Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Marcus Vick Problems...

codeorama

From my local paper...

http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-vickcharge_jan09,0,5741792.story?coll=dp-widget-news

Vick faces gun charges

An incident involving a gun at a Suffolk McDonald's is the latest in Marcus Vick's legal troubles.

Daily Press

January 9, 2006, 3:42 PM EST

SUFFOLK -- Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick has been charged with three counts of brandishing a firearm at a Suffolk McDonald's restaurant Sunday night.

Vick, 21, turned himself in at the Suffolk magistrate's office where warrants were executed, according to Suffolk police.

At 9:04 p.m. Sunday night, police received a call from the mother of a 17-year-old male reporting that Vick had pointed a weapon at her son and two others during an altercation in the parking lot of the McDonald's at 6201 Townpoint Road in Suffolk.

Police responded, interviewed witnesses and secured the three misdemeanor warrants. A $10,000 bond was set.

Brandishing a firearm is a Class 1 misdemeanor punishable by up to twelve months in jail and a $2,500 fine.

Tech president Charles Steger said in a press conference at the school Saturday that he, football coach Frank Beamer and athletic director Jim Weaver decided to dismiss Vick from the team Friday when they learned he received a speeding citation in Hampton on Dec. 17.

Vick's unsportsmanlike conduct in the Jan. 2 Gator Bowl also was cited by Tech as part of the reason for his dismissal from the team.

Beamer told Vick, a Warwick High graduate, and Vick's mother, Brenda Boddie, about the dismissal on Friday during a meeting in Newport News.

Vick announced Saturday that he was going to go pro.

"I have decided to enter the NFL draft," the junior quarterback said in a three-paragraph statement released through his lawyers. "I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to proving my athletic ability at the professional level. I believe I am ready for this challenge and the next chapter of my life."

Vick said he appreciated all the consideration and trust that Beamer had placed in him during his stay at Virginia Tech, and said "I deeply regret that I allowed my competitive emotions to take control" in the Gator Bowl.

"To all of the Virginia Tech community, I sincerely apologize."

During the game, Vick was caught on tape stomping on the left calf of Louisville All-American defensive end Elvis Dumervil after a tackle. Vick claimed it was an accident, but school officials said Saturday they thought it looked intentional.

Code, are you really surprised? Heard he was same way at Warwick.

Not at all...

We can't get a single good citizen from our area...

There's Allen "the thug" Iverson, Aaron "stick my foot in my mouth" Brooks, Ron Mexico and now Don Mexico.... Sheesh.

What a ****ing dumbass. Wonder how much guilt by association plays into his brothers image as well.

Mike's not a "great guy" himself. No, he's not on this level, but he runs a dog fighting ring and a few other assorted things. He just does a much better job of keeping out of the limelight.

Is Tyrod Taylor a "better person"

Acutally, have you guys seen him play at all?

My dad coaches baseball at Hampton High, I have been to 80% of their games over the past 5 years. I went to all the playoff games this year.

Tyrod is good, but nothing like Ronald Curry was. But he is a better person, however, his family is very "High" on Tyrod and some "Me-Itis" has started developing.

The MAN is Todd Nolan, he has a scholarship to Tech, but had to go to prep school this past year. He has been into some trouble, but my dad said even before he was exonarated (sp) that he was innocent, he had bad friends and family. Anyway, Todd is the best HS Wide receiver I've ever seen. He is just plain bad ass.

Tyrod can't read defenses, if the first guy isn't open, he just runs.

Not at all...

There's Allen "the thug" Iverson, Aaron "stick my foot in my mouth" Brooks, Ron Mexico and now Don Mexico.... Sheesh.

LOL...if Michael is Ron Mexico, only fitting that Marcus be Don Mexico. Priceless, Code! :notworthy

Not at all...

what about joe smith, bruce smith, and terry kirby?

and our very own brandon noble!

edit...i shawn springs spent a good % of his youth in williamsburg.

Mike's not a "great guy" himself. No, he's not on this level, but he runs a dog fighting ring and a few other assorted things. He just does a much better job of keeping out of the limelight.

I hope he does not fight bulldogs and if he does I am partially responsible, especially in his neck of the woods.

My dad coaches baseball at Hampton High, I have been to 80% of their games over the past 5 years. I went to all the playoff games this year.

Tyrod is good, but nothing like Ronald Curry was. But he is a better person, however, his family is very "High" on Tyrod and some "Me-Itis" has started developing.

The MAN is Todd Nolan, he has a scholarship to Tech, but had to go to prep school this past year. He has been into some trouble, but my dad said even before he was exonarated (sp) that he was innocent, he had bad friends and family. Anyway, Todd is the best HS Wide receiver I've ever seen. He is just plain bad ass.

Tyrod can't read defenses, if the first guy isn't open, he just runs.

Good to hear about Nolen. I am excited about seeing him on the field next year

You guys do have a unique view of players before they get big. I am jealous

I think though a lot of Va Beach area guys turn out just fine, its a few that can ruin a good name

Good to hear about Nolen. I am excited about seeing him on the field next year

You guys do have a unique view of players before they get big. I am jealous

I think though a lot of Va Beach area guys turn out just fine, its a few that can ruin a good name

Hampton get some really good players.

My dad really got to know Todd (who was in a few of his classes over his time at HHS) and he really wants him to overcome his homelife. Evidently, Todd's brother has put him into some really bad situations.

Regardless, on the field, he's amazing, I hope the best for him.

what about joe smith, bruce smith, and terry kirby?

and our very own brandon noble!

edit...i shawn springs spent a good % of his youth in williamsburg.

I stand corrected on Kirby, he's always been a first class guy, but the other guys were not from Hampton/Newport News, sorry, I didn't make that clear.

I can tell you that Terry Kirby and Chris Slade were nothing but class acts. Both came from a very strong family setting.

See Chris' dad all the time. He was very strict with Chris and Lemar.

I can tell you Slade was a top notch guy while in New England. Nothing but good things to day about him.

Archived