Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The one team that scares me the rest of the way in the NFC

jbooma

Panthers.

My feelings increases tenfold today. This team is the same as us. A very good running team, one stud WR and no one else, a very good defense, great coaching etc.....

The one difference we have is Cooley, the one difference they have is Peppers.

I believe we can beat Seattle if the offense shows up, and know we can beat the bears. Carolina is the team I am scared of, and it is because we are looking in the mirror.

I'm much more worried about Chicago. We know we can stop just about any offense, especially the running game (case in point: Seattle, San Diego), but we need to worry about getting past good defenses. On the other hand, Carolina has a pretty darn good defense, too.

But they only play good on the road, Tampa almost shut them out in and easy win in NC and Dallas rushed for over 200 yards against them.

True, but Tampa needed that game more then the panthers. Carolina was running full steam ahead earlier in the season then had some bumps, but showed today they can change everything that happened earlier.

I'm much more worried about Chicago. We know we can stop just about any offense, especially the running game (case in point: Seattle, San Diego), but we need to worry about getting past good defenses. On the other hand, Carolina has a pretty darn good defense, too.

i know that we bottled up LT for 3 quarters, but it's hard to say we stopped him when he rushed for over 170 and 2 td's.

Agreed, not worried about the Bears because their offense doesn't scare me. But the Panthers have a GREAT defense and have a pretty decent offense as well. Foster played great today.

Have to say that the team that worries me most right now is Seattle. Our offense better get in gear!!!

the team im most worried about is seattle, shaun alexander is a monster (note his record breaking season) and with the way our offense played yesterday (yes, i know we had VERY conservative play calling due to the lead the defense gave the team) im hoping that the offense can show up and that the redskins can move and control the ball.

I am worried about Seattle because that is who we play next. I am not worried about either Chicago or Carolina because they play each other. The skins need the same defensive effort against Seattle as they brought against Tampa. The offense will have to generate some more points and time of possession if we are going to win this game. People need to stop wondering what every media outlet is saying and worry about how the skins are going to beat their next opponent.

Don't get me wrong Seattle does scare me, they are undefeated at home. I just feel with their D we will be able to put points on the board, and should score enough to win like a 30 to 20 type game.

Our D will have to prevent a shootout no two ways about it

Our O will have to.. do something

I am worried about The Redskins most....if we fire on all cylinders we can beat anyone.....if only 1 side of the ball shows up like yesterday, its going to get harder and harder to win. I expect Joe to put in the hours and work to get our offense back on track as it was vs Dallas and the Giants to end the season.

Every team left in the playoffs is a damn good team right now and they all deserve to be where they are at. Home or away they all are pretty scary but i think its all up to who wants it more.

I see where you are coming from though...carolina is a great team but if we played there the fans would be as much ours as theirs and delhomme is prone to turning the ball over a lot every once in awhile and our defense would do that to him just like the bears did earlier this year.

Seattle should be the focus right now...while their defense isn't as good as the Bucs, they are definitely not pushovers. Their defense is fast, and hits hard. Totapu or Tofupata or Patofu or wtf his name is in the middle is a beast. Trufant is a very solid (if not spectacular) corner, and Boulware is one of the best young safeties in the league. Their dline isn't spectacular, but Portis only mustered 90 yards last time we played. I think our running game is much better than it was in week 4, but yards on the ground are going to be hard to come by. Much easier than in Tampa, but still hard.

This will be a good game...but if our defense plays as well as it did against Tampa, the Hawks are in trouble. I think we'll see a much improved effort on offense, and we'll be able to put up 24-31 points on them. Their offense is very capable of putting up that many points, so again, our defense is going to have to step up. The only difference is that you can't really use the same game plan as in Tampa, where we just dared Simms to beat us. Hasselbeck can beat us if we do that.

Skins 31 - Hawks 28 in a thriller.

yer right jrockster77 but although portis *only* (90 yards still isnt bad) we limited alexander to only 98 so id say thats pretty even. The main thing i look at is i believe our run defense is better. And seeing as how both offense seem to need a good running game to get going it should be interesting but i honestly believe we will outlast them. I'm not sure if i'm crazy or what but i was more worried about tampa bay.

*Lofa Tatupa is a very good young linebacker and they will be tough but i think our running game will produce at least 130 yards overall against them with portis posting 100. My worst fear (against their defense) is the pressure they can put on the qb. Brunell's fumbling when hit problem is a little scary.

Archived