Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say a Muslim Takes a Picture of Christ on defames it! What would you do?

88Comrade2000

I don't think this would ever happen. Here is an intersting read about the differences between Christ and Muhammad in regards to Christian and Muslim faith.

Being Mocked: The Essence of Christ's Work, not Muhammads

insert:

If Christ had not been insulted, there would be no salvation. This was his saving work: to be insulted and die to rescue sinners from the wrath of God. Already in the Psalms the path of mockery was promised: “All who see me mock me; they make mouths at me; they wag their heads” (Psalm 22:7). “He was despised and rejected by men . . . as one from whom men hide their faces . . . and we esteemed him not” (Isaiah 53:3).

When it actually happened it was worse than expected. “They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and twisting together a crown of thorns, they put it on his head. . . . And kneeling before him, they mocked him, saying, ‘Hail, King of the Jews!’ And they spit on him” (Matthew 27:28-30). His response to all this was patient endurance. This was the work he came to do. “Like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth” (Isaiah 53:7).

This was not true of Muhammad. And Muslims do not believe it is true of Jesus. Most Muslims have been taught that Jesus was not crucified. One Sunni Muslim writes, “Muslims believe that Allah saved the Messiah from the ignominy of crucifixion.”1 Another adds, “We honor [Jesus] more than you [Christians] do. . . . We refuse to believe that God would permit him to suffer death on the cross.”2 An essential Muslim impulse is to avoid the “ignominy” of the cross.

Footnotes

1 Badru D. Kateregga and David W. Shenk, Islam and Christianity: A Muslim and a Christian in Dialogue (Nairobi: Usima Press, 1980), p. 141.

2 Quoted from The Muslim World in J. Dudley Woodberry, editor, Muslims and Christians on the Emmaus Road (Monrovia, CA: MARC, 1989), p. 164.

Wikipedia also has quite a few educational links on the subject. However, when dealing with issues such as the cartoons since they appear to be following the the Hadiths, we are either confronted with fundamentalists or hypocrites.

Another interesting read to tell the difference:

Are Pictures of Muhammad Really Forbidden in Islam?

And to think, I'm going to hell anyways because I'm not religious. Maybe I'll get brownie points for trying to learn about a religion before condemning it. :notworthy

I take a different approach, If they did this I will seduce one of there hareem and impregnate her with an infidel. To further the insult it will rise up to give women rights, and convince young muslims that killing themselves to kill people unlike them is wrong. My seed is strong like crack.

A few years ago a group of Mohammed terrorists attacked and occupied the shrine in Bethlehem, The Christians, Catholics, and the Israelis did not riot, kill, and act like a bunch of uncivilized savages. The Israelis eventually removed the scum and we all moved on. This islam crap is not a religion it is a cult a violent dangerouis cult.

A few years ago a group of Mohammed terrorists attacked and occupied the shrine in Bethlehem, The Christians, Catholics, and the Israelis did not riot, kill, and act like a bunch of uncivilized savages. The Israelis eventually removed the scum and we all moved on. This islam crap is not a religion it is a cult a violent dangerouis cult.

Islam is a religion. The problem over there is it's hot. The human body can't function when it gets to a certain temperature. They start to go insane, and do crazy things. Science has proven that when it gets to a certain temperature, murders rise. Therefore, instead of fighting them, we need to give them all air conditioners...very big air conditioners :D .

I take a different approach, If they did this I will seduce one of there hareem and impregnate her with an infidel. To further the insult it will rise up to give women rights, and convince young muslims that killing themselves to kill people unlike them is wrong. My seed is strong like crack.

:cheers:

LMAO!

high-larious... ;)

best post of the day! :applause:

If they did that, sure I would be offended. However, no more offended than I get after reading some of the posts on this site that are insulting to Christians and Christand and even Jews. No more than when I see people saying and doing offensive things on/in the news, t.v, radio, and all media formats.

I have learned that I can argue my point, fight back with words, or just ignore it. I surely don't need to sue any one because they offended me and unlike Islam, I have never been told or taught that someone who disagrees with me and my religions must die.

Christ is defamed by people in this country everyday, turn on the TV! Why should we get anymore upset by Muslims doing it? They have to answer to God for the blasphemy not me. That being said I will be upset and deeply disturbed as I am now seeing how TV has desecrated my faith.

Archived