Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NBC Reporter to White House Spokesman: 'DON'T BE A JERK'

hokie4redskins

Journalists think they are entitled to answers to their questions. Gee, what nerve!

Gregory is a great reporter. He's tough and refuses to be snowed by some administration lackey trying to avoid answering a legitimate question by insulting the journalist. Make no mistake McClellan was insulting Gregory. McClellan WAS being a jerk. Gregory called him on it.

Are there people here who think journalists should be lapdogs of ANY administration? If they can't be tough and shove it right back in the pess secretaries' faces then they need to give up their seat in the press room to braver souls. There's no room for wusses in that business. They are there to get answers for all of us. No matter what administration it is. It's about time some reporters are getting a backbone. It's kind of embarrassing when the biggest balls in the room are on the oldest lady there. Don't be dissing Helen Thomas - she could probably take you all out.

There is a huge difference betwixt "tough" and adversarial. :2cents:

There is a huge difference betwixt "tough" and adversarial. :2cents:

No. There's not. In this situation it's the exact same thing.

If you don't get answers then you have to persist until you get the answer. That might be rude at the dinner table with your in-laws but that's what reporters have to do. This isn't a tea party. You guys get all Emily Post whenever someone stands up to this administration. It's not about manners. People can too easily hide behind manners. You think Dick Cheney got where he was by being "polite'?

No. There's not. In this situation it's the exact same thing.

If you don't get answers then you have to persist until you get the answer. That might be rude at the dinner table with your in-laws but that's what reporters have to do. This isn't a tea party. You guys get all Emily Post whenever someone stands up to this administration. It's not about manners. People can too easily hide behind manners. You think Dick Cheney got where he was by being "polite'?

He wasnt standing up, he was grandstanding for his own ego's sake and nothing more.

call it like i see it

People can be complex and Gregory is no exception. From my observations of him he asks tough questions that the Administration doesn't want to answer which is exactly what a good reporter should do. At the same time he's in love with himself just a little too much and I suspect that he TIVO's himself and likes to secretly watch himself in the middle of the night. His credibility suffers in my little world.

He wasnt standing up, he was grandstanding for his own ego's sake and nothing more.

call it like i see it

You claim he was grandstanding, but if you'll recall, Scott insulted him by pointing out that the cameras weren't running.

Seems to me, it's not grandstanding if he does it when the cameras are OFF.

I was thinking the same thing.

This Press Sect. gets his arse handed to him over and over. He gets blindsided all the time.

Then he snaps back at the folks who catch the the difference between the Spin and the Reality.

Ever since the whole informal chat with the troops bs, the guy must feel like a man without a country.

I keep remembering a political cartoon from the Nixon days.

Scene is a White House press conference, a bunch of "press" facing one guy a a podium. But they're on a beach.

Behind the podium, on the beach, is a beached whale, labled "Watergate". A sheet, labled "coverup" has been thrown over the whale.

The caption is "I have been specifically authorised to say 'What whale?'".

You claim he was grandstanding, but if you'll recall, Scott insulted him by pointing out that the cameras weren't running.

Seems to me, it's not grandstanding if he does it when the cameras are OFF.

Honestly is looks like Scott gave him a good little barb, but then Gregory went WAY overboard. Either way, journalist are SUPPOSED to keep their cool, Gregory didnt.

I still stand by my original post about Gregory needing a piece of Valentines Day ass to loosen him up.

OMG!!!!! I am so sick of hearing about this story. Why was this such national news???? Can anyone tell me?? I am sorry that it happened to the man but I could have continued to live a pretty happy life without hearing ALL about Dick Cheney ACCIDENTELY shooting his poor friend. I mean Jesus, there are a lot miore important news stories out there. We have so many other things going on in this world that are more news worthy than this story. And someone asking if he is going to resign????? OMG!!!!!!! We had to tell the whole world about this terrible accident for days but when Clinton was having "sexual relations" with Monica L. in the ****ing oval office, that was NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!! Give me a break!!!!!!!! If our president is lying to us about things that are happening in OUR White House, what else could he have lied about?? I feel that the shooting accident was more of a personal issue that a public one. Ok, I'll get off of my soap box now. This has been just my opinion on the matter and wanted to add my :2cents: .

Then America should expect to hear less and less from the White House.

All they hear is BS anyways, spin upon spin. They purposely lie to the American public time after time after time, then they have the AUDACITY to say a reporter is grandstanding?

Are you people serious? He was insulted in front of everyone for asking a question. That is how the president's press secretary acts?

What a sorry excuse for an administration, and a sorry excuse for a party. They have done more to destroy the party of Reagan then you folks could even imagine, they have personified the lying corrupt politician :doh:

At nwhat point do you gusy start to question your ideology? When we are attacked again? When you see half of the House go to jail? When do you finally admit that you were wrong? After we have no country left???

OMG!!!!! I am so sick of hearing about this story. Why was this such national news???? Can anyone tell me?? I am sorry that it happened to the man but I could have continued to live a pretty happy life without hearing ALL about Dick Cheney ACCIDENTELY shooting his poor friend. I mean Jesus, there are a lot miore important news stories out there. We have so many other things going on in this world that are more news worthy than this story. And someone asking if he is going to resign????? OMG!!!!!!! We had to tell the whole world about this terrible accident for days but when Clinton was having "sexual relations" with Monica L. in the ****ing oval office, that was NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!!

I'm not sure what planet you live on, but it was front page news for over two years :doh:

Maybe you should see WHO is pushing the story huh? Ask yourselves WHY they are pushing a non-story and keeping it front and center. . .

Maybe because we are giving the OK for BOTH Pakistan and India to INCREASE their nuclear arsenal :doh:

It's amazing how completely gullable the American population is, simply amazing.

Give me a break!!!!!!!! If our president is lying to us about things that are happening in OUR White House, what else could he have lied about??

I don't know, but here is a guess. . . ummm, Iraq's threat to America, having NO WMDs, not printing conflicting opinions, supressing evidence and a myriad of other things.

You need to look at who is pushing the story, and ask WHY they would push a non-story like this. . . there is where you will find your answer, it is true all the time.

OMG!!!!! I am so sick of hearing about this story. Why was this such national news???? Can anyone tell me?? I am sorry that it happened to the man but I could have continued to live a pretty happy life without hearing ALL about Dick Cheney ACCIDENTELY shooting his poor friend. I mean Jesus, there are a lot miore important news stories out there. We have so many other things going on in this world that are more news worthy than this story. And someone asking if he is going to resign????? OMG!!!!!!! We had to tell the whole world about this terrible accident for days but when Clinton was having "sexual relations" with Monica L. in the ****ing oval office, that was NONE OF OUR BUSINESS!!!! Give me a break!!!!!!!! If our president is lying to us about things that are happening in OUR White House, what else could he have lied about?? I feel that the shooting accident was more of a personal issue that a public one. Ok, I'll get off of my soap box now. This has been just my opinion on the matter and wanted to add my :2cents: .

I'm sorry but your point makes no sense.

Monica Lewinsky was a major, major news story for over two years. Clinton may have wished that it wasn't news, but it was news nonetheless.

The Vice President shot someone in the face (yes by accident) four days ago and we learned about it Sunday, three days ago. Three days is not exactly a long time. You really think that this news coverage has been so outrageous after a whole three days?

I'm sorry but your point makes no sense.

Monica Lewinsky was a major, major news story for over two years. Clinton may have wished that it wasn't news, but it was news nonetheless.

The Vice President shot someone in the face (yes by accident) four days ago and we learned about it Sunday, three days ago. Three days is not exactly a long time. You really think that this news coverage has been so outrageous after a whole three days?

To add if the owner of the ranch hadn't told the local news the story might not have come out until later. Talk about covering things up. When is Cheney going to tell the Amercian people about the incident? The same ones that put him in public office. The lack of accountability is getting old with this administration. To also add, the Republicans loved the Monica story and kept the fire stoked for a long time.

Archived