Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you support Bush - please post here WHY

AlexRS

What do you guys think of the Ford Fusion? I think it's a step in the right direction for Ford. It would be nice to have a viable American alternative to the Camry and Accord.

fusion1.jpg

Nice try Zoony, but it looks like this one is headed down the regular path. Maybe we should start an ES gang of 14 to head these type of threads off at pass?

What do you guys think of the Ford Fusion? I think it's a step in the right direction for Ford. It would be nice to have a viable American alternative to the Camry and Accord.

fusion1.jpg

Gotta give Ford props, they are at least making an effort to make the hybrids

GM on the other hand seems to be dragging their feet on the issue, seeing as their big Super Bowl ad was pushing the new 2007 Cadillac Escalades :doh:

If it has a Hybrid model...I'm down. I'm done with the 4 stroke...internal combustion engine.

The hybrids kind of scare me from a maintenance perspective. I've heard it's something like $7000 to buy a new battery, and you have to get one every 7 years.

The technology that shuts down part of the engine when you don't need it (i.e. runs off only 2 of the 6 available cylinders on the highway when you are cruising, and the other 4 kick in when you accelerate) seems promising. But I'm told it can only be done in halves... i.e. if it is a V-8, you can only cut it down to 4, and if it is a V-6 you can only cut it down to 3, etc.

A hunch tells me that we'll see big advances here in the next 5 years, and hybrid technology will fade after these vehicles start to mature and owners start sharing their horror stories about maintenance costs, etc.

Alex there is no point in starting another one of these threads.

FYI there are some great political forums out there, you might want to check them out.

I do not mean to start a flame war, I'm just very curious on the subject. This thread was never meant to try and convince anybody of anything, I'm just very curious if anybody supports what he is doing. I know many support his beliefs and convictions, support him just because he is President, support the war, support the troops... but does anybody really support what he is doing? but you're right, that topic simply cannot avoid slippage :)

by the way, do you know of any good political forums? I'd love to check them out. Thanks.

GM on the other hand seems to be dragging their feet on the issue, seeing as their big Super Bowl ad was pushing the new 2007 Cadillac Escalades :doh:

:laugh:

I liked the 2007 Escalade better when it was called....

... the 2005 Escalade. :doh:

Yup... still big, gaudy, and ugly. Not sure why they needed to spend the ad dollars to remind us of that.

Archived