Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any love for your NFC Teammates?

Chief Seattle

But this guy has been playing great all year. His game IMO is above our own #21. Granted Polamalu is a SS and Taylor is listed at FS. And we could debate about this forever but I will give two examples.

Polamalu has been playing great for two seasons now...he had 5 more tackles, 3 more picks and 4 more passes defensed last season. And he played well in limited action in his rookie season. If you haven't heard of Polamalu until now, you simply aren't a fan of the game. Sorry herrmag, but its true.

#1. Pittsburgh @ Indy regular season.

The play had a receiver run up the middle of the defense and then cut accross the middle with Polamalu in coverage. When I watched it in the slow motion replay you could tell Troy recognized the route and jumped it resulting in the INT. Peyton Manning doesn't throw garbage and Troy was trailing the receiver, but with his back to the QB he turned when the receiver did and it was a beautiful INT.

#2. Oakland @ Washington

I can't remember the exact dynamics of the play but ST was on R. Moss and Moss fell down on a possible TD play. But the thing that disturbed me was that Sean (seeing R. Moss fall) immediately pulled up and started jawing at him. If he was in a true football mindset he would have tried to go for the pick. Sean has a LB mindset, I just hopes he listens to those who try to coach him.

I heard once that Polamalu continually picks Hines Ward brain to teach him how to cover WR's. I hope Sean will do the same.

Taylor definitely has the physical skills to be much better than Troy, but methinks Polamalu is a smarter football player. One of the only knocks on Taylor coming out of school was that he relied almost totally on his instincts and ball-hawking skills instead of play-recognition and film study. At UM, this was okay because the level of competition was vastly inferior, but in the NFL, this is not the case. GW is slowly changing this aspect of Taylor's game, and when he finally comes around (I hope next season), he will be next to unstoppable. But this is the main reason Taylor was burnt this year...he relied too much on instinct. I don't know if Taylor will ever be the kind of player that picks a WR's brain, but I don't know if he needs to either. :whoknows:

Let's just hope he stays out of jail!! :)

Oh, and to the original poster -- I'm going with my boy Grimm...the Hogs connection is stronger than any NFC connection. I never bought that though...EFF the rest of the NFC -- I figure its only natural to route for the AFC, seeing as how the Skins are in direct competition for playoff spots and playoff seeding with the rest of the NFC...:2cents:

It's better that the Hawks win for the Redskins because then we got beat by the best team in the league. The Seahawks schedule didn't impress me, but beating the Redskins was a major accomplishment.

Who cares

We lost in the playoffs - an accomplishment regardless

Go Steelers

I hope the Seahawks get killed

Geez,

A ton of animosity against the NFC Champs. You'd think they beat the 'Skins. Wait, they did!

But of course, 'Skins fans (being so cool and collected and not at all stuck-up and self-rightous:rolleyes: ) take it in stride [well some of them do].

Seahawks :notworthy

Geez,

A ton of animosity against the NFC Champs. You'd think they beat the 'Skins. Wait, they did!

But of course, 'Skins fans (being so cool and collected and not at all stuck-up and self-rightous:rolleyes: ) take it in stride [well some of them do].

i changed my mind...STEELERS 45 seagirls -13....yep negative! its never been done, first time for everything. D BAG

Geez,

Unfortunately, fans like you are the reason some fans have switched from rooting for the Seahawks to against them. If you read the responses, some (not all), tell you outright that they'd be rooting for Pittsburgh regardless (unless it's the Redskins of course). My reply as above:

In a nutshell.. rooting for Pittsburgh ONLY because I'd like to see Bettis get a ring.

That said... I hope it's an entertaining game and will hold my interest throughout (i.e., not a blow out by either side).

If Seattle wins.. that's okay too. It'll just show me how close we really were. Our game against you guys could have been ours for the taking. And unlike a lot of people, I think the worst thing that happened was that Shaun Alexander was knocked out of the game. The Redskins haven't had trouble with him and with him in, we shut down the running game.

Pittsburgh may just take a look at our defense against Alexander. I'd be worried if they do.

What is truly unfortunate in my mind is that Seattle, when an AFC team, was my "AFC" team. I love the town. I love the city. When they got the team it was only "right" to adopt them as my AFC team (of course as long as they didn't play my Skins).

But some of the fan behavior I heard about from people on this board AT the game with Washington and from two friends of mine who were there really made me lose respect for the fans. Not the team.

If they were playing Oakland, I'd be rooting for Seattle. It just so happens that I respect Bettis and what he's done and I'd like him to get a ring.

Don't take that opinion as self-righteous. If you guys (you and the person starting the thread) didn't want to attitude, why come looking for it? Have you already become bored over on your own boards? Geesh.

If the Redskins were in the Super Bowl, we'd be nowhere but here... 24/7. We sure wouldn't be visiting other teams sites to "look for love" or stir up trouble. We'd be basking in the fact we were still playing football.

i changed my mind...STEELERS 45 seagirls -13....yep negative! its never been done, first time for everything. D BAG

:laugh: You see my man why in the world would you root for the Seahawks I mean the way they trashed us on their board leading up to our div. round game they are the most classless, arrogant fans I have seen. I hope the Steelers stomp a mudhole in them :mad:

:laugh: You see my man why in the world would you root for the Seahawks I mean the way they trashed us on their board leading up to our div. round game they are the most classless, arrogant fans I have seen. I hope the Steelers stomp a mudhole in them :mad:

I've seen worse fans:applause:

I think the Steelers can be had....Cincy had some good offense against them. Also, Seattle can stop the run....I don't know that Big Ben can keep it going.

The only weakness I see for Seattle is...none, really.

There's your love.

I am 100% behind the Seahawks in this one. Many, many reasons:

1. Sorry, I can't stand Jerome Bettis. For all the talk of how Ray Lewis dances after every tackle, every time Jerome Bettis picks up a 3rd and 2 he beats his chest and struts around like he just cured cancer. I remember one game last season when he had 3 TDs and 2 yards rushing. I hate the fact that his team gets all the way to the 1 yard line, then he comes in and gets 36 inches and all the announcers gush over him and show his folks in the stands. No one in the NFL gets more undeserved credit, except maybe Adam Viniteiri. The guy can't even keep himself in shape! I mean come on, that's your freakin' job!

2. I hate it when teams talk about being "blue collar". Football players make millions and millions of dollars. There isn't a single "blue collar" player in the whole league. Forget about a team.

3. Pittsburgh has won four Super Bowls, and several World Serieses. Seattle has never won anything. Share the wealth.

4. I'm tired of hearing about how much better the AFC is than the NFC, even though the AFC keeps winning Super Bowls by 3 points. If the Seahawks win, maybe we can put that ridiculousness to rest.

5. The Seahawks went 13-3, the Steelers went 11-5. They were lucky to even make the damn playoffs. I want a real champion to emerge.

6. The Redskins lost to the Seahawks in the playoffs. Therefore, if the Seahawks win, at least the Redskins got beat by the best team. Also, the Redskins beat the Seahawks in the regular season. It's always cool when you have a win over the Super Bowl Champion.

7. The Seahawks are getting hit with the same, "this team doesn't have a chance" crap the Redskins were hearing all year. If the media gets one more chance to look stupid, I'm all for it.

Geez,

Thanks to this post, I have changed my mind!

GO Steelers!!!

Archived