Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Checkout Cardinal's Fan Prediction

SmootDawg21

There aren't many Cardinal fan sites around (hmmm...), but I did find a message board on www.azcentral.com. Here is one prediction for this weeks game.

-------------------------------------------------------

Card's Fan Prediction

Cards VS Deadskins

Author: Lex (Lex)

Date: Tue., Sep. 3, '02 @ 1:44 pm

Game one. Marvin Lewis and Steve Spurrier should change the "look" of this team. But they don't suit up. We've split with Washington the last two years. Defense should be thier strong suit, could be the best linebacking crew in the league. But they are run stoppers. Single coverage on our receivers won't cut it. Our offense needs 75 yards on the ground, 4 catches by our tight ends, and 100+ yds. for Boston.

Getting Washington's new offense early, could help us, or it could hurt us. Who are Washington's receivers? Who are thier quarterback's? I can't see how players who couldn't make it anywhere, are going to be so much better in this system. I also think 'ol steve ticked off some head coaches, and I'm sure they would offer any help they could to us, to show the new kid he's not in college anymore. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year in the NFL.

We had success last year on defense against some of the best teams in football, we'll do it again. Blitz from everywhere, keep these inferior quarterbacks quessing, and making mistakes. We need 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, and we need to control Stephen Davis. I won't believe that Spurrier will commit to the run till I see it. We could get 4 turnovers off these guys. CARDINALS WIN: 24-21.

Luck is being prepared when opportunity knocks.

I'm pretty sure we swept them last year. Boston has not had very good games against us. If anyone makes Champ look good, it's Arizona. We are what, seven point favorites at home? We should be.

This is our one 'easy' game early in the season, if there is such a thing. We had better come away with a win or it could mean a long season.

"I also think 'ol steve ticked off some head coaches, and I'm sure they would offer any help they could to us, to show the new kid he's not in college anymore. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year in the NFL."

So that's what happened back then.... somebody tell Q and the rest. Give 'em another reason.... I thought they just sucked.

:rolleyes: ( in case any boys fans show up? Yea I know... there is that 1... still sucked though).

I just don't see Gruden or Mooch or Cowher suddenly dropping their game plans and going ;"Wait! Must help what's his name in Arizona against that evil S.S." :rolleyes::cheers:

Who are Washington's receivers? Who are thier quarterback's? I can't see how players who couldn't make it anywhere, are going to be so much better in this system.

I've been checking out a lot of boards and this is a comon view. No one understands Rod Gardner's potential. They don't get that Shane is a capable QB even if he is not a great one. And they all assume we will abandon the run.

Most people seem to think Spurrier showed his entire playbook in the pre-season and that he did so to stroke his ego. :jerkoff: Thay also think the fun N gun is just the run N shoot. :doh:

But the biggest thing I have seen from our opponents fans is that they have forgoten ALL about our D.:laugh: Boy are they going to be in for a shock!

:cheers:

Gosh, the guy predicts multiples sacks, fumbles, interceptions, a hundred yard game for his receiver, five catches for his tight end, nearly a hundred yards in the running game and then says if they can do all that they might win 24-21. That rings eerily of confidence, doesn't it?:rolleyes:

Why is that our QB sucks but Jake Plummer is a media darling?! He has 22 more int's than TD's yet he get's the benefit of the doubt, year in and year out. He's a great QB that just had an off year.

Hell, I think Matthews has a better QB rating than Plummer as well but our QB sucks! :hammer:

Don't know what this guy is smoking in Arizona, but it must be pretty good. :jerkoff:

The only reason we split with them two years ago is b/c of a freak fumble return for a TD, and that just took the wind out of our sails.

Cards suck and so does Bidwell. P:puke:

Deal with it!

Gentleman (and ladies), this is what you call whistling through the graveyard. Ignore it and pity the poor fool. He's stuck rooting for a team owned by Bill Bidwell that's located amongst a bunch of retirees in Phoenix who don't care about the team. Come the end of September, he'll have nothing left to do but to predict who the Cards will take with their top 5 draft pick next April . . . not that they'll be able to sign him. :)

not only did we sweep them last year, but we have won the last 3 games in a row... we are also 69-44-2 against them all-time... i don't think ANY team has a losing record against this franchise... they are a joke, however, they are improving slightly... but i see it as a mere tease to their fans... they get their hopes up only to be devestated in the end... that post was amusing... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by THiTo48

i don't think ANY team has a losing record against this franchise...

Actually, a quick check of their franchise record indicates that the have all-time winning records against the:

Akron Indians

Boston Yanks

Baltimore Colts (no, not THOSE B'more Colts)

Buffalo Bisons

Chicago Tigers

Cleveland (football) Indians

Columbus Tigers

Dayton Triangles

Detroit Heralds

Duluth Eskimos

Hammond Pros

Los Angeles Buccaneers

Milwaukee Badgers

Minneapolis Red Jackets

New Orleans Saints (but it's close)

New England Patriots (oh the shame!)

New York Yanks

Tennessee Titans (oh the shame again!)

Rochester Jeffersons

Cincinnati (football) Reds

Seattle Seahawks (simply terrible!)

Newark Tornados

So, the bottom line is that the Cards have a winning record against only three existing NFL franchises! They were apparently something before electricity. :laugh:

But the best thing of all, that we simply must point out to our very proud and vociferous Philly phans- the Cardinals all time record against the proud Eagles?

52-52-5 :laugh:

I don't find this surprising. Arizona was 7-9 last year; we were 8-8. Obviously a lot has changed, but I think most fans are probably predicting their team will win their 1st game unless they're going up against someone who was just way better than them last year. What's the point in being a fan if you've resigned to defeat even before the year's started? The Cards are improving, but unfortunately for them they moved to the best division in football, so it will be very hard for them to make the playoffs anytime soon. If they were in a division more like the South, they'd have a chance.

I'm going on record and saying Champ shuts Boston down. The same way he shut Boston down in our last meeting. Without Boston, the Cards don't have a passing attack. I'm well aware they signed Freddie Jones, I think, but our LB's will take care of him.

They have one of the worst secondaries in the league, and have been one of the worst for a while. The only addition they made to improve the group, was signing Duane Starks who had a bad season last year. Which didn't help them much because they lost their best DB, Pat Tillman, who would rather die in Saudi Arabia then be an Arizona Cardinal. For shame! :laugh:

If we don't beat these guys, get ready for a LONG, LONG season.

Archived