Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

See

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here

The same very people who trashed Stern in the other thread claim the NBA is so great in this one, come on. The NBA is an afterthought. I'm glad they're locking out for a season or more. Good riddance.

Same here. I won't miss the NBA one bit. I'll still have Nascar, MLB, NFL, college BB to focus on during the season. Screw those thugs.

Of course they'll fall in the polls, that's why they had to run up the score on Texas. I love how OU is always going for it on 4th down up a mile. Total lack of class.

OU can run up the score all they want, but we know LSU and Bama are better

Running up the score is just an excuse made by losing teams that can't stop a superior team from scoring.

We used it when we played New England in '07 because they were a superior team and we couldn't stop them. Hell, even I said it after the UNC-ECU game last week before stopping myself and realizing how dumb I sounded.

If you don't want them to score: stop them. If you can't, you deserve to lose by a million.

Running up the score is just an excuse made by losing teams that can't stop a superior team from scoring.

We used it when we played New England in '07 because they were a superior team and we couldn't stop them.

If you don't want them to score: stop them. If you can't, you deserve to lose by a million.

I halfway agree here. While it was obvious OU was running it up on Texas, I don't have that big a problem with it. Because it's the college game. And with their screwed up "playoffs", you sort of have to expect this stuff in order for your team to move up in the rankings.

But in the NFL, you shouldn't be doing it. It's bush league. There's nothing really to be gained from it. And it was classless of the Pats to do it to a hall of famer like Gibbs.

Of course they'll fall in the polls, that's why they had to run up the score on Texas. I love how OU is always going for it on 4th down up a mile. Total lack of class.

OU can run up the score all they want, but we know LSU and Bama are better

Hater alert. What did Oklahoma ever do to Virginia Tech? :rotflmao:

I think ix is forgetting that last season's regular season + playoffs were one of the best ever in the NBA.
That's not saying much. The NBA pales in comparison to the NFL and MLB.

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 04:16 PM ----------

Hater alert. What did Oklahoma ever do to Virginia Tech? :rotflmao:
LSU and Alabama are both better. C'mon. The SEC clearly plays the best football. Wake up.

Running it up on Texas? Did you even watch the damn game?

They had 3 TDs in the second half, two were defensive. They also had a 64 yard touchdown run.

That's hardly running up the score.

Know what actually happened before making stupid comments.

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 03:17 PM ----------

LSU and Alabama are both better. C'mon. The SEC clearly plays the best football. Wake up.

And you've watched every Oklahoma game this year?

They had 3 TDs in the second half, two were defensive. They also had a 64 yard touchdown run.

I actually didn't watch one play of the game.:) Was going on ix's commentary there. However, my point still stands.

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 04:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 03:17 PM ----------

And you've watched every Oklahoma game this year?

No, I haven't. But I don't need to. I've watched most of LSU and Alabama's games. Plus I know the SEC usually ends up with the national champ each year. How hard is it to figure? At any rate, I don't care that much about CFB, anyway. And I never will until they get a "true" playoff system. This BCS stuff is a complete joke.

I actually didn't watch one play of the game.:) Was going on ix's commentary there. However, my point still stands.

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 04:20 PM ----------

No, I haven't. But I don't need to. I've watched most of LSU and Alabama's games. Plus I know the SEC usually ends up with the national champ each year. How hard is it to figure? At any rate, I don't care that much about CFB, anyway. And I never will until they get a "true" playoff system. This BCS stuff is a complete joke.

Don't go off of his commentary. He hates Oklahoma. You actually expect him to say something positive about them?

And I'll agree about the BCS.

I like twizzlers.

I don't like basketball, so I really don't care if the league folds or whatever.

I went on a hayride this morning.

the best watch I ever had was a $3 watch I got at a yard sale. I put a $12 band on it, and actually received many compliments. And yes, it kept good time.

Oklahoma State is up 35-7 after the first quarter. I presume any scoring in the 2nd quarter would be considered running the score up. :rotflmao:

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 03:26 PM ----------

Explain why you go for it on 4th down up 30.

Too long for a field goal and too short to punt. If you're going to miss the field goal, you'll lose 7 yards of field position. If you punt, you maybe gain 15 yards.

It's really that simple.

You're being petty.

I halfway agree here. While it was obvious OU was running it up on Texas, I don't have that big a problem with it. Because it's the college game. And with their screwed up "playoffs", you sort of have to expect this stuff in order for your team to move up in the rankings.

But in the NFL, you shouldn't be doing it. It's bush league. There's nothing really to be gained from it. And it was classless of the Pats to do it to a hall of famer like Gibbs.

We'll have to agree to halfway disagree here, BubbleScreen. Whether its little league baseball or NFL football, a team should go all out until the last play. That was a lesson I learned as a kid when I played sports. When we were winning, we kept at it full steam ahead. When we were getting shellacked, it sucked, but my coaches always used it as a learning tool instead of whining about how the other team "ran up the score."

If I had to deal with it as a 10 year old boy, I have to think 25 year old men in the NFL can handle it.

Oklahoma State is up 35-7 after the first quarter. I presume any scoring in the 2nd quarter would be considered running the score up. :rotflmao:

---------- Post added October-8th-2011 at 03:26 PM ----------

Too long for a field goal and too short to punt. If you're going to miss the field goal, you'll lose 7 yards of field position. If you punt, you maybe gain 15 yards.

It's really that simple.

You're being petty.

Yeah, but no one else would go for it on 4th down other than Belichick

Just punt the ball

So just because you think so few would go for it, it's wrong?

That's what DEFENSES are for. Ya know, to stop the opposing offenses.

Quit whining.

Listen son

I'm an expert head coach and I'd punt it in that situation

No point rubbing it in for style points, smh

Archived