Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor needs to appoligize!

gibbsteam

its annoying as hell. dont post the same crap over and over again, or atleast dont open an extra thread about it. post this crap in ONE (theres ONE big thread called "the sean taylor thread") thread and we're all happy. theres a reason why they merged that ****

And I agree in principal with what you're saying, but what I said still stands. And, check the rules and guidelines. No name calling. That it is common courtesy should go without saying.

Because Taylor reacted differently then what you think that means he spit? Riiight.

So let me get this straight:

Football is an emotional game. Emotional things happen, ie spit, pushing, talking trash.

BUT

Upon being ejected from a playoff game for something you don't do:

Calm, emotionless behavoir rules the day.

Sorry guys, you can't have it both ways.

And I know you (LiveStrongSkins) didn't say all those things. This is for everyone.

Funny I don't see it on my HD tv which is just as big. HD shows alot, but no spit.

Raise the BS Flag.

I concur, I've slowmo'd, rewound it, replayed, chopped it, diced it over and over again and I have yet to see spit. I think someone is trying to be a hero here. Don't be too quick to jump on the mediot bandwagon.

Also there's difference between spitting in someone's face and spitting in somones direction. If the alleged spit went between the Refs legs how did it go in Pittmans face?

Sorry fellas it just doesn't add up to me. Like I've said time and time again, Pittman was awful calm on the sideline for someone who just had spit in their face.

What I don't understand is how any of you think ST should be sit next week or even a few series by Gibbs. If he did it was wrong but did you listen to BMItch on the postgame show he said thats nothing he was spit on numourous times. I think ejecting him from a huge game was enough punishment.

This is a huge game and we need our full compliment of players every play to even have a shot to win this game..

Okay I just watched it once again, this is my final post about it. First you had the jaw jacking, then the alleged spit. From what I see it would be pretty difficult for the Ref to see spit hit Pittman. He never even looked Pittman in the face. The ref saw the slap and before the flag is even thrown Pittman is pointing at Taylor saying he was spit on. The flag was thrown after Pittman had a chance to accuse ST. Never did Pittman react as if he was spit on. Maybe ST acted as if he was going to spit on him or even spit at him but I still say that if Pittman would have been spit on his reaction would have been more drastic then what was played out both on the field and on the sidelin.

First things first, I think Pittmas shoulda been punished punching ST in the face. You're not allowed to spit on people, and you're not allowed to punch someone after the play is dead. That's a flag at least....

Secondly, is there any footage of ST on the sideline right after the play? All I remember is seeing him walking at the endzone, calm but dejected. Who knows how he was acting after the incident, on the sidelines... Was he that calm or was he upset?

I'm sure S. Taylor spit in Pittman's face if the ref says he personally saw it. He was kicked out of a PLAYOFF game I think that's more than enough punishment. Football is a violent game and spitting on someone is low class, but lets not get carried away he didn't injure someone intentionally. I don't see Gibbs keeping him out ANOTHER game.

First things first, I think Pittmas shoulda been punished punching ST in the face. You're not allowed to spit on people, and you're not allowed to punch someone after the play is dead. That's a flag at least....

Secondly, is there any footage of ST on the sideline right after the play? All I remember is seeing him walking at the endzone, calm but dejected. Who knows how he was acting after the incident, on the sidelines... Was he that calm or was he upset?

skinsfanatic posted this little clip of taylor. taylor looked upset and didnt know what was going on. standing on the sideline, he said something like "he touched me!".

I concur, I've slowmo'd, rewound it, replayed, chopped it, diced it over and over again and I have yet to see spit. I think someone is trying to be a hero here. Don't be too quick to jump on the mediot bandwagon.

Also there's difference between spitting in someone's face and spitting in somones direction. If the alleged spit went between the Refs legs how did it go in Pittmans face?

Sorry fellas it just doesn't add up to me. Like I've said time and time again, Pittman was awful calm on the sideline for someone who just had spit in their face.

acting as if i am making up what I see is something.......I can tell you that what I see is when they are face to face ST spits and his head bobs...you see the spit drip off ST's facemask and fall to the ground.....the ref is right there as he does this......you act as if this makes me happy......after seeing that I have to tell you that embaresses me as a redskin fan...and I know Gibbs is a class act and I am sure he does not feel to happy about the situation either.....

If he did spit then an ejection is warranted.On the other hand Pittman should have been ejected also.It clearly states that if you throw a punch an immediate ejection follows.Says nothing about if your spit on then its alright.BUll@#$% ,him being ejected almost cost us the game.

I think he spit. Oh well. Happens all the time. Much worse thing happen in the pile ups. Ejection was warranted. We won. We play next week. Get over it and move on. Gibbs will deal with it, he was pissed about it in the interview. No need for us to beat it to death.

skinsfanatic posted this little clip of taylor. taylor looked upset and didnt know what was going on. standing on the sideline, he said something like "he touched me!".

yeah he was really upset....it was sad to watch :( when he was going to the locker room he was just looking down....i noticed he wasn't in any of the interviews after the game either....hope him and williams have already settled this issue

I think he spit. Oh well. Happens all the time. Much worse thing happen in the pile ups. Ejection was warranted. We won. We play next week. Get over it and move on. Gibbs will deal with it, he was pissed about it in the interview. No need for us to beat it to death.

what did he say? i can't find a gibbs interview

That my friend.........must have been one magic loogie.

55 inch HD shows spit falling off taylors facemask and falling to the ground after the headbob right before the head slap....you can see it fall to the ground between the refs legs in the backround.......sad but true.....it is an emotional game but this behavior should not go unpunished and ST should appoligise immediatly to Pittman, his Redskin teamates ,coaches and fans for his classless act! I love ST and know that he will be a force for years to come if he can control his emotion between plays.I think this was sparked by an earlier play where Pittman had a big gain across the middle and Talyor got a little dinged making a hit on him.......after that Taylor was looking for Pittman and talking trash.....Sean needs to come clean, be a man, learn to play hard with class.....let his pads talk....which we all know they do!

Haven't seen the footage...but if he did it; he needs to apologize to coach quickly. True the game is tough, rough & emotional; but to be the kind of person to spit in someones face?...that's just damn ignorant.

No matter how mad you get, damn...spitting in someones face is just evidence of a s_ itty character. I love ST to death & will continue to support him, but man...please don't do that crap again. You're bigger than that. That's the kind of junk the the Eagle Craps (eagle fans) do.

Keep your head up ST & keep poppin the hell out of everyone not wearing burgundy & gold!

I already posted this on another thread but this one seems to be getting 10x more replies so here is what I wrote....

He'll (GW) make the kid apologize and he and other coaches will talk to him about respecting your opponents and keeping the respect of the franchise you play for. Obviously, if he did spit he got caught up in the moment. It wasn't like he came into the game with the mentality he's going to spit on someone. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm 100% positive you guys been been wrong at some point in your life, or have done something wrong. He's not going to be suspended. Not now considering how far we've come from 5-6 and what could become a real special season. If he did it he made a mistake, he's going to apologize (not like TO...Seans been all class THIS year BUT MISTAKES happen...doesn't make you a less classy person...you just live and learn and be a better person in the future and that's what Seans going to take out of this and his trail). It's better it happens now, that he learns not to do stupid things on field because it's not going to get him anywhere. He's going to let play speak for him and I'm pretty sure he's NEVER going to be in the news for something negative. He's already turned a stone with GW and JG from his past and I'm sure they push him everyday to stay out of trouble and focus on positives. He could easily become hte next darrel green like ICON in DC. He's got promise, he's got skills, and all he needs is a little more coaching and maturing and BAM...he's there. He's going to be awesome. PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES, BUT THEY GET A 2ND CHANCE TO PROVE THEMSELVES AND SEAN WILL GO OUT THERE AND PROVE PEOPLE WRONG.

He wsa already on the right path before the SPITTING (IF it happened) and I'm sure he'll get back on hte path after he understands what this means. Coach wants character and I'm sure he'll talk to Sean and make him understand and MAKE him a better man overall. TRUST IN GIBBS. He's so humble, people have no choice but to listen to him, because the MAN knows LIFE. He's succeeded in every profession and those are the people that can straighten and toughen people up.

Sean will have a huge game next week. Skins win!

Round 3 here we come!

Finally, someone that understands human nature, he did it.

If you just got kicked out of a playoff game for something you didn't do you would think you'd be going out of your mind trying to get someone to listen to your side of the story.

Mike Caray is one of the best if not the best refs in the game, he wouldn't have thrown him out of a playoff game without good reason.

Time to stop being homers about this and admit that our boy needs to grow the hell up.

Why does every one think just because he did not try to plead his case that he unconsciously is admitting guilt?....I do not even think he heard Mike Carey say that he would be ejected because even the announcers did not know what was going on....I think we as fans have all come up with our theories and scenarios....lets just leave it to the coaches and the league now....there is no more that we can say or do to go back in time....so all we can do is sit and wait and let eveything work itself out...

taylor is a great player, no doubt about it. but , to spit in someones face...is uncalled for. everyone needs to let the nfl and coach gibbs and williams decide what to do and get focused for the seahawks...we have the superbowl in our grasps and this can greatly tarnish our chance if the media and fans drag it to the ground...it was wrong, but let it go

Archived