Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any love for your NFC Teammates?

Chief Seattle

I may be asking alot, but, are any of your RedSkins fans wishing the Hawks well? We sure could use it.

As you know, everyone is saying the Steelers are 4 piont favs. Sooooo, if you feel like backing your fellow NFC teammate's, that would be awsome!

The so-called experts say the NFC was the weakest of the two confrences, but I think that most of you don't believe that.

Take care, and see you all next season! You guy's rock!

Actually, I do believe that the NFC is a weaker confrence this year, The Redskins had a good season and we beat teams with winning records.

But we couldn't beat any AFC teams this year or last year.

Then you factor in the fact that an AFC # 6 seed is a four point favorite over the NFC's #1 seed and there you have it.

On another note: Some of your tailgating fans treated our tailgating fans like :pooh:, SOOO GOO Steelers!!!! :cheers:

I worked in the Burgh for awhile, great city full of football fans! They know their stuff and our loyal to the Steelers every yr, I respect their fans and hope they win one for the Bus. Also, I hate the Seahawks, loathe them, they are right behind our division rivals. So having said that, anyone notice that the team to lose the SB for the past few yrs has been awful the next yr? Well, I hope that happens to the Sealadies. Burn and rot, Alexander and Hasselback are names I cant say on here!

i'm rooting for pittsburgh, especially after stevens (?) made that comment about bettis' story coming to a harsh end when he loses...

for a player to be so arrogant when he had a sub-par year on a team with one of the easiest schedules of the year and from a town known for losing...well i just can't root someone like that, i might as well admire pastabelly

I am 100% behind the Seahawks in this one. Many, many reasons:

1. Sorry, I can't stand Jerome Bettis. For all the talk of how Ray Lewis dances after every tackle, every time Jerome Bettis picks up a 3rd and 2 he beats his chest and struts around like he just cured cancer. I remember one game last season when he had 3 TDs and 2 yards rushing. I hate the fact that his team gets all the way to the 1 yard line, then he comes in and gets 36 inches and all the announcers gush over him and show his folks in the stands. No one in the NFL gets more undeserved credit, except maybe Adam Viniteiri. The guy can't even keep himself in shape! I mean come on, that's your freakin' job!

2. I hate it when teams talk about being "blue collar". Football players make millions and millions of dollars. There isn't a single "blue collar" player in the whole league. Forget about a team.

3. Pittsburgh has won four Super Bowls, and several World Serieses. Seattle has never won anything. Share the wealth.

4. I'm tired of hearing about how much better the AFC is than the NFC, even though the AFC keeps winning Super Bowls by 3 points. If the Seahawks win, maybe we can put that ridiculousness to rest.

5. The Seahawks went 13-3, the Steelers went 11-5. They were lucky to even make the damn playoffs. I want a real champion to emerge.

6. The Redskins lost to the Seahawks in the playoffs. Therefore, if the Seahawks win, at least the Redskins got beat by the best team. Also, the Redskins beat the Seahawks in the regular season. It's always cool when you have a win over the Super Bowl Champion.

7. The Seahawks are getting hit with the same, "this team doesn't have a chance" crap the Redskins were hearing all year. If the media gets one more chance to look stupid, I'm all for it.

I agree so much with this list. LOL @ the blue collar thing; it's as ridiculous as J-Lo claiming she's "from da block".

I'd replace #1 with Joey Porter, though. I don't mind Bettis, but Porter is such a boisterous, arrogant jerkwad. I hope Jeramy Stevens knocks him the eff out.

Everyone I know is rooting for the Steelers. Nothing against the Seahawks, it just doesn't appear as if their team has really captured the imagination of many neutral fans.

One thing I have heard from a number of people is the thought that the Steelers had to play much tougher teams from the AFC to reach the Super Bowl and that this game might not be that close.

Polamalu has been playing great for two seasons now...he had 5 more tackles, 3 more picks and 4 more passes defensed last season. And he played well in limited action in his rookie season. If you haven't heard of Polamalu until now, you simply aren't a fan of the game. Sorry herrmag, but its true.

Taylor definitely has the physical skills to be much better than Troy, but methinks Polamalu is a smarter football player. One of the only knocks on Taylor coming out of school was that he relied almost totally on his instincts and ball-hawking skills instead of play-recognition and film study. At UM, this was okay because the level of competition was vastly inferior, but in the NFL, this is not the case. GW is slowly changing this aspect of Taylor's game, and when he finally comes around (I hope next season), he will be next to unstoppable. But this is the main reason Taylor was burnt this year...he relied too much on instinct. I don't know if Taylor will ever be the kind of player that picks a WR's brain, but I don't know if he needs to either. :whoknows:

Let's just hope he stays out of jail!! :)

Oh, and to the original poster -- I'm going with my boy Grimm...the Hogs connection is stronger than any NFC connection. I never bought that though...EFF the rest of the NFC -- I figure its only natural to route for the AFC, seeing as how the Skins are in direct competition for playoff spots and playoff seeding with the rest of the NFC...:2cents:

Timmy Smith was a poor comparison. My apologies. He's a good player, no doubt. My point was that the media latches onto a player for the SB, and this year it's him. He's had a career year. But why wasn't he so prominant last year, despite his good season?

I've seen worse fans:applause:

Thats funny -- I seem to remember our fans traveling very well when we played SB's in California. Completely across the country and there we were -- out in droves. How well did Seawhore fans travel again ?? This game might as well have been at Heinz Field.

I've said it all year long and I'll say it again here.....seawhores were WAY overrated. They (without a doubt) had the easiest road to a Super Bowl of any team in NFL history. Nevermind the regular season (which has been talked about at nauseium over the past month). What about their playoff run. Two wins against teams playing 4 or more consecutive road games leading up to their trips to Qwest ?? Neither opponent had a healthy RB. Both opponents lost crucial DE's. Hell, we were a walking mass unit and were still in position to win that game in the second half.

Pitt came out as flat as a team could for a SB. They reminded me a lot of the '83 Skins. They came out and sleep-walked through the 1st half -- their heads had been infiltrated by all that talk of the AFC's superiority. They (like the 83 skins) looked very "comfortable" and had lost their edge. The difference in these two games? Well, the skins were playing a Raider team (who was a MUCH bigger underdog than Seattle was) that capitalized on our flat performance and pounded us into the ground. And Pitt was playing.......well......seattle :) . Pitt did everything they could to hand the seawhores the game in the 1st half and what does seattle do? Piss down their legs. By the way --- My prediction for the game was off by 3 points......you can look it up in my previous posts. So where is everyone that said I was crazy again? I'm looking for you guys but can't seem to find ya :)

By the way -- enjoy this trip to Detroit seawhore fans......because if you think you are getting back to the SB you are :dunce: :insane:

Archived