Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has more faith, Christians or Muslims?

webnarc

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Here's a different take on this question:

I am only going to compare the fanatics of both religions as a whole since it is impossible to say that this particular Muslim has more faith than this particular Christian.

I would propose that fanatical Christians have more "faith" than fanatical Muslims because they don't feel as though they have to go out and take matters into their own hands. A suicide bomber isn't showing much faith in Allah if he's doing Allah's "work" for him is he?

And you have some proof to this, "Um, a greater percentage" claim, right? Yeah, I didn't think so. You're completely missing the point of this thread anyway if you're searching for statistics.

Liberty, you have no clue what you're talking about, but if you want to continue making idiotic posts and pretend they're legitimate, be my guest.

Consider your goat, gotten.

Let's keep this light and on topic (be it beer or religion).

Thanks.

And for the record, for some inexplicable reason, I love Old Milwaukee light in a bottle, but NOT in a can. I don't understand it either.

Probably due to the tin taste you get from the cans. You gotta try the old Milwaukee Ice.

I said that the muslims have more faith, unfortunately. As a whole there are too many Christians that don't have an active faith, but more like "yeah, God is there, somewhere" Not how it should be but it is.

You're saying "Muslims have more faith" when you really mean, "Muslims have more faithful." Regardless, they're both arbitrary generalizations that don't apply here. Greater numbers don't indicate greater faith. There are as many lackadaisical Muslims as there are Christians. You wouldn't think that by watching CNN and the rioting extremists. Christians are just as angry about crucifixes floating in urine to be considered art, they just don't go rioting and killing people to make their point. But the faith, from the metrics perspective, is equal.

I don't think you can measure faith. Islam clearly is not a religion for the lazy, with praying 5 times a day, fasting for a month each year, having to make it to Mecca etc.

But from my expierence with the Catholic faith (I went to Catholic school in 7th and 8th grade) there is an incredible amount of faith in their beliefs. I think the idea that Jesus is also God makes no sense whatsoever, but in order to truly believe that, you must have an incredible amount of faith in what you believe in

So, my politically correct answer is neither ;)

You have lazy Muslims and devout Muslims and lazy Christians and devout Christians

I think he means which faith practices the religion more as a WHOLE.

not individual Christians. But there is NO doubt that the Muslim world as an entity is expanding, while the Christian community is withering. Check out the secularism in Europe, which used to be one of the foundations of the religion.

one of the most popular baby names in England is now "Mohammed"...

Passage Romans 12: (KIng James Version)

(Paul wrote)

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

In Romans 12:3 Paul was speaking to the "brethren" (fellow belivers,see Rom 12:1) and in Rom 12:3 hes says "God hath dealt to every man (fellow believers) "the measure of faith." When stating God has dealt (given) everyman (fellow believers) "THE MEASURE OF FAITH" it would imply there is no larger measure of faith the "brethren" could obtain God has given them "the measure"..not a measure of faith but the measure of faith. So if you are a Christian you must believe you have all the faith your going to get, its just your choice to use it or not, because "Faith without works is dead" so technically Christians have more faith, but many probably choose not to use it.

The Muslim belief system is not based on faith it is based on law. So if it appears Muslims have more "faith" its probably because they are doing more "works" but those works are based on law not faith.

Either way this thread will be a train wreck....

"I was just thinking about it, and we say that christians don't kill over things....didn't a few christians kill a doctor for performing abortions. Things like that are ok to kill over, but mock Jesus...eh that's alright."

Yea there are "extremists" in every religion, they must have missed the whole "Love" message in the Bible, now when going to war and in other situations God has been know to be ok with it, but its always been in context of the situation and not an overall hatetred or random act of uncalled for violence.

You're saying "Muslims have more faith" when you really mean, "Muslims have more faithful." Regardless, they're both arbitrary generalizations that don't apply here. Greater numbers don't indicate greater faith. There are as many lackadaisical Muslims as there are Christians. You wouldn't think that by watching CNN and the rioting extremists. Christians are just as angry about crucifixes floating in urine to be considered art, they just don't go rioting and killing people to make their point. But the faith, from the metrics perspective, is equal.

I have worked with many Christians and many Muslims (most of which are from Pakistan). I have found, in general, the Muslims live there faith more, which I find very disturbing that my fellow Christian bretheren are not showing Christ as they should.

I have worked with many Christians and many Muslims (most of which are from Pakistan). I have found, in general, the Muslims live there faith more, which I find very disturbing that my fellow Christian bretheren are not showing Christ as they should.

Which once again states that Muslims have more faithful, not more faith. This argument is going nowhere.

Let me pose this question:

If you have a very devout Christian who leads his/her life exactly how Christ wanted it and a very devout Muslim who leads his/her life exactly how Muhammad wanted it, who has more faith?

Exactly.

This is more a question of the individual. I know "Muslims" that swear and drink all day long. I know some that are very devout. I know lots of Christians who sleep around and lie and cheat. I know others that are also very devout and people just stop them and ask what is different about them.

All depends on how comitted they are to their faith

Archived