Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want Jurevicius

mikalax2

There are better WRs out there and if I can see Seattle looking at T.O. same offense he is used to playing in frisco and philly. Their runniing back is going to be shocked that he isnt going to get 7 million per year on the market so his cap number shouldn't be a problem if he doesnt sign early and tries to test the free agent waters. I say that because alot of people are saying his numbers are due to the O line and 6 games in the NFC West

There are better WRs out there and if I can see Seattle looking at T.O. same offense he is used to playing in frisco and philly. Their runniing back is going to be shocked that he isnt going to get 7 million per year on the market so his cap number shouldn't be a problem if he doesnt sign early and tries to test the free agent waters. I say that because alot of people are saying his numbers are due to the O line and 6 games in the NFC West
why not take a look at freddie mitchell?

He might not be the best WR in the FA market this year (thats Owens), but he is in the top 5 and probably will be the best value for a possession/move the chains receiver that we can get.

So the Seahawks are going to resign Alexander, franchise tag Hutchinson, and then resign JJ?

They have 15 UFA's right now...

They also want to resign Rocky Bernard their pass rushing DT. I don't know if they will franchise a guard, that would be way to expensive. They would have to pay him the top Left Tackle money if they did franchise him.

They also want to resign Rocky Bernard their pass rushing DT. I don't know if they will franchise a guard, that would be way to expensive. They would have to pay him the top Left Tackle money if they did franchise him.

Hutchinson along with Jones serve as the stong side for Alexander to run to. They are going to have to tag him because they made a promise to Alexander that they wouldn't tag him this year.

We need someone to take double teams off Moss?

WRONG

We need someone to take ADVANTAGE of the double teams on Moss.

Someone said Jurevicius hasn't made many 70 yard bombs for touchdowns.

Thats not the receiver he is.

Santana Moss is. The homerun threat.

What Jurevicius gives us is a large target for a behind his prime Brunell, or a still learning Campbell that everyone can trust to make the short to intermediate catch for a 1st down.

He should only see single coverage most of the time BECAUSE of the double teams on Moss. His great size and hands should outmatch most DBs one on one.

He can catch the 1st down catches, which gives us more chances to get the homerun bomb to Moss.

Moss isn't really effective if we go 3 and out on every single possession.

And if Jurevicius starts making plays and teams start focusing on him instead of Santana, watch out!!

I still think Seattle resigns him though.

No Sea. would have to make a tender offer of the avg. of the top 5 paid LG's in the NFL. Hutch will probably get a deal similar to Randy Thomas, which is in the ballpark of a perennial pro-bowl tackle, not franchise LT money, which is what Ogden, Pace, and Walter Jones get.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I think Jimmy Smith would be better. He is more productive and a great route runner.

I wouldnt want Jimmy Smith. Just a gut feeling kinda thing.. He is old, and though I know that so is Moulds, Or Jurevicius, or any number of other recievers, I just dont have a good feeling about Smith. I get the same feeling I had when we signed Andre Reed and never played him. I think it was the same year we got Bruce from Buffalo as well. I could be wrong but I dont think I am.

This guy would be a great Redskin. While a Reggie Wayne would be nice, I don't think we need to tie up that kind of money in another receiver. If we drop major bucks on anyone this year, it should be a stud pass-rusher.

I agree. I would go as far to say our FA focus should be on DE instead of WR....Everyone is talking about getting a veteran WR and draft a DE...I think it is the other way around. We can mold a rookie WR into a great #2, but we need a solid pass rushin DE NOW

Thats my four cents...

:2cents: :2cents:

Name 2 big plays he made with Tampa.

James Thrash had as many 40+ yard catches last year as Joe Jurevicius did in his entire 3 year stay at Tampa.

you obviously dont remember the game against the 49ers in the bucs superbowl run. i believe it was right after his son had died. he made this great play that gave the bucs great field positions. although it is one play, we're not bringing him here to make plays of 40 yards or more, were bringing him in to prevent us from reaching 4th down.

FYI:

Wide receiver Joe Jurevicius, a key piece in last offseason's free-agency puzzle, wants to return to the Seahawks.

"That is my goal," he said. "If that happens, then I am going to be all for it. I think I have proven that I can play football and make plays and help football teams win. I think I have proven that, and I think I have enjoyed my time here in Seattle, and I don't see there being any reason for me to go somewhere else."

Seattle Post Intelligencer

FYI:

Wide receiver Joe Jurevicius, a key piece in last offseason's free-agency puzzle, wants to return to the Seahawks.

"That is my goal," he said. "If that happens, then I am going to be all for it. I think I have proven that I can play football and make plays and help football teams win. I think I have proven that, and I think I have enjoyed my time here in Seattle, and I don't see there being any reason for me to go somewhere else."

Seattle Post Intelligencer

I've posted that JJ is wanted in SEA and wants to stay in SEA on here, oh, maybe 20 times, and it don't matter :laugh:

Same with Lloyd of SF btw...

yeah he is wanted by them...i can see why...check this out...(from ESPN insider) "character guy", hes 6-5...and he wont cost as much say a Randel-El!(which i agree with some on this board thinkin he is overated as a WR)

Pats eyeing Jurevicius?

<Feb. 2> The Patriots, expected to overhaul their receiving corps this offseason, will likely give Jurevicius a long look, speculates the Boston Herald.

A "character" player with size (6-foot-5, 240 pounds) and sure hands, Jurevicius fits the Patriots mold. In fact, the Patriots considered signing Jurevicius as a free agent in 2002 before settling on Donald Hayes.

"If the opportunity presented itself, I would have [signed with the Pats]," Jurevicius told the Herald. "But they went with somebody else. That's the way the cookie crumbles."

The 31-year-old Jurevicius, who will become an unrestricted free agent in March, enjoyed a career season in 2005 (55 catches, 10 touchdowns). Every team he's played for (Giants, Tampa Bay and Seattle) has reached the Super Bowl.

]']you obviously dont remember the game against the 49ers in the bucs superbowl run. i believe it was right after his son had died. he made this great play that gave the bucs great field positions. although it is one play' date=' we're not bringing him here to make plays of 40 yards or more, were bringing him in to prevent us from reaching 4th down.[/quote']

How about the Monday Night season opener against the Eagles a couple years ago? He made two of the best catches I've ever seen.

The 31-year-old Jurevicius, who will become an unrestricted free agent in March, enjoyed a career season in 2005 (55 catches, 10 touchdowns). Every team he's played for (Giants, Tampa Bay and Seattle) has reached the Super Bowl.

This about says it all.

Guest ComebackKing
He will be resigned by the Seahawks ... esp after his SB performance. We shouldn't get our hopes too high.
Maybe that's what I was thinking. Anyhow I doubt the Seahawks will get rid of him he won't cost them that much anyway they have little behind Engram and Djax.

Archived