Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want Jurevicius

mikalax2

I think Jurevicius is our answer to the hole at the # 2 spot. He is big with good hands and most importantly makes big plays. He did it with Tampa and now with Seattle as well. He also will not demand nearly as much money as some other FA receivers out there. The only thing that worries me at all about him is that he's had some injuries, but overall I still want him and think he could be the final piece to make our offence great. Thoughts?????

except that he has the speed to be a deep threat. the one qualifier with Joe is that early in his career he was a guy that got injured a lot, but he has seemingly overcome the injury bug the past couple of years.

If Joe Jurevicius has the speed to be a deep threat, then what receiver doesn't have the speed to be a deep threat?

He could be a great guy to have as a stop gap player for 2-3 years. I think he is in his early 30s

If we could find a diamond in the rough type in the 3rd or 4th round (which is very possible), allow them to develop and have JJ, that would be a better long term move then busting the bank for a Reggie Wayne

Although adding a Reggie Wayne would make us a legit threat for Miami next year

Guest sith lord
except that he has the speed to be a deep threat. the one qualifier with Joe is that early in his career he was a guy that got injured a lot, but he has seemingly overcome the injury bug the past couple of years.

He has the speed to be a deep threat? Yeah, right.

I really think we should get him his age didn't look to be geting to him at all he is playing at the end of the season in the superbowl and making great plays we should definetly sign him to go along with moss and then develop some younger WR as the years go on to replace him. He could really make this offense go his height and speed give him a great advantage over 2nd layer DBs. ON TOP OF THAT THE GUY WHEN OPEN HAS GLUE FOR HANDS EVERY OFFENSE NEEDS A GUY CONSITENLY ALWAYS CATCH THE BALL.

He IS a deep threat, just because he is really big and can outfight DBs for the ball. Also, who in their right mind would double team him with Santana on the other side?

I would like to see it. He is actually a few months younger than Patten, if that means anything.

Height: 6-5

Weight: 230

Born: 12/23/1974

College: Penn State

NFL Experience: 8

All the hype that has been said about Wayne and Randle El, JJ is the guy we need!! He will cost, but not break the bank. He is good for 40 or 50 catches, doubling all our WR's except Moss. Every time he caught the ball tonight, you could just see confidence from him. Sign this guy! He has at least 3 years of solid football in him.

I agree I think Jurevicius is a perfect fit for us he's big, tough, has good hands, and is a good blocker...When I look at Jurevicius he reminds me of Ed McCafferey that used to play w/the Broncos...A late bloomer as a WR b/c he is now just coming into his own at 30 but he still has alot left in the tank...

I wanted to try and find something wrong with him and your idea and put this thread to rest simply because I am in a fowl mood because the Redskins weren't in the SB.

But, I couldn't. There's not a damn thing wrong with him and there is no reason why he wouldn't be able compliment our offense nicely. But you know there will be people who are going to pick your idea apart. ;)

I think he's a VERY VERY nice fit. His only downside is that he's been a number 3 most of his career and that he's already in his 30s. But other than that, he's a perfect fit!

Another nice fit would be Keenan McCardell. A SOLID number 2 with excellent chemestry and experience with Mark Brunell!

I think he's a VERY VERY nice fit. His only downside is that he's been a number 3 most of his career and that he's already in his 30s. But other than that, he's a perfect fit!

Another nice fit would be Keenan McCardell. A SOLID number 2 with excellent chemestry and experience with Mark Brunell!

I agree JJ is a nice fit.

As far as McCardell, he signed an extension with the Chargers.

Name 2 big plays he made with Tampa.

James Thrash had as many 40+ yard catches last year as Joe Jurevicius did in his entire 3 year stay at Tampa.

I guess you must have missed out on the 2002 playoffs. Jurevicius was making clutch catches the whole postseason, while he was worried for his premature born son. Him and Brad Johnson made some huge plays and helped crush the 49ers, Eagles (@Philly) and the Raiders.

Archived