Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Face of the Franchise??

Bhutanibeast

Joe Gibbs.

Agreed. Before this year, it may have been Arrington, but Joe Gibbs is the man at the Park. Portis and Jansen are also extremely important. This isn't much different than Joe Gibbs 1 where different players all had different leadership roles at different times, eg Riggo, Joey T, Doug Williams, the Hogs, Darrell Green, Art Monk, Earnest Byner, Wilbur Marshall, Dave Butz, Dexter, even Mark Moseley. :laugh:

Ok maybe not Moseley, but you get the picture.

lavar nas been the face for over 6 yrs,what is wrong here?

To me, the face of a franchise is the guy that an average NFL fan would immediately associate with that team when he hears about them. Colts- Peyton Manning. Falcons- Michael Vick. Seahawks- Shaun Alexander. Etc. Lavar maybe USED to be the undisputed face of the Redskins, but part of that was due to nobody else of real league importance being on the team, and now with big name guys like Portis, Moss, and Taylor making news across the league, combined with Lavar's injury and this past season being so messy for him, I honestly don't see him as the face of this team. I think it would be Portis considering how he was everywhere on national TV leading up to the Super Bowl and all the exposure he got for his costumes and solid play this past season. I know guys down here in Tampa that don't really know anything about the Redskins (they're mostly Bucs fans obviously) and when I discuss the Redskins they immediately bring up Clinton. Just my two cents on all of it anyway.

I would have to go with Taylor Jacobs......

Just playin....

Joe Gibbs

and player wise: Lavar is still.. if you asked people who dont follow the skins or nfl for that matter to name a player on the Redskins i think most would say Lavar....

Why you playing?? I honestly believe that TJ is the face of this franchise. the face that we all want to bash in and poop on.

Well, what's unique is we have a handfull. Coach Gibbs...hands down with no further discussion, Coach Bugel 4times, Coach Williams 4 times, LaVar 3 times, Cooley 3 times, Royal 2 times, Jansen twice, Moss, Portis, Jansen....I think Philly has Mcnabb, no close second, NY Giants have Tiki, no close second, Dallas has ? ? ? One thing I like about LaVar is he'll stop and say hi.

Yeah I caught him after the San Fran game and he had me run a 40yd dash, yeah but next time I'll do push ups instead. LaVars very fan freindly. Sometimes players can't always stop--especially after a game. So I understand that. Coach Williams will stop and say hi too and if you have something more to say than just hi it better be good. But that's just one of the unique things about our beloved Redskins.

But for the most part I think the real Redskins know who the real Redskin fans are. I think the players get a kick out of the after game send off at FEDEX. I sure hope Coach Gray and Moss can get Jacobs going. Yeah , I know Jerry Gray is a DB coach but he can help with his insight on what he thinks DBs look for in getting an edge in pass coverage.

But Jacobs can flat run, but I think his ability to sell routes is off...but that can be fixed. The same problem I think Ramsey had with recognizing the threat (blitsz package) and knowing how to combat it.

Ramsey's okay, but the Chicago game the threat was right at the LOS with a LB coming and he couldn't check off. Yeah, I know it's very difficult to do. Brunell seems to have a knack for recognizing the threat and checking off; something that comes with experience I guess.

But Mark got caught in the NY game at FEDEX and thats when he hurt his knee, but Mark very seldom gets caught. So threat recogntion is a difficult skill to master. All QBs in the NFL get caught every now and then. But Mark is both a pocket guy and he also knows how to roll away from the threat when he sees it and Ramsey appears to be more of a pocket guy.

I think if Ramsey worked on blitz recognition and decision making as he faces different threats he'll be okay. I really wish Ramsey the best and my point is not the complete resolve of how he can fix his technique. Its just an observation. Wish Ramsey could stay because our margin of error goes way up by having two solid QBs; haven't seen Campbell yet. But I do know if you have a high margin of error at the QB, RB positions our chances go way up; we have that.

Can't waite to see how Cash out of Hampton runs...those WRs coming out of D2 schools can sometimes be worth it... so we may have something there, but I wouldn't give up on Jacobs. But overall we have a super bowl team; we just need to hit the submarine and be able to implement good game plans= making adjustments during the games and between series. GOSKINSWIN!

Archived