Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor needs to appoligize!

gibbsteam

Well "GibbbsTeam", While I respect your right to say what you believe you saw, BUt we can't assume he did spit on Pittman simply because YOU say you saw spit especially when HE says he didn't. If you look at the replay, the ref really wasn't in a position to say witout a doubt that Taylor did in fact spit on Pittman. I f he did and he lied about it to his coach, then shame on Taylor. I f he's innocent then I don't care what anybody says they saw, You (taylor) told the truth.

until i see it, i will continue to doubt. but if he did, that's f'ed up and he should apologize... but not to pittman, to the redskins. pittman can eat a bag of hell for all i care.

I'm with ya. This team's got a good thing going. Let's keep it goin on the fan side and take it to Seattle.

Sean Taylor should not apologize to Pittman, and I really hope he doesn't. Things can get heated in football, and that's exactly why that incident happened.

He might want to think about apologizing to the defense though, since that near-touchdown pass at the end of the game wouldn't have happened if he was playing.

If he had cost us the game (which he almost did since he wasn't there to defend on the Bucs non-TD), there would be many here calling for a trade.

He needs to grow up. It's getting old.

Sean Taylor is a grown ass man All yall who think you know how you would/could or should react should get a life and let that man do his job. He will have to live with tthe consequences of his actions. He made the decisions he made. Who the heck are you to say he almost cost US the game? HE's out there not any of US. He also won US the game if you're going to apply your flawed reasoning. GET OVER LET THE TEAM DEAL WITH TEAM BUSINESS. YOU DEAL WITH WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT NACHOS, WINGS OR BOTH.

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: S.T. 4 LIFE>

If Sean spat at Pittman, then Sean should apologize to Gregg Williams for lying to him. Sean should also apologize to his teammates for getting kicked out of the game and letting his teammates down.

He should not apologize to Pittman.

I'm not usually a "blame the victim" type of guy but in this one isolated case, I'm going to make an exception. Michael Pittman is scum and deserves to be spat upon and I have zero sympathy for him.

I'm going to use the Mike Carey line of thinking on this. Mike Carey decided that being spat upon was serious enough that he excused Pittman's wimp slap. So by that rational, I'm going to excuse Sean's spitting at Pittman because Pittman is such a pile of crap that being spat upon is the very least a guy like that deserves.

Enjoy watching Sean Taylor play next week Pittman, you loser.

Ok, I'm the biggest Taylor fan there is. I've defended him over and over on here concerning the spitting thing. Check my history. After pointing out where you saw it I want back to look and I hate to say this but you are right. You can clearly see spit fall between the ref's legs. Not Carey but the white ref in the background. HOWEVER, in Sean's defense, the spit got nowhere close to Pittman. It looks like he spit it and it went more vertical thing anything. I didn't see any forward motion to it. Just out and down. Closer to Taylor then Pittman. I don't know what the exact rule is but technically, Taylor didn't spit on him, just in his direction.

Ok, I'm the biggest Taylor fan there is. I've defended him over and over on here concerning the spitting thing. Check my history. After pointing out where you saw it I want back to look and I hate to say this but you are right. You can clearly see spit fall between the ref's legs. Not Carey but the white ref in the background. HOWEVER, in Sean's defense, the spit got nowhere close to Pittman. It looks like he spit it and it went more vertical thing anything. I didn't see any forward motion to it. Just out and down. Closer to Taylor then Pittman. I don't know what the exact rule is but technically, Taylor didn't spit on him, just in his direction.

Thank you....and for the record....seeing this upsets me more than anyone knows.......I am ashamed of his actions, as I am a big fan of his.....which is why I said ADMIT IT SEAN and move on please. It is a stupid mistake in the heat of battle that was very costly for the team.....Now lets go kick some a$$!!!!!!!

If Sean spat at Pittman, then Sean should apologize to Gregg Williams for lying to him. Sean should also apologize to his teammates for getting kicked out of the game and letting his teammates down.

He should not apologize to Pittman.

I'm not usually a "blame the victim" type of guy but in this one isolated case, I'm going to make an exception. Michael Pittman is scum and deserves to be spat upon and I have zero sympathy for him.

I'm going to use the Mike Carey line of thinking on this. Mike Carey decided that being spat upon was serious enough that he excused Pittman's wimp slap. So by that rational, I'm going to excuse Sean's spitting at Pittman because Pittman is such a pile of crap that being spat upon is the very least a guy like that deserves.

Enjoy watching Sean Taylor play next week Pittman, you loser.

I agree with you 100%. Taylor is a good guy for doing what he did, he just shouldn't have gotten caught.

It could have cost us the game as they never went down field when he was in the game. He should apologize to his teammates, it's the right thing to do, but whether or not he does or not really doesn't matter to me as long as he plays in seattle. One thing for sure though is that this will be handles in house as Gibbs knows what to do. He always does.

ok....if ST *arts in another player's general direction during the Seattle game........should he be banished to the bench? I demand an answer...this is eathshaking activity we are discussing and the future of our criminal justuce system is at stake.

Sean: you bad, bad boy. Some of these folks want to spank you and then send you to your room with no meal. Wise up man! Straighten up so we can get back to telling LA how he should be conducting himself!

It could have cost us the game as they never went down field when he was in the game. He should apologize to his teammates, it's the right thing to do, but whether or not he does or not really doesn't matter to me as long as he plays in seattle. One thing for sure though is that this will be handles in house as Gibbs knows what to do. He always does.

I agree in that he should apologize to his teammates...but to be honest with you if I was playing football against someone I knew was a woman batterer, and I was instigated...lets just say I don't feel sorry for Pittman. Beating a woman is only a step above child abuse in my opinion. He asked for it when he showboated after he had a big catch in the first half. Taylor was only guilty because he was caught...such things (and worse) take place on the bottom of piles routinely.

In this day and age of HD TV, a zillion video camera covering every angle and almost as many sports photographers on the sidelines as players and team officials, am I the only one wondering why no one has posted a picture of the alleged loogie flying, or striking?

The two players went mask to mask and were obviously trash talking. Is it unlikely that they were yelling or perhaps even shouting (shock horror) obsceneties at each other? Many people have mentioned Bill Cower disorder and the whole don't spray it say it thing. Both players are playing hard, both have worked up a healthy sweat. Is it possible that ST sprays when shouting? Yes. Is it possible Pittman mis interpretted this as spitting? Yes. Is it possible that ST spat? Yes. Did the Ref see it? I don't know, didn't look like he had a good angle on it, but I wasn't there.

Spit shows up pretty well on field under the lights. Close up camera angles are quite revealing. Every time a coach hawks up one on camera it's painfully visible.

So, if he did it, and I'm neither saying he did, nor didn't, where are the pictures?

As for apologies, if he did it then he prolly should apologies, it saves face. He shouldn't be suspended, he already missed part of a game, besines there's such a thing as provocation, things like this don't happen in a vaccuum. If he did do as it's alleged then a hefty fine in addition to the ejection would seem to be appropriate. As many have pointed out spiting is the least of things that happen during plays, so perhaps we should all stop worrying about it too much and get on with trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with our offensive play.

:2cents::dallasuck

NEWMAN: June 14, 1987.... Mets Phillies. We're enjoying a beautiful afternoon

in the right field stands when a crucial Hernandez error to a five run Phillies

ninth. Cost the Mets the game.

KRAMER: Our day was ruined. There was a lot of people, you know, they were

waiting by the player's parking lot. Now we're coming down the ramp ... [cut

to film of the day - like the Zabruter film - with the Umbrella man and

everything - Oh so brilliant parody!!!] ... Newman was in front of me. Keith

was coming toward us, as he passes Newman turns and says, " Nice game pretty

boy.". Keith continued past us up the ramp.

NEWMAN: A second later, something happened that changed us in a deep and

profound way front that day forward.

ELAINE: What was it?

KRAMER: He spit on us.... and I screamed out, "I'm hit!"

NEWMAN: Then I turned and the spit ricochet of him and it hit me.

ELAINE: Wow! What a story.

JERRY: Unfortunately the immutable laws of physics contradict the whole premise

of your account. Allow me to reconstruct this if I may for Miss Benes as

I've heard this story a number of times.

JERRY: Newman, Kramer, if you'll indulge me. According to your story Keith

passes you and starts walking up the ramp then you say you were struck on

the right temple. The spit then proceeds to ricochet off the temple

striking Newman between the third and forth rib. The spit then cam off

the rib turned and hit Newman in the right wrist causing him to drop his

baseball cap. The spit then splashed off the wrist, Pauses In mid air

mind you- makes a left turn and lands on Newman's left thigh. That is one

magic luggie.

[THE BRILLIANCE OF THIS SCENE IS THAT IT IS AN EXACT PARODY OF KEVIN COSTNER'S COURTROOM SCENE IN

THE FILM JFK - AND WAYNE KNIGHT PLAYED THE SAME POSITION IN BOTH!!!]

NEWMAN: Well that's the way it happened.

JERRY: What happened to your head when you got hit?

KRAMER: Well. uh, well my head went back and to the left

JERRY: Again

KRAMER: Back and to the left

JERRY: Back and to the left Back and to the left

ELAINE: So, what are you saying?

JERRY: I am saying that the spit could not have come from behind ... that there had to have been

a second spitter behind the bushes on the gravelly road. If the spitter was behind you as you claimed

that would have caused your head to pitch forward.

ELAINE: So the spit could have only come from the front and to the right.

JERRY: But that is not what they would have you believe.

NEWMAN: I'm leavin'. Jerry's a nut. [Exits]

KRAMER: Wait, wait, [Exits]

JERRY: The sad thing is we may never know the real truth.

[George runs in]

GEORGE: [Frantically] Did anybody call here asking for Vandaley industries?

http://seinfeldscripts.com/TheBoyfriend1.htm

In this day and age of HD TV, a zillion video camera covering every angle and almost as many sports photographers on the sidelines as players and team officials, am I the only one wondering why no one has posted a picture of the alleged loogie flying, or striking?

The two players went mask to mask and were obviously trash talking. Is it unlikely that they were yelling or perhaps even shouting (shock horror) obsceneties at each other? Many people have mentioned Bill Cower disorder and the whole don't spray it say it thing. Both players are playing hard, both have worked up a healthy sweat. Is it possible that ST sprays when shouting? Yes. Is it possible Pittman mis interpretted this as spitting? Yes. Is it possible that ST spat? Yes. Did the Ref see it? I don't know, didn't look like he had a good angle on it, but I wasn't there.

Spit shows up pretty well on field under the lights. Close up camera angles are quite revealing. Every time a coach hawks up one on camera it's painfully visible.

So, if he did it, and I'm neither saying he did, nor didn't, where are the pictures?

As for apologies, if he did it then he prolly should apologies, it saves face. He shouldn't be suspended, he already missed part of a game, besines there's such a thing as provocation, things like this don't happen in a vaccuum. If he did do as it's alleged then a hefty fine in addition to the ejection would seem to be appropriate. As many have pointed out spiting is the least of things that happen during plays, so perhaps we should all stop worrying about it too much and get on with trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with our offensive play.

:2cents::dallasuck

Hey look. Check my history on here. I've defended Sean on here as much, if not more, then anyone else. I wrote the Washington Post and asked them to please do an investigation before anymore of their columnist, if there are any left, condemn Sean. I was also the at story on tsn.com (sporting news website) defending Sean. If you don't believe me go to http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?p=289806 and look at the bottom for reader comments. I am ColininDC. So I ****ed and ****ed about how he didn't do it and now I feel like a fool. He did spit. You can see it when the ref (not Carey but the white one) is behind them. He takes a step and his legs are apart. You can see it fall to the ground. It's not inncidental spit either. It's a loogie. I hate to say it and I'm sorry to say it but yes Sean did spit *AT* Pittman. I still have an issue with whether a player should be ejected if he spits in the direction of a player but it doesn't hit him. That's another story though. So yeah, Sean did spit and I agree that he should apologize and just get it behind him. He is one of the most important players not just on defense but on the whole team. This needs to stop being a distraction, like yesterday.

One more thing. Did anyone else find it ironic that right after Carey announced the penalty and ejection ABC cut to a live shot of Coach Gibbs and as soon as they do he spits? So fitting.

Sorry this comes 7 hours after the last post. I just got home and I wanted to make a final comment on the matter.

"Even Gene Upshaw, the players association guy, says he did. "

Gene Upshaw there is a fine upstanding model player.

Hmm did he not play on one of the dirtiest Raider teams there has ever been?

I am sure he had a few eye gouges, spits, ect in there.

Another asshat hyprocrite.

NEWMAN: June 14, 1987.... Mets Phillies. We're enjoying a beautiful afternoon

in the right field stands when a crucial Hernandez error to a five run Phillies

ninth. Cost the Mets the game.

KRAMER: Our day was ruined. There was a lot of people, you know, they were

waiting by the player's parking lot. Now we're coming down the ramp ... [cut

to film of the day - like the Zabruter film - with the Umbrella man and

everything - Oh so brilliant parody!!!] ... Newman was in front of me. Keith

was coming toward us, as he passes Newman turns and says, " Nice game pretty

boy.". Keith continued past us up the ramp.

NEWMAN: A second later, something happened that changed us in a deep and

profound way front that day forward.

ELAINE: What was it?

KRAMER: He spit on us.... and I screamed out, "I'm hit!"

NEWMAN: Then I turned and the spit ricochet of him and it hit me.

ELAINE: Wow! What a story.

JERRY: Unfortunately the immutable laws of physics contradict the whole premise

of your account. Allow me to reconstruct this if I may for Miss Benes as

I've heard this story a number of times.

JERRY: Newman, Kramer, if you'll indulge me. According to your story Keith

passes you and starts walking up the ramp then you say you were struck on

the right temple. The spit then proceeds to ricochet off the temple

striking Newman between the third and forth rib. The spit then cam off

the rib turned and hit Newman in the right wrist causing him to drop his

baseball cap. The spit then splashed off the wrist, Pauses In mid air

mind you- makes a left turn and lands on Newman's left thigh. That is one

magic luggie.

[THE BRILLIANCE OF THIS SCENE IS THAT IT IS AN EXACT PARODY OF KEVIN COSTNER'S COURTROOM SCENE IN

THE FILM JFK - AND WAYNE KNIGHT PLAYED THE SAME POSITION IN BOTH!!!]

NEWMAN: Well that's the way it happened.

JERRY: What happened to your head when you got hit?

KRAMER: Well. uh, well my head went back and to the left

JERRY: Again

KRAMER: Back and to the left

JERRY: Back and to the left Back and to the left

ELAINE: So, what are you saying?

JERRY: I am saying that the spit could not have come from behind ... that there had to have been

a second spitter behind the bushes on the gravelly road. If the spitter was behind you as you claimed

that would have caused your head to pitch forward.

ELAINE: So the spit could have only come from the front and to the right.

JERRY: But that is not what they would have you believe.

NEWMAN: I'm leavin'. Jerry's a nut. [Exits]

KRAMER: Wait, wait, [Exits]

JERRY: The sad thing is we may never know the real truth.

[George runs in]

GEORGE: [Frantically] Did anybody call here asking for Vandaley industries?

http://seinfeldscripts.com/TheBoyfriend1.htm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived