Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want Jurevicius

mikalax2

He could be a great guy to have as a stop gap player for 2-3 years. I think he is in his early 30s

If we could find a diamond in the rough type in the 3rd or 4th round (which is very possible), allow them to develop and have JJ, that would be a better long term move then busting the bank for a Reggie Wayne

Although adding a Reggie Wayne would make us a legit threat for Miami next year

I agree 100%. And then maybe we can find a sleeper in the later rounds. Remember Charlie Brown? Drafted from South Carolina in the 5th round in '82. He helped us get to two super bowls.

I guess you must have missed out on the 2002 playoffs. Jurevicius was making clutch catches the whole postseason, while he was worried for his premature born son. Him and Brad Johnson made some huge plays and helped crush the 49ers, Eagles (@Philly) and the Raiders.

I guess I forgot that every catch Joe Jurevicius makes is by definition a "clutch catch." My mistake.

Well the year they went to the Super Bowl he had a 71 yard catch against the Eagles, and then 4 catches for 78 yards in the Super Bowl including a 33 yarder. Seem like big plays at the right time to me...

That's pretty sad when one of the two "big plays" he had in those 3 years is a 33 yard catch that wasn't for a touchdown, or even a 3rd down conversion.

First, to the guy who said he doesnt make big plays, and that thrash has made more. When he was with tampa he dominated the playoffs, he also was very clutch with seattle, but by far the best thing I think he's done was with tampa he tipped up a ball in the endzone, turned around the other direction and then caught the ball for a touchdown. I know some of you had to see that on sportscenter, it was unbelievable.

Next to the people saying that Seattle will not let him go. It is true that they will prob want him back, but if they sign alexander to an extension and sign their great FA gaurd (forgot his name) too, then they might not be able to pay him even if he doesnt require a large check....once again....thoughts???

JJ would be a great addition at WR, as would any other similar caliber WR. A WR of that Caliber would be able to stop enemy defenses from employing the strategy of double-teaming Moss, guarding Cooley with a DB and stopping the run that enemy defenses were able to use on us. If we can add another threat at the wide receiver position, our offense becomes so much better because then no matter what defense the opposing team chooses, it will have a weakness we can attack it at.

A good solid #2 Wide Receiver would also help Patten and Thrash out quite a bit as well. Both of them are career slot receivers, and I think that is where both of them have the most potential. With two other talented receivers drawing the best defenders from the other team, they will get a lot of favorable matchups that they'd be able to convert into big plays.

David Givens is the guy we should be after bigtime..The guy is clutch with great hands and is a very big and strong wr with very good size. He also is young and getting better.. This guy did'nt have huge numbers but he was Tom Bradys sercurity blanket..

This should be target #1 at WR in free agency. He also is the guy who took Pattens job in NE. Adding him with Patten and Thrash at the 3-4 spots lets you develop a young guy or Jacobs,Brown.

First, to the guy who said he doesnt make big plays, and that thrash has made more. When he was with tampa he dominated the playoffs, he also was very clutch with seattle, but by far the best thing I think he's done was with tampa he tipped up a ball in the endzone, turned around the other direction and then caught the ball for a touchdown. I know some of you had to see that on sportscenter, it was unbelievable.

Well finally after a couple days it took 2 people combined to name 2 big plays that he made. Although, when I was talking about big plays, I meant long bombs for a TD, something JJ has maybe done once or twice in his 8 year career.

Dominated? Let's not go nuts. He averaged 3 catches for 66 yards per game, with a total of 1 TD in those 3 playoff games. Good, but hardly dominating.

If he was so dominating in Tampa, were you campaigning for him last offseason? If so, you were the only one. He was mentioned in passing a couple of times, but that was it. People were a lot more interested in Rod Gardner than him.

Funny how a mediocre season can effect's people's perception of a guy.

JJ would be a great addition at WR, as would any other similar caliber WR. A WR of that Caliber would be able to stop enemy defenses from employing the strategy of double-teaming Moss, guarding Cooley with a DB and stopping the run that enemy defenses were able to use on us. If we can add another threat at the wide receiver position, our offense becomes so much better because then no matter what defense the opposing team chooses, it will have a weakness we can attack it at.

If you want to take defenders away from those other guys, we should get a guy that draws a double team. That's not really Joe Jurevicius.

Joe is 31, and is not a long term solution. If we want an old guy, we should go for someone like Jimmy Smith or Isaac Bruce. They are just as dependable as Joe Jurevicius, but they can also challenge teams deep. Plus Jimmy Smith has chemistry with Brunell, and Isaac Bruce is familiar with Al Saunders offense.

Both of those guys would demand double coverage and stretch the field. They are career starters, while Joe Jurevicius is a career #3, even in Seattle.

I think Jurevicius is our answer to the hole at the # 2 spot. He is big with good hands and most importantly makes big plays. He did it with Tampa and now with Seattle as well. He also will not demand nearly as much money as some other FA receivers out there. The only thing that worries me at all about him is that he's had some injuries, but overall I still want him and think he could be the final piece to make our offence great. Thoughts?????

mmmm mmm crack. I love crack.

mmmm mmm crack. I love crack.

:whew: Hard to argue with logic like that. Way to up the level of debate.

I think I'm in agreement with M.H. here. J.J. had his best year yet this past year but has toyed with retirement once or twice if I read things right in the past. He may be bigger, and has solid hands, but does he bring that needed attention to him that will open up Moss, ( the before mentioned double team),? Probably not. And is he a good a threat as Patten? Tough to say since we didn't get the chance to see Patten that much. Besides, the team already has a guy similar to Joe out there, only he plays Hback. Think about that for a moment and how that changes the complexion of things for defenses and what may be demanded out of a number 2. Especially now that Saunders is O.C. and how that may change things.

I think Jurevicius would be a solid addition to the Redskins. He, Moss and Cooley would form a dangerous trio.
i have a name that hasnt been brought up....................freddie mitchell,now b4 u say what brand of glue i am sniffing hear me out: sure he didnt do well in philly,but with sanders he could have a revived career,eddie kennison did well in his system,and freddie isnt even 30 yet right?:2cents:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, JJ is a beast!!! All this talk about Seattle re-signing him is BS, Seattle has 6 offensive starters they have to re-sign, I doubt JJ is top priority on that list. The problem with Joe is not his age, he has at least 3 good years left in him which is plenty of time for us to find a young WR in free agency; the problem is now that Seattle went to the SuperBowl there are probably several other teams who would be looking to retain his services. If only he played for San Fran!!

Guest ComebackKing

I love how a player does something in a big game and I read about how he should be a Redskin next year... It's getting quite funny I can almost predict who I'm going to be reading who should be a REdskin as soon as he makes a big play.

JJ will not be leaving Seattle last I heard he had 2 more years there...

And I am happy there are no more football games but oh no the pro bowl... I'm going to hear why we should trade for Steve Smith and Michael Vick.

Archived