Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want Jurevicius

mikalax2

I too think he is a good fit and a Gibbs-kind-of guy, but I'm sure that Seattle wants him back, and he can't be too fond of wanting to move again, especially not after the season he just had.

What about Keenan McCardell...he's the same kind of player...too expensive?? (I'm not a free agency guru so I'm not familiar with all of the $$ issues..the draft is my thang).

I think Jurevicius is our answer to the hole at the # 2 spot. He is big with good hands and most importantly makes big plays. He did it with Tampa and now with Seattle as well. He also will not demand nearly as much money as some other FA receivers out there. The only thing that worries me at all about him is that he's had some injuries, but overall I still want him and think he could be the final piece to make our offence great. Thoughts?????

Helllllll NO! He's not that fast anymore, he's been around awhile, and he just doesn't seem to have that athletic ability to go up and get the ball. Hassey threw one that I was sure he'd go up and get, and he didn't. With Patten coming back, the Redskins just need to get a young guy they can groom to be a good #3, and challenge for #2. Our #2 receiver also must be fast, like Patten, and I don't think JJ is that fast. TJacobs I don't think is the answer... at least he hasn't shown it in a game yet. But it could also be tunnel-vision eyes Brunell too..

Name 2 big plays he made with Tampa.

James Thrash had as many 40+ yard catches last year as Joe Jurevicius did in his entire 3 year stay at Tampa.

Well the year they went to the Super Bowl he had a 71 yard catch against the Eagles, and then 4 catches for 78 yards in the Super Bowl including a 33 yarder. Seem like big plays at the right time to me...

I really like Jurevicius but I think one of the overlooked downsides is that he has played in the west coast offense for his entire career. Even when he switches teams he continues to be productive because he knows the playbook like the back of his hand. I'm sure he could be productive in our system but the offenses are completely different and some west coast lifers struggle when switching over...just something to consider, thoughts??

Eh, I'm not exactly dying to get him. He may have only started 11 games, but he played in all of them this year. He's never had more than 706 yards, and his career average per catch is 12.9. We could probably get the same production he could give us out of Thrash or Patten, and save the money/roster spot.

I guess you must have missed out on the 2002 playoffs. Jurevicius was making clutch catches the whole postseason, while he was worried for his premature born son. Him and Brad Johnson made some huge plays and helped crush the 49ers, Eagles (@Philly) and the Raiders.

Agreed! Jurevicius was money in the post season that year, and last night he had some big catches---I wish Hasselbeck threw more to him instead of Jerramy Sissy Stevens.

I loved that play at the end when Jurevicius took a hit from a Steeler, went airborne, then landed on his feet and kept running. That was tight.

Juriviscious is a washed-up retread who will ask for more than he is worth. If Wayne is unavaiable, the Skins should and will go for value here ... Corey Bradford, Troy Walters or Kevin Johnson will do just fine.

:rolleyes:

Yeah apparently you havent watched any football this year or the superbowl.

He was the leading receiver on the Seahawks yesterday.

Sounds washed up to me. :doh:

Yea ... so he caught a few passes ... he still aint worth the money he will want. P.S. Thrash is as good or better. A decent QB (under Saunders) will turn the Skins rather pedestrian receiver corps into a highly productive unit.

He's caught more than quite a few TD passes this year as a starter.

The problem with Jurevicius, was that he was always a 3rd receiver on teams that had decent players.

If he was on the Redskins last year, he might have been the 3rd receiver behind Moss and Patten, but he is clearly better than Taylor Jacobs, James Thrash and Farris.

And even if Patten wasn't injured, he probably would have pried away the 2nd spot.

Jurevicius isn't a speed guy, he doesn't stretch the field. But he has great size, at 6'5 230lbs. He has great hands, and always makes the clutch catches when teams need it the most. He's also really great on 3rd and longs.

I'd take Jurevicius but I'd want him as our #3. He does well around talent and shows up on clutch plays which I like. We shouldn't rely on him to be our #2 even though he did do well as a starter this year. I'd like him as a role player on third downs and other clutch situations.

Archived