an other. he was only trying to do whatever he could to get out of there

but i have a theory, dont necessarily even believe in it myself, just thought of it real quick... henry was the guy who was supposed to replace desmond in the hatch ?? maybe who knows

i dont think libby was on the plane. that story where hurley stepped on her foot makes no sense. she was supposedly in the tail section of the plane, so why would hurley have to walk past her when he was boarding?

maybe using the bathroom. the black lady, rose?, her husband was in the tail section using the bathroom when the plane went down so maybe the rear bathrooms were closer to hulys seats than the front ones.

maybe using the bathroom. the black lady, rose?, her husband was in the tail section using the bathroom when the plane went down so maybe the rear bathrooms were closer to hulys seats than the front ones.

Does Pez know she was on the plane? :laugh:

Archived