Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could McCune Replace Lavar?

method man

Robert McCune is more of a MLB and not much of a tweener, unlike Lemar Marshall. I think Chris Clemons could be a suitable replacement for LaVar, but then again, so is Warrick Holdman.

If necessary I could see us kicking Marshall back to OLB and McCune to MLB. But I'm not sure that would be the case. Marshall has done very well at the MLB spot.

McCune's main problems coming out of the draft were pass coverage, reactionary skills, and tackling (used to armtackle a lot). If he has fixed 2 out of the 3 areas, I feel that he has a good shot at starting next year.

With his exceptional strength and speed (4.41), I think he has the ability to play OLB.

Williams wouldn't have okay'd drafting McCune if he didn't think he would be versatile. Williams repeatedly has stressed that he likes his linebackers to be versatile.

Right. But I can't see McCune as a full-time OLB. Plus, in the preseason scrimmage against the Ravens (Yes, I realize that was early on in the year) I was not impressed with his coverage skills. Which is something that can be hidden at the MLB spot more than it can be at the OLB spots.

Guest mwill008

Lavar will stay, he will have to re-do his contract to make it more salary cap friendly for the team. Go on redskins.com and listen to his post game comments I think he gets it now. Lavar wears his emotions on his sleeves, as he has admitted and I think he will be back next season. If not look out for Chris Clemons

No

You can't replace a 3 time pro bowl linebacker with just anyone and get the same results. The Redskins have demonstrated an ability to field a good defense without LaVar Arrington. But they have not shown that they have anybody (this includes Marshall moving back outside) that is capable of being the kind of player LaVar is when he's healthy.

If LaVar is gone, it's because he's clashed with the coaches, not because he's so easily replaceable.

Assuming that Lavar is gone (which I am not sure of considering after this year, his cap hits are low), do you think McCune is capable of replacing of Lavar with one year of Williams's playbook under his belt?

are you ****ing retarded? seriously? who let you use the computer?

Archived