Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

<ixcuincle> the kind people in the other chat are trying to explain arbitration to me

<ixcuincle> i couldn't be more clueless

Plaschke> in 2013

<Plaschke> i'm so confused

<Plaschke> what happens in 2013

<Plaschke> with buster posey

<XtremeDave> he becomes arbitration eligible

<Plaschke> which means?

<XtremeDave> and the giants have to pay him

<Plaschke> he gets less money

<XtremeDave> no dumb****

<Plaschke> than if he is called up in mid june

<Plaschke> for mysterious reasons

<Plaschke> THIS MAKES NO SENSE

=-= YOU are now known as ixcuincle

<Lundqvist_Vezina> it takes a year longer for him to become arbitration eligable

<XtremeDave> dont you understand how contracts work?

<ixcuincle> no

<ixcuincle> dude i ignore that ****

And now what gets REALLY confusing is with rookies like Strasburg and Posey being called up in mid-June, and Heyward making the team at the beginning of the season, what is Heyward's arbitration situation...will he even have an arbitration...

I ****ing HATE the business aspect of sports. This arbitration **** is the worst. It isn't as bad in the NFL. In the NFL you are simply given a 3 year , 5 year contract, and you go out there and play. It isn't as complicated as MLB. You don't have to have a meeting after 3 years.

Seeing that every time I wake up in the morning would make me go insane. I don't know how YOU do it.
:ols: It's in my apartment, but not the first thing I see when I wake up. That's what THIS poster is for :drooley:

Sin%20City%20poster%202.JPG

I didn't want to go in and crap on Hubbs' thread, but I really hate "mash-ups."

The only time they're good is when artists sit down with each other and collaborate their songs into new remixes. Most of them just come from random DJs figuring out what songs contain the same measure as other songs and quickly throw them together to play over weekend power hour mixes. And they're just terrible as a result.

:ols: It's in my apartment, but not the first thing I see when I wake up. That's what THIS poster is for :drooley:

(Alba poster)

I had that EXACT poster, six feet long, on the front of my dorm room door sophomore year.

It was very popular. :cool:

I didn't want to go in and crap on Hubbs' thread, but I really hate "mash-ups."

The only time they're good is when artists sit down with each other and collaborate their songs into new remixes. Most of them just come from random DJs figuring out what songs contain the same measure as other songs and quickly throw them together to play over weekend power hour mixes. And they're just terrible as a result.

:ols: I appreciate the non-crapping.

And I actually agree with you about the vast majority of mashups. About 75% of them are just terrible. That's why I meant sure to title the thread "Good Mashups." The bad ones are really bad, but, at the same time, the good ones are really good. I absolutely love the Skynyrd/Nelly one I posted. Probably my favorite mashup ever.

I had that EXACT poster, six feet long, on the front of my dorm room door sophomore year.

It was very popular. :cool:

I had that same Jessica Alba poster on my dorm room wall freshman year.

I think it was a pretty common college dorm/apartment poster.

The best was when this girl who was dating a guy in my fraternity became some regional marketing coordinator for Victoria's Secret, and she got us these slightly larger than life-size cut outs of the Victoria's Secret Angels.

It was like having Marissa Miller and Alessandra Ambrosio Fatheads for our game/TV room. Now those were popular.

:ols: I appreciate the non-crapping.

And I actually agree with you about the vast majority of mashups. About 75% of them are just terrible. That's why I meant sure to title the thread "Good Mashups." The bad ones are really bad, but, at the same time, the good ones are really good. I absolutely love the Skynyrd/Nelly one I posted. Probably my favorite mashup ever.

I'm indifferent to the Skynyrd/Nelly one, but I know a lot of people like it.

Easily my least favorite mash-up ever is the Green Day/Oasis one, but then SHF went and posted it along with his pretty serious emotional story that connects to it, so now I really have to keep my mouth shut in that thread.

Besides my general distaste for the mash-ups and the artistic laziness involved in them, I'm also partially bitter because a couple years ago, one of my absolute favorite bars in Tallahassee switched up their Friday nights (the best night to go to this bar) to this "Mashed Up Power Hour" theme and that's all the place plays until about 1 AM.

The DJ there basically just puts on an entire Girl Talk playlist and that's it. Drove me completely crazy.

Nothing interesting tonight

Every TV show already had their finale, no NHL, no NBA, so the only sporting event today is some game between Minnesota and Texas in MLB

Boring

This is one of my favorite days... Indy 500 followed by the Coke 600 (Only NASCAR race I've been to)....

I have this poster in my room...don't know HOW Escher did it.

Actually if you see the real piece, it is all in one straight line. And it is much longer than that poster probably has it. I want to say around 10 yards (some of it is missing from the poster).

I will post a link to this pic because it is too big to post.

I saw it at an exibit in DC about 10 years ago.

http://britton.disted.camosun.bc.ca/metamorphoseIII.jpg

so i went to Lost Dog cafe today and noticed they had a crazy amount of beers from all over the world, so I got an assortment.

well, most of the beers were in the price range of $5-$7 each, so I was expecting to pay alot for a couple custom 6-packs. I go to checkout and hand the dude my 6-packs and he picks one of the bottles up and reads the price on it -$2.50...so he rings up 12 beers @ 2.50 each...i didnt realize how much of a difference there was until I got home and looked at the stickers closer - that kid deserves a beer :ols:

so i went to Lost Dog cafe today and noticed they had a crazy amount of beers from all over the world, so I got an assortment.

well, most of the beers were in the price range of $5-$7 each, so I was expecting to pay alot for a couple custom 6-packs. I go to checkout and hand the dude my 6-packs and he picks one of the bottles up and reads the price on it -$2.50...so he rings up 12 beers @ 2.50 each...i didnt realize how much of a difference there was until I got home and looked at the stickers closer - that kid deserves a beer :ols:

He might have had a few already

:evilg:

Well, there's NASCAR :yawnee:

EDIT: I'm SO bored I think I'll :snore: now.

:mad:

This is one of my favorite days... Indy 500 followed by the Coke 600 (Only NASCAR race I've been to)....

I'm a huge racing fan. Well, Nascar, anyway. Used to be a big Indy 500 back in the day. But the last 10 years or so I've rarely watched any of it. Just not what it used to be.

Archived