Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor needs to appoligize!

gibbsteam

What about that Steelers DL that tried to end Carson Palmer's career? ("It was an accident", uh-huh.) Is that as disgraceful as ST's spitting? Come on, get some perspective. ST was ejected and fined. That's enough punishment.

Whats desgraceful is that you really think he tried to hurt him. You can see that he is visably upset after the play. After the game he was very appologetic and even players that played with him while he was in Cincy knows that it wasnt on purpose, that he isnt that kinda player.

Keep on trying to make things up to be an ST apologist.

I happen to agree with the position that Taylor needs to apologize - if for no other reason that putting himself in a position where something like that could happen. The team really needed him & he put himself in a position to be made unavailable. Moreover, he did in a way that doesn't reflect well on the team. Personally, I'm sick of the whole "woofing" culture. I know I'm dreaming but I'd like to see EVERYBODY on the field just shut the hell up & play...

BUT, I gotta go "hmmnn" at what you - repeatedly - claim to have seen. I watched in HD as well and I didn't see anything other than a slight head-bob that would be consistent with spitting. I didn't actually see any spit hanging from anything or landing anywhere. Apparently, nobody who wasn't actually on the field did - except you. For the first minute or two, all the game commentary was outrage about how a guy could get penalized & tossed from a game for getting punched.

If you really saw all of that, I'd be interested in knowing who makes your set & how you get your video feed - cable, satellite, antenna, etc. More interestingly, I'd like to know why I haven't seen the same feed on EVERY sports show today. IF you didn't see it, then you're undermining the argument for accountability & class by making stuff up.

Finally, what EVERYBODY saw was Pittman punch Taylor. In my mind, that's offsetting unsportsmanlike calls and they BOTH should have been tossed.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Am I the only person that has seen the man's spit drip from his facemask???????????????????? PLEASE TELL ME I AM CRAZY AND THE ALL OF YOU ARE CORRECT......i will try to load the still shots to the PC for all of you to view.......not trying to talk this into the ground but I know what I see and believe me I am not imagining this.....Please reply if ANYONE has witnessed this also...thanks

Gotta love how the media is condemning Taylor, particularly Michael Irvin. Despite Taylors off the field trouble, he wouldn't be on this team if he wasn't a "character guy".

After seeing the scumbag that Pittman is (hitting a girlfriend, looking to run down his wife and kid)...I wonder if Taylor had an axe to grind partly because of this. I mean, its hard to respect someone who bullies and hits women, so in a way I don't feel bad that IF he spit on Pittman in the heat of a game, which is a question mark as well. Pittman is a piece trash. Gibbs would never have a player like that on his team. I'm sure Taylor didn't just spit without any kind of provocation from Pittman, and now there are reports that Pittman may have feigned the whole thing.

Both players should have received offsetting fouls, and thats it.

Gotta love how the media is condemning Taylor, particularly Michael Irvin. Despite Taylors off the field trouble, he wouldn't be on this team if he wasn't a "character guy".

After seeing the scumbag that Pittman is (hitting a girlfriend, looking to run down his wife and kid)...I wonder if Taylor had an axe to grind partly because of this. I mean, its hard to respect someone who bullies and hits women, so in a way I don't feel bad that IF he spit on Pittman in the heat of a game, which is a question mark as well. Pittman is a piece trash. Gibbs would never have a player like that on his team. I'm sure Taylor didn't just spit without any kind of provocation from Pittman, and now there are reports that Pittman may have feigned the whole thing.

Both players should have received offsetting fouls, and thats it.

This kind of attitude is insane. Truly, the ONLY reason that Taylor shouldn't apologize is if he didn't do it, but it appears as if he lied about not doing it. Even Gene Upshaw, the players association guy, says he did.

Fine, Pittman is a bad guy. The "scumbag" yesterday was Taylor, not Pittman. Whether or not Pittman is a rotten guy, this does not give Taylor the right to do that kind of behavior on him. Its completely classless and utterly wrong, and really, has no justification. Maybe you think its cool to spit on someone if you think they've done bad things - I think differently. We shouldn't be tolerating this kind of stuff.

Taylor should be severely fined, and if he does this kind of thing again, he should be susepended for some games.

I still did not see Taylor spit on the guy. I did see Pittman punch Sean Taylor right in front of the ref. Why the ref did not make the call on Pittman needs to be explained by the league.

I think we all agree that there should of been off setting pentalties on that. He did throw a punch at him.

But I think Gibbs even said "if he did it then" sounding like he agrees with the Refs kicking him out if he did spit on Pittman.

amazed at the people who are calling for him to miss even a second of playing time this week vs seattle, who just happens to be the NUMBER ONE seed.

spit, no spit, who cares, we need to back our 'skins when they need our support most.

Apologize to the team for embarassing them, thats it.

HTTR

I think missing a playoff game for a first offense would be too severe (there were reports he did this earlier, but were not proven). But I don't think I agree with this "support them at all costs" stuff. Face it guys, this behavior is just wrong, and shouldn't be supported. Taylor really has to grow up one day - preferably now. He's CLEARLY had some shady issues, as seen primarily by the impending weapons charge. This is a bad sign for his career. Hopefully Gibbs and company can steer him around. But I think we can bet money that Gibbs won't be telling Taylor, "Don't worry, we support you. Spit at them whenever you think you have to - just don't get caught."

I think we all agree that there should of been off setting pentalties on that. He did throw a punch at him.

But I think Gibbs even said "if he did it then" sounding like he agrees with the Refs kicking him out if he did spit on Pittman.

Wow, you all are really out there. Someone spits on you and you take a shot at them so it should be offsetting penalties??? :doh:

NOT. If Taylor spit, the correct action was taken. I think anyone would respond that way if they got spit on. Spitting in someone's face is SOOOOOO far worse than whacking their face mask.

Am I the only person that has seen the man's spit drip from his facemask???????????????????? PLEASE TELL ME I AM CRAZY AND THE ALL OF YOU ARE CORRECT......i will try to load the still shots to the PC for all of you to view.......not trying to talk this into the ground but I know what I see and believe me I am not imagining this.....Please reply if ANYONE has witnessed this also...thanks

You're clearly convinced of what you saw. I understand that. I'm just trying to figure out why you & I (and anyone else) who alledgedly were watching the same feed in the same medium saw it differently. I'm also trying to figure out why any such video that might exist isn't being trotted out at every oppportunity to flog Taylor, the 'Skins, and society in general.

One of us clearly didn't see what we thought we saw. I'm perfectly willing to consider the possibility that it's me. I didn't record the game (my battle today is with my cable provider to activate the firewire port on my HD box) & my HD set was - literally - delivered that morning. I guess that's why eyewitness testimony is historically unreliable. :silly:

Cheers,

CLBinMD

IF he spit and it fell from his facemask, how did it hit Pittman? It hit Sean Taylor's own facemask, then fell innocently to the ground. He could have just spit because he had to...

We have had this happen before with Dexter Manley, I can explain it. He simply sneezed on Pittman. lol Here is what happend with Dexter:

"When the Redskins' Dexter Manley gave the Saints' Jim Dombrowski an impromptu shower way back when, he said he didn't mean it, that he "sneezed."

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20041118-122432-5235r.htm

As long as we win this will blow over, right or wrong it happened.

You're clearly convinced of what you saw. I understand that. I'm just trying to figure out why you & I (and anyone else) who alledgedly were watching the same feed in the same medium saw it differently. I'm also trying to figure out why any such video that might exist isn't being trotted out at every oppportunity to flog Taylor, the 'Skins, and society in general.

One of us clearly didn't see what we thought we saw. I'm perfectly willing to consider the possibility that it's me. I didn't record the game (my battle today is with my cable provider to activate the firewire port on my HD box) & my HD set was - literally - delivered that morning. I guess that's why eyewitness testimony is historically unreliable. :silly:

Cheers,

CLBinMD

well I have a 55 in HD set and it is recorded and it took me about 10 minutes to finally see something......because i was looking at pittman........I cant see anything flying at pittman....what i do see is ST head bob...then the spit fall off his facemask and go to the ground......if you look very close you see the spit drop to the gound between the ref in the backrounds legs.....look close!

55 inch HD shows spit falling off taylors facemask and falling to the ground after the headbob right before the head slap....you can see it fall to the ground between the refs legs in the backround.......sad but true.....it is an emotional game but this behavior should not go unpunished and ST should appoligise immediatly to Pittman, his Redskin teamates ,coaches and fans for his classless act! I love ST and know that he will be a force for years to come if he can control his emotion between plays.I think this was sparked by an earlier play where Pittman had a big gain across the middle and Talyor got a little dinged making a hit on him.......after that Taylor was looking for Pittman and talking trash.....Sean needs to come clean, be a man, learn to play hard with class.....let his pads talk....which we all know they do!

All this coming from a man who can't even spell "apologize".

It's also amazing how worked up people are getting over some spit. Apalling! Taylors a scumbag, etc, etc.

You love it when LA almost twists a QB's head off, or when ST knocks someone out of the game, but, oh no, spitting is just going to far. You people who are crying foul on this are a bunch of hypocrits. The only thing he has to apologize for is taking himself out of the game and potentially hurting his team. If we lost that game, I think Taylor woulda been outta here.

I doubt it will make a difference whether you have a 27", or a 55" HD. I've never heard that HDTV "really brings out the spit".

I don't see that the ref was in any position physically to make the call. It was a bad call. Not to mention not announcing that Taylor was ejected from the game.

I'm not saying it absolutely didn't happen, but I didn't see it.

55 inch HD shows spit falling off taylors facemask and falling to the ground after the headbob right before the head slap....you can see it fall to the ground between the refs legs in the backround.......sad but true.....it is an emotional game but this behavior should not go unpunished and ST should appoligise immediatly to Pittman, his Redskin teamates ,coaches and fans for his classless act! I love ST and know that he will be a force for years to come if he can control his emotion between plays.I think this was sparked by an earlier play where Pittman had a big gain across the middle and Talyor got a little dinged making a hit on him.......after that Taylor was looking for Pittman and talking trash.....Sean needs to come clean, be a man, learn to play hard with class.....let his pads talk....which we all know they do!

70" HDTV and there is no visible spit.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Taylor had no business even going up to Pittman. The play was over, it was fourth down, GET OFF THE FIELD! He is an immature punk who needs to grow up and learn how to conduct himself like he has some sense!

All this coming from a man who can't even spell apologize.

I doubt it will make a difference whether you have a 27", or a 55" HD. I've never heard that HDTV "really brings out the spit".

I don't see that the ref was in any position physically to make the call. It was a bad call. Not to mention not announcing that Taylor was ejected from the game.

I'm not saying it absolutely didn't happen, but I didn't see it.

Sorry for my spelling......I dont write often.....mostly just sign checks.....as for the game he did announce the ejection and he did say no penilty of pittman......this really isnt as big of a deal as we are making it out to be.....i am sure time will tell as the week unfolds....I may not be able to spell....but I dont Lie!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Taylor had no business even going up to Pittman. The play was over, it was fourth down, GET OFF THE FIELD! He is an immature punk who needs to grow up and learn how to conduct himself like he has some sense!

AMEN!

I did as another poster said Gibbs spit on the ground right after that. It was easily visible. No sign of Taylor spitting. I even played the recording back zoomed 1 frame at a time.

oh well i guess i am imagining this along with the ref,pittman and ST who looked as if he had just got caught with his hand burried in the cookie jar walking up and down the sideline after....If i was ST and I did not spit I would have gotten tossed for flipping out on the ref!

oh well i guess i am imagining this along with the ref,pittman and ST who looked as if he had just got caught with his hand burried in the cookie jar walking up and down the sideline after....If i was ST and I did not spit I would have gotten tossed for flipping out on the ref!

I think what happened is the were arguing helmet ot helmet and it was a say it don't spray it kind of thing. Thats why there is no visual evidence. If it was a full on spit like Gibbs did it would have been easily visible.

Archived