Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you support Bush - please post here WHY

AlexRS

I want to support Bush, for precisely the reason PleaseBlitz posted. He is our President, and when I try really hard, I can see some good qualities. For instance, Bush is very pro-business, and that's not a bad thing to have in our government. It'd be nice if it were balanced by some pro-environment people, some anti-poverty people, some pro-education and healthcare people, but hey, that's our fault for not electing anybody who cares about anything other than money for about the last 10 years.

However, it also appears to me that Bush has all the support he needs. In fact, he has so much support, it seems to me that he is not being held accountable for some clearly poor judgement and bad decisions.

Cuz he is a nice guy, he has a great faith in God, and admits that he is not perfect, even though he is expected to be

I disagree with each and every word in this post. He is not a nice guy. Witness his remarks about Adam Clymer, and and numerous incidents over the years where he has clearly not shied away from some very vicious and mean spirited comments/confrontations. He only looks nice when you compare him to Rove and Cheney.

I just recently heard for the first time that Bush has given his 'witness' as its known in evangelical circles, but I still have my doubts. I think the whole pious, god-bless-his-soul stuff is an act. I don't think he gives 2 ****s about intelligent design. I think his political strategy from 2000 to 2004 was to mobilize the religious right, and he did everything he could, both publicly and behind the scenes to get those extra 4 million voters to the polls. I don't think he's particularly religious, he just projects that image to fool our more gullible, faithful citizens.

and gchwood, can you actually point to something Bush has said which makes you state that he "admits that he is not perfect?" Cuz I've never heard it. I just saw him say algebra is hard on the Daily Show the other day, is that what you're referring to? Because I'm still waiting for Bush to admit a single mistake as President.

And who expects him to be perfect? Yes, he's got an important job. Yes, I want him held accountable for his policies and his decisions. I thought this was a conservative value, BTW. But I think the right gives him a free pass for everything, lest they undermine his agenda which they agree with, regardless of how poorly he persues that agenda. And the left expects him to **** everything up. If you know someone who expects Bush to be perfect, I'd like to hear from them.

Yep.

Good deal on your consistency....I was thinking about Dennis Miller's first standup in a while after W was elected saying he turned Republican because he thought Clinton took away his respect for the office of the President. I know he's a right wing talker now but I wonder what he thinks about respect of the office during W's reign? He just had a new stand up routine on HBO but I haven't seen it yet. I wonder if he comes full circle and stays consistent if he has lost respect for the office again or is just sticking with his right wing new conservative approach.

I support him because he's the president of the United States.

I learned a long time ago there are certain things in this life that aren't worth arguing about. Politics is one of them.......

Man if politics ain't worth arguing about what is?

At least add to the Hybrid-filibuster or something.

I dont support anybody just because they have power. That's an archaic mentality.

I disagree with each and every word in this post. He is not a nice guy. Witness his remarks about Adam Clymer, and and numerous incidents over the years where he has clearly not shied away from some very vicious and mean spirited comments/confrontations. He only looks nice when you compare him to Rove and Cheney.

My wife worked for him at the White House, and I have met him, trust me he is a nice guy.

I just recently heard for the first time that Bush has given his 'witness' as its known in evangelical circles, but I still have my doubts. I think the whole pious, god-bless-his-soul stuff is an act. I don't think he gives 2 ****s about intelligent design. I think his political strategy from 2000 to 2004 was to mobilize the religious right, and he did everything he could, both publicly and behind the scenes to get those extra 4 million voters to the polls. I don't think he's particularly religious, he just projects that image to fool our more gullible, faithful citizens.

If this is your belief, than you sir are an idiot (I mean that in jest). He is a profoundly religious man, whose decisions in office are directly impacted on his relationship with God. Even the Islamic Jihad terrorists and the like, point to his belief in the chiristian God, and call him evil. You can call him alot of things but saying that he is not religious and is just acting so to "pull the wool over our eyes" is just dumb.

and gchwood, can you actually point to something Bush has said which makes you state that he "admits that he is not perfect?" Cuz I've never heard it. I just saw him say algebra is hard on the Daily Show the other day, is that what you're referring to? Because I'm still waiting for Bush to admit a single mistake as President.

Do you not remember when he said that they found no WMDs, and he was acting on his intel, but he beleived they were there and he was wrong? Don't remember? Well then you must think that we haven't failed to find the WMDs yet then.

And who expects him to be perfect? Yes, he's got an important job. Yes, I want him held accountable for his policies and his decisions. I thought this was a conservative value, BTW. But I think the right gives him a free pass for everything, lest they undermine his agenda which they agree with, regardless of how poorly he persues that agenda. And the left expects him to **** everything up. If you know someone who expects Bush to be perfect, I'd like to hear from them.

Good grief, Bush gets blamed for things that he could neither foresee or prevent and you tell me that you don't expect him to be perfect?

I support Bush almost exclusively because of national security. His fiscal policy has been abysmal and I do not agree with him (or most other Republicans for that matter) on many of the social issues. His education policy is also a joke.

The bottom line is, there really is no viable alternative to Bush and the Republican party. The Democratic party has moved so far to the left that they provide no true option to many Americans. I can only think of a handful of Democrats that I don't find disgusting.

My wife worked for him at the White House, and I have met him, trust me he is a nice guy.

If this is your belief, than you sir are an idiot (I mean that in jest). He is a profoundly religious man, whose decisions in office are directly impacted on his relationship with God. Even the Islamic Jihad terrorists and the like, point to his belief in the chiristian God, and call him evil. You can call him alot of things but saying that he is not religious and is just acting so to "pull the wool over our eyes" is just dumb.

Do you not remember when he said that they found no WMDs, and he was acting on his intel, but he beleived they were there and he was wrong? Don't remember? Well then you must think that we haven't failed to find the WMDs yet then.

Good grief, Bush gets blamed for things that he could neither foresee or prevent and you tell me that you don't expect him to be perfect?

This a great post because you are backing up what you believe in.

I support Bush almost exclusively because of national security. His fiscal policy has been abysmal and I do not agree with him (or most other Republicans for that matter) on many of the social issues. His education policy is also a joke.

The bottom line is, there really is no viable alternative to Bush and the Republican party. The Democratic party has moved so far to the left that they provide no true option to many Americans. I can only think of a handful of Democrats that I don't find disgusting.

I am curious. Can you name a few?

I prefer mine shaved, but I'll take Bush if that is what is offered...

I was thinking the same thing. However, posting one of those pictures to go along with the comment would get me in trouble on this site.

To add to the discussion. Bush as a person has never been the issue. Both he and his wife are very nice and generous people. However, nice and generous does not equate to running the country properly.

He is a good person, a good leader, and has GOOD morals, and he doesnt shy away from threats like Clinton and the other spineless libs. President Bush wants what is best for the American people, and the war in Iraq is to help keep us safe, and if anyone thinks he did it for fun you should really think about what you are saying.

GEORGE W BUSH = Great American

I was thinking the same thing. However, posting one of those pictures to go along with the comment would get me in trouble on this site.

To add to the discussion. Bush as a person has never been the issue. Both he and his wife are very nice and generous people. However, nice and generous does not equate to running the country properly.

but nice and generous gets him elected....

Mostly because he turns the looney left into blathering idiots.

dammit Kilmer, ya beat me to it.

I quit arguing on the internet a loooong time ago. It accomplishes absolutely nothing. Now someone will say "it's not arguing, it's discussing" and then I'll say "shut up - this is another reason I don't do it, you nitpicking geek" and then they'll call me a nazi and I'll call them a bitter loser commie and....well, you get it.

But that's exactly what I was going to say. I get such a kick out of seeing Al Gore lose his mind, screaming at the top of his lungs like an idiot. Such joy from hearing the hollywood wackos threaten to leave the country if Bush is reelected. I giggle like a schoolgirl when Howard Dean shows his true colors and goes over the edge again and again.

To hear Harry Belafonte and Kanye West call the President a racist when Bill Clinton never had a black secretary of state, nonetheless TWO of them, and a BLACK WOMAN to top it off, sends me into spasms of glee! (Well, Willie may indeed have had a black woman, but that's neither here nor there. :))

What's that, crybabies? He only appointed Powell and Rice to win the black vote? But a true racist would never do that, would they?

I waited with joyous anticipation after hurricane Katrina flooded hundreds of school busses that could have been used to evacuate people for the Democratic mayor of NO and Democratic Governor of LA to begin blaming Bush for their mess. And right on cue, they did!

And wasn't it Louis Farrakhan that said the President blew up the levees to flood the black districts? Priceless!

I could go on - and on - and on - but I won't.

I don't care that he actually has convictions and stands by them. I don't care he lowered my taxes and the economy is humming and my 401k is up. I don't care that he's got the worthless piece of **** murdering savages of al qaeda disrupted - if only temporarily.

What gives me the greatest pleasure is to see the left at its finest. It's true colors beaming brightly for all to see. Bitter over loss of power, seeing ghosts of totalitarianism at every turn, grasping vainly at every straw they desperately hope may topple Bush, only to fail again and again.

It's a gas! :laugh:

Archived