52 members have voted

1. 1. what will you do til preseason?

• watch the wizards
    • watch the caps
    • watch the nats
    • go to sleep til july
    • watch nfl network reruns
    • try to take mel kipers job

twa, in response to a quote from Sheehan, says that Sheehan's son died protecting his brothers in arms. While true, he damn well knows that's not how she meant it. He's just ignoring that fact.

How did she mean it?

She's either going to say he died because Bush is a (insert rant here), he died for oil, or he died for Isreal.

Casey died for his friends. He reenlisted (knowing he'd be sent to Iraq) so his friends wouldn't have to do what he did by themselves. When he died, he was on a rescue mission he volunteered for.

Casey died for doing something he believed was right.

I have yet to see anything from Cindy that suggest she respects that

CD, I think people hate her because she's said some deplorable things. Does the fact that she's a liberal make some conservatives take out more venom against her than if she were a conservative, maybe. But look at who you are defending--I just don't think she's worthy of it.

I'm exactly sure how WWII has anything to do with this...

Also, how much exoneration does Saddam need before people are going to stop blaming him for 9/11? Yeah, he's an evil guy. There are lots of evil people in the world. Not all of them had a hand in 9/11. Maybe it's only the ones who are politically convenient.

WWII has nothing to do with this. I was drawing a comparison to demonstrate the mental sickness of cindy sheehan. Saddam may or may not have had a hand in 9/11. I dont know that and you dont know that. Knowing the history of saddam which you know, with killing tens of thousands of children, women, men with chemical gasses I think its a good assumption to make, because you know why???????? If wrong about him involved in 9/11 and you go and pull his dumbass out of a hole, It still proves to be a good decision. Would you make the argument that saddam had nothing to do with terrorist? How do you classify a man that runs test chemicals through childrens lungs to see what happens? Do you think its in the United states best interest to leave Iraq? Where should we go to fight the terrorist? Or maybe youre with cindy sheehan, maybe we should come home and fight the terrorist here. Is that what you want? I'm confused. What would be the right thing to do? you tell me your master plan.

How did she mean it?

She's either going to say he died because Bush is a (insert rant here), he died for oil, or he died for Isreal.

Casey died for his friends. He reenlisted (knowing he'd be sent to Iraq) so his friends wouldn't have to do what he did by themselves. When he died, he was on a rescue mission he volunteered for.

Casey died for doing something he believed was right.

I have yet to see anything from Cindy that suggest she respects that

I don't disagree with you that he died for those reasons. Twa just took a quote and twisted it to fit his beliefs. Sure, he died for his fellow comrades, but what Sheehan was basically saying is that he shouldn't have died, given that the war he died in was wrong. Yeah, she was being cheap in stating it like that, obviously trying to illicit an emotional reaction, but that was nowhere near as cheap as twa twisting her words.

Hell, I'm not even really a Sheehan supporter. I actually disagree with what she says more or equally as often as I agree. I'm just sick of the right pulling BS like this, pretending that they're so morally and ideologically superior. It's garbage, and it shouldn't be tolerated.

CD, I think people hate her because she's said some deplorable things. Does the fact that she's a liberal make some conservatives take out more venom against her than if she were a conservative, maybe. But look at who you are defending--I just don't think she's worthy of it.

I'm not defending her, per se. I'm just sick and tired of the right pulling **** like this. You can point out as many flaws as you want with her, they're certainly there. There's no reason to twist her words.

I'm not defending her, per se. I'm just sick and tired of the right pulling **** like this. You can point out as many flaws as you want with her, they're certainly there. There's no reason to twist her words.

Pulling what exactly? Enforcing rules.

The shame......

WWII has nothing to do with this. I was drawing a comparison to demonstrate the mental sickness of cindy sheehan. Saddam may or may not have had a hand in 9/11. I dont know that and you dont know that. Knowing the history of saddam which you know, with killing tens of thousands of children, women, men with chemical gasses I think its a good assumption to make, because you know why???????? If wrong about him involved in 9/11 and you go and pull his dumbass out of a hole, It still proves to be a good decision. Would you make the argument that saddam had nothing to do with terrorist? How do you classify a man that runs test chemicals through childrens lungs to see what happens? Do you think its in the United states best interest to leave Iraq? Where should we go to fight the terrorist? Or maybe youre with cindy sheehan, maybe we should come home and fight the terrorist here. Is that what you want? I'm confused. What would be the right thing to do? you tell me your master plan.

Oh, you were demostrating the mental illness of Cindy Sheehan by saying she would support Hitler. You know, because obviously there is so much information out there corroborating that, right? :rolleyes:

No, Saddam DID NOT HAVE A HAND in 9/11. Quit it with this may or may not bull****. He didn't, and you're going to have to come to terms with that. Like I said, he's an evil guy, but not every evil guy was involved with 9/11.

I think it was in America's best interests to have never gone into Iraq at all, OK? I don't have a master plan, that's not my job. And just like that's not my job, it's not America's job to go around the world and forcefully topple every corrupt regime. Hell, if it is, then when are we going to take down Saudi Arabia?

Pulling what exactly? Enforcing rules.

The shame......

No no no, that's not what I meant. She should have been removed, unless her side of the story is true. What I'm talking about is the constant word-twisting, double standards, and selective thinking/memory/knowledge on the part of the right. You know damn well what I'm talking about, because you've been damn well guilty of it on many occasions.

Oh, you were demostrating the mental illness of Cindy Sheehan by saying she would support Hitler. You know, because obviously there is so much information out there corroborating that, right? :rolleyes:

No, Saddam DID NOT HAVE A HAND in 9/11. Quit it with this may or may not bull****. He didn't, and you're going to have to come to terms with that. Like I said, he's an evil guy, but not every evil guy was involved with 9/11.

I think it was in America's best interests to have never gone into Iraq at all, OK? I don't have a master plan, that's not my job. And just like that's not my job, it's not America's job to go around the world and forcefully topple every corrupt regime. Hell, if it is, then when are we going to take down Saudi Arabia?

I cant help you. Youre stuck on stupid.

Sheehan was not the only person arrested

T-Shirts Get Women Kicked Out of State of the Union

Cindy Sheehan Arrested; Wife of GOP Congressman Asked to Leave

WASHINGTON (Feb. 1) -- Cindy Sheehan, mother of a fallen soldier in Iraq, wasn't the only one ejected from the House of Representatives gallery for wearing a T-shirt with a war-related slogan that violated the rules.

Beverly Young, wife of Rep. C.W. Bill Young, R-Fla., was removed from the gallery because she was wearing a T-shirt that read, "Support the Troops - Defending Our Freedom."

The Rest

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060131204009990009&ncid=NWS00010000000001

She kind of reminds me of the parents of Terri Schiavo.

You know, distraught and not thinking clearly, even after a couple of years had passed.

I clearly remember how all the Republican posters on this board were ripping into Terri's mom and dad for hogging the spotlight and refusing to shut up.

She kind of reminds me of the parents of Terri Schiavo.

You know, distraught and not thinking clearly, even after a couple of years had passed.

I clearly remember how all the Republican posters on this board were ripping into Terri's mom and dad for hogging the spotlight and refusing to shut up.

Cause these things don't deserve to be news stories. The media makes them bigger than they need to be.

All???????????

Whoops! My bad. I meant all as in "y'all" not as in "every single one of you." I well recall you being one of the voices of reason during the Schaivo debate.

That said, do you see a parallel here Kilmer?

There is one big difference: I didn't hate the Schaivos and wish them dead, I just felt sorry for them.

A parallel mostly in the overplay by the media desperate for a face to go with their prewritten story.

But I can see some there for sure.

I also dont believe for a minute that she didnt think her shirt would cause a problem. She was a sympathetic character at one time. Now she's a leader of the ultra left (farther than anyone on this board) lunacy. I would expect similar actions by the police if a right wing nutbag wore a shirt talking about the number killed at Waco or Ruby Ridge.

It wouldn't if she was a Republican, right?

You all don't hate her because she's crazy; you hate her because she's liberal and crazy. Well newsflash for everyone, your side has 'em too, and they're usually a whole hell of alot worse.

Can you interpret our dreams too, Dr. Freud?

Archived