Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

18 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

#Facts. I swear it's so pointless. I'm almost at the point where I'm like eff it and go to court and do it...

But so far, it's not that expensive. I doubt it'll go over $5000. And a good chunk of that will be my suit. It won't be flashy or nothing, I'm just going to need a lot of fabric lol

I've been married 19 years now.  I remember my wife planning the wedding like it was yesterday and it was stressful on her and me.  When she would want me to help and ask me what do I want for this or that, I'd tell her and she would always pick out what she wanted, which was fine with me.  But me being basically a kid (I was 22 years old, still in college), I would let her know it annoyed me to answer questions that she had already decided on and was a waste of time.  Don't do that :ols:  

Not that you are, but if you start getting annoyed, just suck it up.  Definitely don't do what I did when we went to pick out the silverware/plates/etc.  She asked me what designs I wanted, I'd pick one, then she would shoot it down.  So I got out of that real quick.  The next pattern was shown to us by the lady in the store (I think we registered at either a JC Penny's or Belk - at one of the malls) I said, I love it, lets go with that.  

My wife again shoots it down, that is when I said the following, "What in the **** does it matter what ****ing design is on the plate?  Damn things are going to be covered with food anyhow, so you won't be able to see the ****ing pattern anyhow."  The sales lady's jaw dropped as the F-bombs flowed.....my wife then gives me a mean look and tells me to leave the store.  So I went to a Frank N Stein's (think that was the name of the joint - sold hotdogs and beer) at the food court and ordered some beers and drank until she came and got me.  

Yeah, don't be that guy.........

But if she wants to have her wedding, let her, but if she wouldn't be opposed to saving the money and going to a judge, do it.  My MIL mentioned that she would rather give us $2000 each to not spend on a wedding and to put in the bank and get a judge.  I was 100% on board and my wife said no.  To this day, my wife said if she could do it over again, we would have taken the money and not had a wedding.

17 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

but if she wouldn't be opposed to saving the money and going to a judge, do it. 

13 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

See? Told ya...save the money.  Go on a cruise, have a good honeymoon. 

I know it's an important DAY...but you've got an important LIFE ahead. 

Preach!  :beavisnbutthead:

Our wedding cost $180.  Paid for the marriage license, and then found some rent-a-bamma on the interwebs to marry us.  We met at a local park next to my job so three of my coworkers could walk over to be our witnesses.  Wife and I were in jeans and t-shirts, took about 10 minutes.  :rofl89:

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Me, too.

And I'm the one person that this hasn't hit recently.  (My sis-in-law had so many pharms in her when pneumonia took her a couple years ago, I don't think they figured it out...I really don't.) 

She was 56...my dad didn't go until 86, of natural causes as a result of alzheimer's.  And a year before he passed, I swear I could've kept him focused on the game...we watched a Nats game, and he kept track of every Strasburg strikeout.

Get docs to stop just sayin' "yeah, I'll give ya that" as a handout to Big Pharma. 

I recently went off Lipitor and I now have more energy and stamina. It's amazing how much better I feel now. Still taking Plavix (prevents platelets from clumping together), Lisinopril (high blood pressure), and metformin (diabetes). Oh, and low dose aspirin. 

Lipitor is nasty.

Just now, youngchew said:

Our wedding cost $180.  Paid for the marriage license, and then found some rent-a-bamma on the interwebs to marry us.  We met at a local park next to my job so three of my coworkers could walk over to be our witnesses.  Wife and I were in jeans and t-shirts, took about 10 minutes.  :rofl89:

I called my mom & dad from right outside the courtroom..."Didn't wanna tell you till it was really gettin' done, but we're walkin' in to get married."~ Mom had advised us to do so because I can't collect his SS unless we've been married 10 years by law...and he wanted me taken care of...so we did it.  My best friend (hockey chick) met us there and was our witness.

Our judge was the coolest woman ever, and never stuttered a single word, was like she had even memorized when to look at us and smile.  (And she really got a kick out of our shirts, said "No idea who's represented here, now?")

6 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Chew walking to the park like 

Image result for d lo brown animated gif

What's everyone doing for the 4th?  I'm only off tomorrow, first time in 10-12 years that I'm not off extra days around the 4th making it a very long weekend, depending on what day it falls.  People requested the day before I could and they only allow a set # of employees off per day for PTO.  

Anyhow, Tazette is with my parent's all week so it's just me and the wife.  She worked from home today so we could go out to lunch.  Then we are going to Longhorn Steakhouse tonight for dinner.  Tomorrow, I'll fire up the grill most likely.  Probably keep it simple and do some brats and maybe some wings.  Wife mentioned doing some homemade fried chicken in her cast iron skillet too.  So many possibilities.  

13 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Chew walking to the park like 

You know it.  

Meanwhile, MLS is talking to the wedding planner like: "twenty five thousand!?  Dollars?  Just for the flowers?!"

9446d89b24cda2a4235cfbee70a0f6bc.jpg

I kid, MLS. ;) 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

You're over the edge. 

If she'll do it by court, by all means, save the money.  Yeah, you'd be giving people jobs, but trust me, they have plenty to do without you wasting money you may or may not have...and considering our collective worry about the political future of the nation, best to save some now. 

I know a couple that got all fancy disco'd up from the 70s, went before the judge, and like us, got a standing ovation.   Just do it.  Save the fancy money.  If you love each other, it's sooooooooooooo not necessary. 

Not saying that me and my family is rolling in dough, but 5K shouldn't *won't hurt me too much :ols:. And my sisters are paying for my honeymoon. Like I said, the biggest expense is going to be my suit. Everything else is cheap. Free venue, no flowers, free DJ, etc.... The only "stress" I foresee is hurt feelings from people that won't get the invite. But part of me is looking forward to crushing some feelings of some people.

Just now, CrypticVillain said:

Not saying that me and my family is rolling in dough, but 5K shouldn't hurt me too much. And my sisters are paying for my honeymoon. Like I said, the biggest expense is going to be my suit. Everything else is cheap. Free venue, no flowers, free DJ, etc.... The only "stress" I foresee is hurt feelings from people that won't get the invite. But part of me is looking forward to crushing some feelings of some people.

Hey, you do you.  I'm just happy that you're happy.  My very best to you both...but she better "Hail" at some point, or I'll be a little disappointed...LOL, just kidding...she knows what she's getting into.:hi:

10 minutes ago, youngchew said:

Meanwhile, MLS is talking to the wedding planner like: "twenty five thousand!?  Dollars?  Just for the flowers?!"

I kid, MLS. ;) 

Even if I had the bread, I just can't approve something that flashy. Plus, the best thing about my fiancee is that she's extremely frugal.

For example, she has found me four Size 17 pairs of Ralph Lauren Polo Shoes for almost half the price I paid for a pair of my last Jordans. That just makes me want to do things to her. lol

Just now, CrypticVillain said:

Even if I had the bread, I just can't approve something that flashy. Plus, the best thing about my fiancee is that she's extremely frugal.

You're a lucky man. 

I can always put more shampoo on my head, can't get it back into the bottle.  ;)  He used to whine & moan about my specs on such things.  Not anymore. 

10 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

For example, she has found me four Size 17 pairs of Ralph Lauren Polo Shoes for almost half the price I paid for a pair of my last Jordans. That just makes me want to do things to her. lol

My man.  Sounds like you got yourself a good one.  :)

Size 17?  Long toe ass.  

Archived