Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

May be Only TJ supporter...

truskinsfan18

I may be his only supporter. Now don't get me wrong, the guy sucks in games. He has hands like gardner, and can't get open. But he has something else, HEART. They guy works hard, never complains, and is supposedly the hardest wr to cover in practice. I say keep him around, hell even put him 4th or 5th on the depth chart. He works so hard, and a a work ethic like that can only be positive to rub off on his teammates. Also, if he is such a "hard worker", than maybe he can still breakout. Its not like he has a huge cap hit, so why not keep him around? Patten also wasn't producting, does that mean Patten sucks too? Maybe its Brunells trust issue, that he only throws towards Moss and Cooley. I don't know what it is, but I truly believe we should keep TJ around

I'll second the motion to keep TJ. Save the tomatoes. I just have a gut feeling, and the one game we finally threw some balls to him this season he was sick, according to Gibbs. If he can get healthy and stay free of injuries, I say give him another year. Fine. Drop 'im down to fourth, but give him more opportunities early in the season and see what he's got.

He's worked out pretty well for me in madden...:thumbsup:

Here's your new contract jacobs--->:psyche: :ciao:

well, in all reality i agree he is a hard worker and i wouldnt agree with just outright getting rid of the guy until we have found a better replacement. Everyone talks about always trusting in gibbs AND SO DO I but for some reason everyone dismisses that gibbs is so high on this guy and always talks about his potential. If gibbs believes in him so do i...however gibbs does tend to be overnice sometimes so who knows. I guess we'll find out.

As long as he's a 'Skin I'll support him too.

Look, heart is great and all, but when it comes down to it you need ability in this league.

You don't get by on "heart". You get by by being better than the guy lined up across from you, whether it's physically, mentally, or schematically.

I'm not saying heart has nothing to do with it, but eventually you need to have it and I'm sorry Taylor Jacobs, you just don't have it.

i agree with you

releasing him would be stupid

We should keep him as a backup WR, and keep him on Special Teams where he performs quite well.

There's NO need to release him a year before his contract runs out.

I think of him being similar to Tavis Taylor, a terrible 1st round bust by the Ravens who performed quite well in a better offensive system with the Vikings this year.

I think Al Saunders can do the same thing for taylor jacobs.

If not, who cares....its not like he's taking up cap space.

Did anyone else think the OP meant Tom Jackson, the commentator? :laugh: I was about to bust into the thread and say "WHADDYA MEAN, YOU SUPPORT TOM JACKSON!?!?" :laugh:

Patten outperformed him this year and Patten flat out sucks.

Jacobs has to go.

Whoah -- Patten flat out sucks?? Man...just because Brunell rarely looked his direction doesn't mean he sucks!! Not to mention he was dragging all season due to his knee injury. Wait until next year...he'll be back.

As far as Taylor is concerned...ugh. He has had 3 seasons now to turn it around, but hasn't been able to. Maybe he's gotten a bum rap due to injuries, but come on!! I'll give him one more year to perform...he probably will, too...just in time for his contract year so the Skins can't afford to resign him! :doh:

As long as he's a 'Skin I'll support him too.

Look, heart is great and all, but when it comes down to it you need ability in this league.

You don't get by on "heart". You get by by being better than the guy lined up across from you, whether it's physically, mentally, or schematically.

I'm not saying heart has nothing to do with it, but eventually you need to have it and I'm sorry Taylor Jacobs, you just don't have it.

the thing is, he has ability, according to many redskin sources, including Gibbs. The problem is he can't translate that from the practice field to the games.... he needs to toughen up, get that confidence in the games.

he does well on special teams

can he? :whoknows:

See what happens when you let go of a real Redskin like McCants?

Maybe that was McCants' issue, cause he sure wasn't a "real" Eagle.

As for Jacobs, he doesn't make a lot of money and is good on special teams. So, keep him around. He just isn't productive enough to be a number two, or even number three receiver at this point.

Archived