Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Face of the Franchise??

Bhutanibeast

I would have to go with Taylor Jacobs......

Just playin....

Joe Gibbs

and player wise: Lavar is still.. if you asked people who dont follow the skins or nfl for that matter to name a player on the Redskins i think most would say Lavar....

I disagree about that comment about Lavar. I think if you asked a non-Redskin fan to name a player I think they would definetely say Portis or maybe Moss.

After Green retired, I'd say it was LaVar. But now it's Portis, Cooley and Moss. And hey, I've got each of their jerseys. Amazing. Someone mentioned Jansen, and while he is a great team leader, most people who aren't Skins fans don't know who he is.

I didn't interpret the question, who's the most recognizable player for the Redskins. I was looking at from within the team - who do THEY see as the team's spokesman, who sets the tone for the players, whose lead do the others follow. I think Jansen is that guy.

Just saw the question a little differently.

Guys, he was asking for the FACE of the franchise not ur favorite player. :doh: Even though clinton portis is good i dont think that people outside the redskin world thinks hes the face. It used to be LaVar but hes been dormant for the past 2 years. I think that the most reasonable mention for the face of the redskins would either be between Joe Gibbs and Santana Moss. Honestly, ppl outside the redskin world only recognize outstanding things about a team. Im not saying that CP or LaVar arnt great, because i know they are. But realisticly its Santana and Gibbs because of what they have accomplished.

Archived