Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should all be rooting AGAINST DENVER!

bryceb07

i hate the steelers, and totally despise bill cowher and everything the organization stands for. i also hate terry bradshaw, and would hate to see him have a reason to gloat. i hate denver too, but im choosing the lesser of 2 evils. big ben blows, the bus is good, but he bugs me, cowher is a total ass, and paoulamalalllamawlaabingbang needs to cut his hair. i hate the steelers and hope they suffer the biggest loss of the season.

OOOOOOOKAY

it's not what Bailey did here that bothers me. it is what he has done since going to Denver, supposedly to a place he is happy. and yet here he is 2 years later still running our organization down in the media and acting like a jerk.

and to think that at the time of the deal PORTIS was the one that was having trouble getting along with his coach, with the smell of bad blood in the air.

has anyone heard Portis run down the Broncos organization since coming to DC?

Portis has been about the REDSKINS since he came here. He left Denver behind.

Why can't Bailey do the same if he is such a consummate pro? :)

I know a lot of people carry some kind of animosity towards Champ, but I don't.

I know a lot of people are all concerned over which team got over on the other one when itg came to that trade. I don't really care. Champ made a decision for himself, and he's benefitting from it, and so are the Redskins.

When Champ was here he was class, and he was a leader. (except for the last year under Spurrier and George Whatshisname as his DC.. who can blame him.. and even then he kept it to himself,, there were some publicized incidents of him being sullen and quiet but he kept his gripes to himself, and he always played hard.)

So I will be rooting for Champ Bailey this weekend, and if the Broncos win, I'll be rooting for him in the Super Bowl.

Go get 'em Champ.

Wow! I agree with JBooma!

My wife owes me ten bucks!

Ha!

~Bang

I think people here are confusing what some of us view as Champ's post-Redskin tirades against the organization and his play FOR the Redskins from 99-03 :)

He may have carried himself with dignity and class through the Norv and Spurrier years here but he hasn't been able to rise above it in Denver.

He looked almost gleeful when asked about the Redskins struggles last year and in an interview this year couldn't even tip his hat to Joe Gibbs and say that the Skins had indeed improved in 2005.

Instead he said that 'I don't really pay attention to what they do in THAT organization anymore'............ :rolleyes:

Like he doesn't read the NFL press? :laugh:

I guarantee you that he follows how the Skins are doing. Players always measure themselves and their teams against their former club and how they are performing.

And as mentioned above, he DID in fact follow the team enough in 2004 to comment on how much they were struggling on offense, etc... :evil:

I'm rooting for Pitt because I think Cowher, Bettis and Ward deserve a Lombardi.

I wish Champ the best. He's an amazing tackler and great CB. I like Denver and I LOVE my man Clinton Portis. We are a year behind them in our growth anyway and I can live with that. I hope we see 'em next year in the big one.

This is any easy call for me -- since my brother is a diehard Chiefs fan. I'll be rooting for the Steelers. He hates the rest of the NFC East with me, so I hate the rest of the AFC West with him.

Even if I didn't side with him on the rest of the AFC West, I'd still want the Steelers to win because I'd really like to see Bettis win a Super Bowl before he retires. I'd be really happy to see a Steelers/Panthers Super Bowl. I hope the Seahawks burn. Too bad the Redskins couldn't take advantage of the turnovers when we played them. :P

Look, the Steelers are really like the Redskins sister team in the AFC, because back in the day they were the team that we always scrimmaged in camp up in Carlisle, PA. We had several trades with their organization. And, this is the big one, they kept dallass from winning Superbowls in the 70's, remember. Steelers are kinda like family.:logo::logo::logo:

:cheers: :broncosuc

I've always loved Champ. Will be rooting for Bettis and the Steelers though.

Me too, Champ is the man he wnated mad dough and for once we decided not to give it to a player, he is worth every penny denver is paying him but we could nto afford it, I like the steelers more, but in no way am i cheering for them against champ, i cheer for champ avery week, he did not do us dirty like so many people think, it was a good move on both our parts and we should be happy for both parties, champ is still the best corner in the NFL and i enjoy his play immensly

Champ is an arrogant ass. Have you not seen him interviewed since he left D.C.? The guy acts like he has a chip on his shoulder, he got burned big time this year by numerous guy's. Oh yea, that's right he was hurt...OK. I hope he is exposed again this weekend. He is the most overrated player at corner I have ever seen. And all the mediots just hang on to his jock.

Secondly, I cannot stand Denver. We gave them that game by the way.

How can you not like the Spitter over little Napolean? Cowher often wears his emotions on his sleeve, which makes him more human. Shanahan, while a good offensive mind and a decent head coach, is simply a jerk. And for those who can't understand why some of us no longer like Bailey, my explanation is very simple: If he's no longer a Skin, he's the enemy. If he leaves and trashes the organization, he's pond scum.

I was at Arizona State the same time as Jake Plummer, and met him at a few parties on campus. He never tried to "big-time" anybody, and he was always pretty cool in my book. So, I don't mind if Denver wins.

I like the Steelers style of football, and I always have liked Cowher. So, I don't mind if Pittsburgh wins.

Actually, I just don't give a rat's ass about the remainder of the playoffs, period. I'm just going to enjoy the games, content in the knowledge that my Redskins will be there next year.

Well I look at it this way, we lost to them in the regular season. If they make the superbowl then we lost to a Superbowl contender and the loss (which was a close game) doesn't seem as bad. The same goes for Seattle.

Exactly. If Seattle and Denver win, doesn't that make us look a little better, having losses to the #1 and 2 teams in the league?

And why all the personal bias against Champ? He was burnt out on the losing years, and wanted to go. Let him go. No reason to hate the man because his new team is successful. Now that he's gone, why not just let him be gone?

:chug:

i hate the steelers, and totally despise bill cowher and everything the organization stands for. i also hate terry bradshaw, and would hate to see him have a reason to gloat. i hate denver too, but im choosing the lesser of 2 evils. big ben blows, the bus is good, but he bugs me, cowher is a total ass, and paoulamalalllamawlaabingbang needs to cut his hair. i hate the steelers and hope they suffer the biggest loss of the season.

:chug: u know who i hate :chug: Colonel Sanders :chug: because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken to make you crave for it nightly SMARTASS.

I'm pulling for the Steelers or the Panthers to win the Super Bowl.

I'd like to see Cowher finally get one... and same with Bettis. How anyone can NOT like Pittsburgh is beyond me.... great football organization.

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

What is WRONG with you people who want Denver to win?? Denver is EVIL!! :laugh:

I lived in and went to high school in Denver during the "Orange Crush" years back in the 70s (when Tom Jackson was a linebacker, not the straight guy for Boomer Berman). I always was a rabid, foam at the mouth Skins fan first, and a lukewarm follower of the Donkeys a distant second. I also always had great admiration for John Elway, probably the greatest comeback QB in league history.

Having said all that .. I'm having trouble with the thought of Chump Bailey going to the Bowl before the Skins (and Clinton Portis) do! :doh:

Archived