Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Metallica song (joining the trend)

Mr. S

sweet, I'm just glad no one said "Until it Sleeps" seems like everyone who claims to be a Metallica fan but really isn't says that is their best. I always feel like breaking something when someone tries to glorify that song, it doesn't come close to any of their pre black album days.

sweet, I'm just glad no one said "Until it Sleeps" seems like everyone who claims to be a Metallica fan but really isn't says that is their best. I always feel like breaking something when someone tries to glorify that song, it doesn't come close to any of their pre black album days.

I think the black album gets kind of a bad rap. I thought that was a good album.

Whiskey In The Jar is a cover of an old Irish folk song. It's not an original Metallica song. The entire Garage Days, Inc. album was cover songs.

Really? I had no idea it was cover songs. I thought they wrote Die,Die, Die and whiskey in a jar. I'm so disapointed. :doh: Cmon brother, you think people on here discussing Metallica would not know that.

This Misfits wrote Die My Darling, on the Garage Days album, it shows the original artists. They were all taken from great artists though.

After hearing the original Thin Lizzy version of Whiskey in the Jar, I definitely like that more, it was to have a folk/celtic feel to it, and I am a fan of making things heavy, but Metallica didnt keep the folk feel to it I feel.

I hate it when people talk about the black album starting the sell out era of Metallica. Too many people just want to hate on musicians for getting better. The whole band worked on vocals and instruments before making this album. It's hands down the best most technical album they ever did. Why hate them for it. It's called evolving, not selling out. You have the same thing going on with Green Day. People are calling the sellouts because they're mainstream now. Get over it. This is the best album Green Day has ever put out as well.

A friend of mine hates on new Metallica and I asked him if it was a different band would he listen to them and he said probably, he just likes the old heavier stuff better. I said how sad would that be, 40yr olds still screaming and raping instruments just to make you happy, give them a break they grew up. If you're in the mood for the old stuff there is a wonderful invention called a CD get it out and play it then when your old ass neck starts aching from all the head banging put in some of the new stuff and appreciate it for what it is.

I hate it when people talk about the black album starting the sell out era of Metallica. Too many people just want to hate on musicians for getting better. The whole band worked on vocals and instruments before making this album. It's hands down the best most technical album they ever did. Why hate them for it. It's called evolving, not selling out. You have the same thing going on with Green Day. People are calling the sellouts because they're mainstream now. Get over it. This is the best album Green Day has ever put out as well.

A friend of mine hates on new Metallica and I asked him if it was a different band would he listen to them and he said probably, he just likes the old heavier stuff better. I said how sad would that be, 40yr olds still screaming and raping instruments just to make you happy, give them a break they grew up. If you're in the mood for the old stuff there is a wonderful invention called a CD get it out and play it then when your old ass neck starts aching from all the head banging put in some of the new stuff and appreciate it for what it is.

I agree.

One

Ain't my *****-gets me fired up.

Archived