Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More Marcus Vick Problems...

codeorama

code... do you know any of the other guys from Hampton? I played with one in the all-star game played at Todd. Dominique White.. and i play with Jeremy Croom and Earnest Harvey in college at CNU... also from what i saw of Tyrod Taylor at the all-star game (he watched the practices)... he seems like he has a big arm and is quite an athlete.. hopefully tech gets him.. nolan was there and hes huge

code... do you know any of the other guys from Hampton? I played with one in the all-star game played at Todd. Dominique White.. and i play with Jeremy Croom and Earnest Harvey in college at CNU... also from what i saw of Tyrod Taylor at the all-star game (he watched the practices)... he seems like he has a big arm and is quite an athlete.. hopefully tech gets him.. nolan was there and hes huge

I know who most of the players are, but I don't know them as much on a personal level as my dad does. (most take his class at HHS) Tyrod looked like he'd be the next big thing when Todd Nolan was there, but this year, as crazy as it sounds since they won the state championship, he did not have as good a year passing. But alot of that had to do with the lack of quality receivers. The one legit criticism of Tyrod is that he doesn't have patience, if the first guy isn't open, he runs. He rarely would go to a secondary receiver. With Todd there, he could just throw the ball up for grabs and Todd would get it 99% of the time.

I'm not knocking Tyrod though, just giving honest criticism. He's fast, he's got a great arm and he pulled off the most amazing HS football play I've ever seen.

In Hampton's only loss this past year, to Phoebus, Tyrod was put into the game as a punt returner with about a minute left, HHS was losing. He caught the punt, ran to the right sideline, cut back ran all the way to the left sideline, back 30 yards behind the line of scrimmage, then ran it all the way for a TD. But the refs called a holding penalty. There was no hold, the TV replays showed that. Tyrod probably ran 180 yards total and broke 5 or 6 tackles, it would have won the game for them. I"ve never seen anything like that.

There are plenty of players from that area. I was trying to remember some names from when I was still living there, but all I could remember were already mentioned. However I did find a list of some of them here:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/football/2002-02-06-tidewater-focus.htm

You also had Ron Springs and Lawrence Taylor out of Williamsburg. We can't forget Brandon Noble is from the VA Beach area.

In early to mid-eighties, the Redskins had a guy on the team name Reggie Evans. He played mostly special teams. Reggie graduated from York High

in York County, VA.

Archived