Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

We blew the Dallas game, which was a great opportunity lost.

We have another great opportunity this week, and we can't blow it. Off of the bye week, division opponent, on the ropes, at home, with another loss, they will be finished, in October, with all the preseason BS and player signings.

I was subdued for about 30 minutes after the MNF loss. If we lose next Sunday, it's going to be tough not to be pissed off for that entire week, and then some. Payback is a *****.

<@ixcuincle> hahahaha

<@ixcuincle> seriously

<@ixcuincle> this guy on red zone never takes a break

<@ixcuincle> like 7 or 8 straight hours of broadcasting

<@ixcuincle> what a job

<@ixcuincle> my dream job

<@ixcuincle> lol

seriously no one cares about your chat logs

<@ixcuincle> hahahaha

<@ixcuincle> seriously

<@ixcuincle> this guy on red zone never takes a break

<@ixcuincle> like 7 or 8 straight hours of broadcasting

<@ixcuincle> what a job

<@ixcuincle> my dream job

<@ixcuincle> lol

do you make it a habit to chat with yourself on the computer?

Recently I've been eating a lot of homemade Indian food, made with Seitan (a vegetarian meat substitute), peas, and broccoli cooked in Patak's mild curry sauce and layered over (usually basmati) rice.

pataksmildcurrypaste.jpg

It's addictively good stuff (and part of the diet which is keeping off the post-broken jaw weight)!

---------- Post added October-9th-2011 at 04:43 PM ----------

Have any good recipes? I've been wanting to make some red beans and rice, but I can't decide what spices or sauce I should use. :-/

if you want red beans and rice, this is the best indian food. look up rajma.

do you make it a habit to chat with yourself on the computer?

Meh, other people made comments

We are talking about the Jets game now

---------- Post added October-9th-2011 at 05:38 PM ----------

yes he does

I can't believe Tom Brady got picked in the red zone for the first time in his career at home

That's incredible

What's incredible is that every year the Patriots have a bagillion 1st round picks, and every year, they never use them, as if they're too good for it. Then they cut guys like Richard Seymour, who was arguably the best player on their entire defense, then cut Meriweather/Ty Warren two years later. They also bombed on Adalius Thomas. They have no deep threat at receiver, they struggle to rush he passer, and the D isn't that good overall, yet they get a pass because of the Bellichick mystique. I have picked them to go to the Super Bowl two years in a row, so it's time to put up or shut up.

They fail to make the postseason in '08, they get housed at Foxborough in '09 by B-more, then they get upset by the Jets last year. Theres no reason why your only real threat at WR is Wes Welker, and you go into the offseason another year and fail/outright refuse to address it. You could've had Randy Moss for peanuts, but since you're the Patriots, you decide you don't want that headache, but then you completely contradict yourselves as an organization and bring in a guy like Haynesworth. Wtf

A lot of questionable decisions have been made in NE these past couple years.

http://twitter.com/TheLewisBlack/statuses/123159928079794177

Redskins have a bye week. Its like a vacation for me. I don't have to watch rex Grossman. It can be painful.

Loving this bye week. Sure, there's no Redskins football, but it gives me time to recharge my batteries and sit back and watch Red Zone at 1 PM and not stress myself out about the Redskins D lol

I'm amazed that the Colts are literally a one-man team. I mean sure, I know they'd take a beating; anyone used to Peyton under center would. But the CHIEFS at HOME?!?! Seriously???

They may not win a game.

Which sucks major balls for the rest of the league.

I'm amazed that the Colts are literally a one-man team. I mean sure, I know they'd take a beating; anyone used to Peyton under center would. But the CHIEFS at HOME?!?! Seriously???

They may not win a game.

Which sucks major balls for the rest of the league.

The front office reaps what they sow. Polian is this supposed genius, yet for the last 4 years, they have declined every year, but lucky for them, Peyton Manning has just gotten better and better. For years they have had no depth anywhere (which is THE reason why they have sucked in the preseason, not because they "don't play to win"), and they have had a porous o-line for years. Minus the postseason in '06, and '05 when they rented Corey Simon, they have constantly shown an inability to stop the run. They have had inconsistent RB play, they have had ****ty corners, etc. That all got masked with 18. I had been saying it for years that the moment he goes down, or retires, they were a 3-13 team.

Surprisingly, Polian never got the memo.

Archived