Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

So there I am,( :silly: ),just about at the trailhead after today's hike. Few hundred yards max. Walking up in to a shady spot of pines and aspen when there is suddenly a huge crashing about 15 feet to my front left. I look up expecting to see a startled deer and instead am greeted with the sight of a bull moose doing a quick two step away from me. Managed to get a couple of pictures while my heart was still beating a few hundred beats a minute. Pretty cool and pretty glad it's mid summer instead of Fall. :)

Vince Young is not a Redskin. I can't tell you how excited I am about that. Wooo!

You're not alone.

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 01:05 AM ----------

Just b/c YOU think he's overrated doesn't change the fact that he has been the most consistent player on the d-line for 6 or 7 years now. maybe he doesn't get 10+ sacks, but he always played his gap according to the scheme and he batted down a hell of a lot of passes. he may have never been our best lineman, but he was certainly always far from the worst. you're dismissal of him as "not very good" is just wrong. no one said he was an all pro, but the things he did do let him last as long on the skins as he did.

also, who are these "locker room leaders" you speak of? ok there is London Fletcher. Secondary? not really. D-line? well we just cut him. O-line? just cut him too. TE's? maybe Cooley? WR's? possibly Moss. RBs? lol. QBs? lol x2.

a lot of our vets like Moss and Cooley have never been known to be fiery and passionate in the locker room and I've never seen any evidence where they take on any leadership besides their own position.

I was mainly speaking of Fletcher.

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 01:08 AM ----------

IONTOP cracked me up on FB.

He said: "I wish the Panthers would have offered Cam Newton 4 yrs, $280,000 as their first offer." :ols:

Cam Newton is getting 28 million less than Sam Bradford got last year...:ols:

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 01:19 AM ----------

I'm not gonna lie...If Casey takes Hustler up on their offer, I might sneak a peek.

This girl is ****ing crazy!

A friend of mine told me that she has a huge crush on me...whatever, cool. I told her that she's the type of girl I would've been after a few years ago, but I've changed. We have a new hire at work that I'm going crazy over - naturally I post things on Twitter and Tumblr about her. My friend removes me from both of her "follows". After a few days she posts that she'll "give it all another shot" and adds me back. ****ing crazy :ols:

The NFC East this year will be a repeat of '04, meaning that the Eagles are just going to beat the hell out of all of us and most likely go undefeated in the division, while NY/DAL/WAS all hover around .500 or worse. Rodgers-Cromartie, Samuel, Asomugha, son of a *****. If the Eagles get a better pass rush this year, their D is going to be very, very tough.

Still gotta go with the Pack to win the NFC though, but on a whim.

Oh, and **** Mike Shanahan for not trading Haynesworth when he should have. The Patriots basically got him for nothing. Well done, Mike. :applause:

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 08:46 AM ----------

GO LIONS!! :wavetowel

They might actually end up with a better record than Dallas this year, provided that your boy can manage to put together a 16 game season. If someone told me that 2-3 years ago, I would've slapped the hell out of them

:ols:

The NFC East this year will be a repeat of '04, meaning that the Eagles are just going to beat the hell out of all of us and most likely go undefeated in the division, while NY/DAL/WAS all hover around .500 or worse. Rodgers-Cromartie, Samuel, Asomugha, son of a *****. If the Eagles get a better pass rush this year, their D is going to be very, very tough.

Still gotta go with the Pack to win the NFC though, but on a whim.

Oh, and **** Mike Shanahan for not trading Haynesworth when he should have. The Patriots basically got him for nothing. Well done, Mike. :applause:

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 08:46 AM ----------

They might actually end up with a better record than Dallas this year, provided that your boy can manage to put together a 16 game season. If someone told me that 2-3 years ago, I would've slapped the hell out of them

Asante Samuel might get shipped out though. So they wouldn't be quite as good as everyone thinks. But yeah, I pretty much agree with the rest.

And you're right about the Lions, too. If Stafford can stay healthy, that team could surprise. And I could see the Packers winning it again. But don't sleep on the Falcons.

Asante Samuel might get shipped out though. So they wouldn't be quite as good as everyone thinks. But yeah, I pretty much agree with the rest.

And you're right about the Lions, too. If Stafford can stay healthy, that team could surprise. And I could see the Packers winning it again. But don't sleep on the Falcons.

Yeah, I just thought about that right after I posted it. Theres no way that any of them would be willing to take less snaps, which increases the possibility that Samuel is traded. And they will be better in a way, because Rodgers Cromartie and Asomugha play a lot more physical style that is better suited for that defense than Asante Samuel, who is more finesse, doesn't tackle as well as the other two, plays off, and is a lot more prone to taking chances and jumping routes, which has gotten him into trouble a few times since he's been with the Eagles.

As for the Falcons, their D isn't good enough to win against teams like Philly and GB, or even New Orleans ( if their D is improved), whose running game will be worlds better with Ingram and Sproles, and Thomas, and I don't think they (Atlanta) can beat any of those teams in a shootout. If I remember correctly, the Saints almost beat them in the Georgia Dome late last year, but they had a few turnovers which cost them the game. They got Ray Edwards, sure, but I still don' think that is enough to make their D a lot better, and to be honest, it could be their scheme also, because they don't blitz, at all, they're super passive, and that line isn't good enough to get it done all on their own, especially aginst those teams I just mentioned.

I accidentally clicked on The Stadium. I couldn't hit the back button fast enough and now my IQ has dropped 20 points and i'm partially blinded.

I'm chilling in there today, so I'm just going to have fun with it. The **** won't hit the fan until they realize that we are going to suck badly, which probably won't be for another few weeks. I'm recovering from a hangover anyway, so I'm not going to be doing anything today. My ankle hurts too, which means that I probably fell and twisted it sometime late last night.

Yeah, I just thought about that right after I posted it. Theres no way that any of them would be willing to take less snaps, which increases the possibility that Samuel is traded. And they will be better in a way, because Rodgers Cromartie and Asomugha play a lot more physical style that is better suited for that defense than Asante Samuel, who is more finesse, doesn't tackle as well as the other two, plays off, and is a lot more prone to taking chances and jumping routes, which has gotten him into trouble a few times since he's been with the Eagles.

As for the Falcons, their D isn't good enough to win against teams like Philly and GB, or even New Orleans ( if their D is improved), whose running game will be worlds better with Ingram and Sproles, and Thomas, and I don't think they (Atlanta) can beat any of those teams in a shootout. If I remember correctly, the Saints almost beat them in the Georgia Dome late last year, but they had a few turnovers which cost them the game. They got Ray Edwards, sure, but I still don' think that is enough to make their D a lot better, and to be honest, it could be their scheme also, because they don't blitz, at all, they're super passive, and that line isn't good enough to get it done all on their own, especially aginst those teams I just mentioned.

Yeah, the Falcons' D is definitely the weak link. However, it does appear that they improved over the offseason. And don't forget, they defeated the Packers 20-17 in the two teams' first meeting earlier in the year. Then they got manhandled in the playoffs by them. Edwards should help take some pressure off their secondary. The Falcons went hard after Charles Johnson. And they likely would have gotten him, had the Panthers not backed up the Brinks truck to retain him. He could have REALLY helped that team.

I accidentally clicked on The Stadium. I couldn't hit the back button fast enough and now my IQ has dropped 20 points and i'm partially blinded.

Dude, i just laughed out loud. i swear I was about to make a similar comment.

I haven't been in the stadium in MONTHS, but with everything starting up, I've been clicking around in there this past week. As usual, a bunch of folks writing short essays about how the person above them is wrong. No thanks. i'll wait til the season starts before going in the stadium so folks actually have something worth talking about and not just egos and opinions going back and forth :ols:

Yeah, the Falcons' D is definitely the weak link. However, it does appear that they improved over the offseason. And don't forget, they defeated the Packers 20-17 in the two teams' first meeting earlier in the year. Then they got manhandled in the playoffs by them. Edwards should help take some pressure off their secondary. The Falcons went hard after Charles Johnson. And they likely would have gotten him, had the Panthers not backed up the Brinks truck to retain him. He could have REALLY helped that team.

Yeah, but like I said, they'll be good, just not Super Bowl good, which is what they have to be to beat the better offensive teams in the NFC. You can't just not blitz teams like NO, GB, and Philly, they'll kill you, and if you blitz, they'll probably kill you anyways, but you at least give yourselves a chance, but when you look at it, Atlanta's LB corps isn't that good either, any way you want to look at it, come playoff time, they're screwed.

I also think that due to the Eagles power moves as of late, people are really going to underestimate NO this year,which would be a huge mistake. I think the NFC South title chase is going to be a lot tougher for ATL this year. Think about it: Drew Bree's/Sean Payton's mind for the passing game, and the trio of Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, and Mark Ingram. Damn

---------- Post added July-30th-2011 at 12:24 PM ----------

Dude, i just laughed out loud. i swear I was about to make a similar comment.

I haven't been in the stadium in MONTHS, but with everything starting up, I've been clicking around in there this past week. As usual, a bunch of folks writing short essays about how the person above them is wrong. No thanks. i'll wait til the season starts before going in the stadium so folks actually have something worth talking about and not just egos and opinions going back and forth :ols:

Wait till week 1, we are going to get our asses kicked, bad. It's going to get ugly, quickly, which is why I'm getting in all of my Stadium posts for 2011 while I can still maintain a reasonable level of sanity :ols:

I come away from the Tailgate like that on a daily basis. Fortunately the condition is temporary. ;)

Might? They will!

tsb3.jpg

And you're right about the Lions, too. If Stafford can stay healthy, that team could surprise. And I could see the Packers winning it again.

Wouldn't be a surprise to me. ;)

Might? They will!

SUPER CHAMPION DETROIT LIONS, *Clappity Clappity*!!!

Look at you, a fan of one of the proudest franchises in all of professional sports, now semi-switching your allegiance from the boys in Big D to the boys in The D. You ought to be ashamed. :pfft:

Heres to your once beloved Dallas Cowboys sharing a futon with us in the cellar this year! :cheers:

Look at you, a fan of one of the proudest franchises in all of professional sports, now semi-switching your allegiance from the boys in Big D to the boys in The D. You ought to be ashamed. :pfft:

Heres to your once beloved Dallas Cowboys sharing a futon with us in the cellar this year! :cheers:

My only beloved team is the Mavs. :D

Cowboys and Skins shared the cellar last season. Funny how the Cowboys were technically #3 and the Skins #4, yet the Cowboys got the higher draft pick. :pfft:

My only beloved team is the Mavs. :D

Yeah that's right , I forgot, if the Mavs won a championship, you would pretty much stop caring about the Cowboys for the forseeable future.

I'm still a little salty about that, but odds are that the Heat will be there again, and hopefully Lebron won't go into witness protection for a second time.

Yeah that's right , I forgot, if the Mavs won a championship, you would pretty much stop caring about the Cowboys for the forseeable future.

I'm still a little salty about that, but odds are that the Heat will be there again, and hopefully Lebron won't go into witness protection for a second time.

I think "not caring" might be a little much. More like "content with whatever happens." I'll still attend probably two Cowboy games this year and watch all the rest. But unlike past years where it took me a few days to get over a loss, it will take me maybe 10 minutes to get over a loss. I'll be relaxed when I watch games. When I heard on the radio that the Eagles signed Nnamdi, I was like "meh." Oddly enough, the news was broken over the sports talk station I was listening to on my way home from work...while they were interviewing Jerry Jones. So that was awkward. If it were last year, I'd be crushed by Nnamdi going to Philly. Now if the Eagles won the SB this year, I couldn't care less.

As for the HEAT, yeah I expect them to be back to at least the ECF next season, whenever that happens. I won't worry about the Heat anymore now that the Mavs broke through. Man, I wish the NBA can at least have a half season. :(

Archived