Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

May be Only TJ supporter...

truskinsfan18

Patten also wasn't producting, does that mean Patten sucks too? Maybe its Brunells trust issue, that he only throws towards Moss and Cooley. I don't know what it is, but I truly believe we should keep TJ around

Patten was taking heat off Moss when he wasn't making catches. Brunell didn't throw much at Jacobs for one simple reason: Jacobs proved he couldn't get it done when it came time to strap it on.

Are you kidding? The one thing he lacks is HEART. He is fast as all get out, has put on weight and is probablly pretty strong. He runs good routes in practice etc. The thing he lacks is heart once the pads are put on and grown men start hitting he becomes the worst reciever on the field:doh:

I agree with this.

He has the athletic ability. I think the thing Jacobs LACKS is the heart and the drive to be an NFL level WR.

Don't forget Boswell's article in the Washington Post where he talked about Jacobs running off the field during the Seattle playoff game saying "I got a concussion! I got a concussion!"

As Boswell noted, if you haft to tell folks you got one, you probably don't have one. :)

That sounds like someone who just wanted to get off the field. Someone who didn't want to be in a pressure situation like that. When his team mates needed him in that game, he took off for the sidelines, leaving us with just Moss and Farris.

That doesn't sound like heart to me.

I think Jacobs days here are numbered.

It's amazing the selective memories around here. Let's go over the facts.

Season 1) Injured his pancreas in preseason his rookie year.... did not play or practice for nearly the entire year due to the injury and then the slow recovery and regaining of strength and stamina. A SERIOUS INJURY. A wasted year NOT spent learning the craft of a NFL receiver.

Season 2) Ankle Injury in TC that prevented him from playing in the latter stages of training camp and preseason. Simply lost the chance to develop a repoire with brunell/ramsey. Also played behind Coles and Gardner.... so chances limited.

Season 3) Reported to be having a terrific camp and progressing nicely. Reported to be difficult to cover in practice. Now... in either a scrimmage or preseason game he injures his toe. A dislocation I believe.... a painful injury that has ended careers of other skill players. Is fitted with an othrodics device to wear in order to keep his toe in joint while trying to play. That's a terrible injury for a receiver needing the skill of exploding in and out of breaks to develop seperation from defenders. Additionally, he loses the ability to develop a repoire with Brunell by being unable to play initially and then unable to effectively get off the line of scrimmage and out of his breaks and get the seperation Brunell needed to feel comfortable throwing him the ball.

Those are the facts. Now this is what happens in 06. He's going to be given the chance to make the roster as a receiver / special teamer. I believe he has an injury free camp and works hard than he'll have an integral role in the offense due to his talents. If he's injured at any point during TC or preseason.... or fails to develop a repoire and rhythm with the starting QB..... the organization will release him.

Season 1) Injured his pancreas in preseason his rookie year.... did not play or practice for nearly the entire year due to the injury and then the slow recovery and regaining of strength and stamina. A SERIOUS INJURY. A wasted year NOT spent learning the craft of a NFL receiver.

Season 2) Ankle Injury in TC that prevented him from playing in the latter stages of training camp and preseason. Simply lost the chance to develop a repoire with brunell/ramsey. Also played behind Coles and Gardner.... so chances limited.

Season 3) Reported to be having a terrific camp and progressing nicely. Reported to be difficult to cover in practice. Now... in either a scrimmage or preseason game he injures his toe. A dislocation I believe.... a painful injury that has ended careers of other skill players. Is fitted with an othrodics device to wear in order to keep his toe in joint while trying to play. That's a terrible injury for a receiver needing the skill of exploding in and out of breaks to develop seperation from defenders. Additionally, he loses the ability to develop a repoire with Brunell by being unable to play initially and then unable to effectively get off the line of scrimmage and out of his breaks and get the seperation Brunell needed to feel comfortable throwing him the ball.

It sounds good and all but I am starting to think he is a wuss

Yelling "I think I have a concussion" isn't the best way to show how tough you are

Whoah -- Patten flat out sucks?? Man...just because Brunell rarely looked his direction doesn't mean he sucks!! Not to mention he was dragging all season due to his knee injury. Wait until next year...he'll be back.

I love posting his stats to people that say that Patten doesnt suck. Well he does. Look last year before his injury:

week 1 3 rec 19 yards versus Chicago

week 2 1 rec 12 yards versus Dallas

bye week

week 4 3 rec 15 yards versus sea (OT even)

week 5 7 rec 63 yards versus Den

week 6 2 rec 22 yards versus KC

week 7 2 rec 56 yards versus SF

Week 8 1 rec 6 yards versus NYG

week 9 0 rec 0 yards versus Phi

Week 10 3 rec 24 yards versus TB

Thats a whopping 22 rec for 217 yards and 0 TDs 9.9 YPAC and 2.45 receptions per game

but then again looking at his history http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playe...s?playerId=1393

he averages only 2.1 receptions per game and 14.5 yards per reception, so you cant blame Brunell for "not looking his way". Seems if thats the case he's been partially invisible for his career. :laugh:

Guys dont ridicule me, its just my opinion. I have support for the guy, and hope he suceeds

Agree completely. I would NOT keep him as the #2 or #3 option WR, but to the extent he is a special teams contributor, has good practice habits, and at least still has some potential to develop, I keep him around for another year at this lower spot on the WR totem pole. Remember, historically, the WR position is one of the more difficult transitions in the NFL and takes some players several years to master it. At a minimum, I would at least take him to camp.

Jacobs just needs to get the ball thrown to him more. I never really see Brunell throw the ball his way. I don't think that we should get rid of him. But I do think that he needs to toughen up. He has the heart, he just doesn't have the mental toughness to match. If he couldn't catch or get open...he would not have lasted up until now.

I may be his only supporter. Now don't get me wrong, the guy sucks in games. He has hands like gardner, and can't get open. But he has something else, HEART. They guy works hard, never complains, and is supposedly the hardest wr to cover in practice. I say keep him around, hell even put him 4th or 5th on the depth chart. He works so hard, and a a work ethic like that can only be positive to rub off on his teammates. Also, if he is such a "hard worker", than maybe he can still breakout. Its not like he has a huge cap hit, so why not keep him around? Patten also wasn't producting, does that mean Patten sucks too? Maybe its Brunells trust issue, that he only throws towards Moss and Cooley. I don't know what it is, but I truly believe we should keep TJ around

what? there is alot of people out there who have heart, that doesnt mean they deserve to be in the NFL, you say he sucks in games, cant get open and has no hands, why the hell would you want him on the team?

I love posting his stats to people that say that Patten doesnt suck. Well he does. Look last year before his injury:

Well, if he sucked so bad, why did the passing game tank for the most part when he wasn't in there?

Also, looking at the splits, he was just not getting the ball in the second half. It also seems like the only times Brunell got the ball to the #2 WR was because the play was designed to go to him.

Jason

So Jacobs is the hardest WR to cover in practice, its a shame practice doesnt matter. I think we have given him plenty of chances and at best he should be 5th of the depth chart.

1. Moss

2. Free agent (A. Randel El or K. Robinson) - my favorite 2 choices

3. Patten

4. Thrash

5. Jacobs

Those are the facts. Now this is what happens in 06. He's going to be given the chance to make the roster as a receiver / special teamer. I believe he has an injury free camp and works hard than he'll have an integral role in the offense due to his talents. If he's injured at any point during TC or preseason.... or fails to develop a repoire and rhythm with the starting QB..... the organization will release him.

Sooooooooooooo.........

Are you trying to say Taylor Jacobs is injury prone? :shutup:

I thought this was going to be a Tom Jackson bashing session.

Taylor Jacobs has so much to improve on. His patterns were High School at best. But, he is suppose to be super speed guy and I haven't seen it. I don't care if he's here next year. But, I do like to see our draft picks succeed, so if he pulls it off good for him.

Archived