Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What the ****! (Another Ref-Complaint Thread)

BossMayne80

I don't mean to dwell on the past but check this out, I just read that the referrees in the colts steelers game admitted they made a mistake in ruling that the paumalou interception was an incomplete pass :wtf: :whoknows: ???Whats goin on???I mean our team had several blatant calls called on or against us that may have cost us the game and or points on the board most notably the tuck call in denver game, pushed out of bounds call on the 5 yard line( which led to a touchdown)in the tampa game,and the worst one, phantom 2 point conversion in tampa game just to name a few..are we hated so bad that the league won't even acknowledge that we were cheated several times during our season??I'm sorry I just had to point that out..any input from you guys??

'Cause it was in a game involving the media-darling Colts in a nationally televised game.

And if memory serves, the video evidence only really stood out on the phantom "Force Out" in the 1st Tampa game. The tuck in Denver and the 2 pt conversion in Tampa left just enough "wiggle room" for the NFL to sweep them under the rug and not have to seriously address it as a symptom of a much greater problem.

It doesn't matter. The refs may have cost us a game or two, but our team refused to let the zebras hold us down. We went out and beat team after team, despite what the officials could do, despite long odds. Who knows, maybe next year we will get the benefit of the doubt a little more often.

Don't dwell on it man. Celebrate a tremendous season.

I had no rooting interest in the Steelers-Colts game (except for Russ Grimm being on the Steelers staff) so I feel like my opinion of the Polamalu pick is pretty unbiased. That opinion is:

Overturning that interception was the single most dreadful reversal of an originally correct call I have EVER seen. I told my co-workers when the challenge flag was thrown, "OK, this will show us how bad the NFL wants the Colts in the Super Bowl. If they overturn this, there's no question."

Well, we all know what happened. There's got to be some repercussion for officials who make such blatantly terrible calls.

Ah, well the Steelers still went on to win. .

Thats kinda what I was thinkin.. like the refs thought'''''hey our call did'nt affect the teams chances of winning so lets apologize on monday''''..it still sucks non the less because if they would have acknowledged our calls alot of mediots and nonfans would have to accept the fact that the skins could/should have won some of those close games, and I would not have to hear disgruntled giants,eagles,raiders and steelers fans talking about how much my team sucks and how the offending team beat us fair and square.:doh:

Other than the interception blown call , I don't understand the "non saftey call" when Manning is sacked in the endzone, unless they claim his forward progress was stopped. It looked like a saftey to me.

His knee came down on the one, and they usually do give the QB forward progress on those plays that are close to a safety. About the interception reversal, I don't see how the head referee can stand under that hood for TWO FRIGGIN' MINUTES and STILL come out and make the wrong call by reversing that! I was in total shock over that!

I just laughed when the ref said that it was an incomplete pass and said to myself'' these ****s want the colts to win and they are gonna try they're damndest to help them do so'', but the steelers held there asses back which what we should have done in those situations,but you have to admit one or two blown calls by the officials can alter a game dramatically....

Here you officially admitted you knew there was another "ref" thread... and yet created your own.

no the mods put that tag on there(Another Ref-Complaint Thread)I did'nt I titled the thread (''What the ****!!'') thats it..

I guess a mod added the other part I had nothing to do with that.....:2cents:

In theory based on the refs explanation, Troy P could have rolled 40 yards down the field got up and knee'd the ball out and it would have been incomplete. It was quite simply the worst reversal of any play I've ever seen. The skins had some bad calls this year, but nothing on par with this.

Go Grimm

In theory based on the refs explanation, Troy P could have rolled 40 yards down the field got up and knee'd the ball out and it would have been incomplete. It was quite simply the worst reversal of any play I've ever seen. The skins had some bad calls this year, but nothing on par with this.

Go Grimm

agreed....

And you know it's bad when, like I said, we have no rooting interest in the Steelers game -- save for Russ Grimm. It's one thing to say the Skins got hosed, we always will see it that way. But when you really don't care who's playing, and a call is that blatantly miserable; that's bad.

Ah, well the Steelers still went on to win. What a team they are, though I don't see them beating the Broncos at Mile High.

I'm just wondering what the NFL would have been prepared to do if that call reversal DID cost the Steelers the game, only to find out later that it was wrong. My guess is nothing, which only serves to show that the refs NEED to make the right call if they are going to reverse, or make no call at all. It seems that every year there are big games that are left hanging in the balance because of a botched ref call. 90% of the time I think that the refs do a great job, andI know that perfection is impossible, but they need to get these reversals correct.

Archived