Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor needs to appoligize!

gibbsteam

I really don't care if he spit. When playing the game sometimes you do stupid things. Yes I understand the amount of disrespect involved (if he did spit). To me it is no more than when someone cut blocks on the backside of a play (IE denver o-line) or when someone hits someone clearly late.

He is an extremely (no pun intended) emotional player. You won't find many players that love the game as much as Sean or care as much as he does. Believe me if he did spit on pittman he will feel like a very little man around a great man like Joe Gibbs.

BTW the whole thing started when he tackled pittman and pittman got up and flexed is ridiculous biceips (If that man hasn't juiced then wow). Not sure what the dialog was but I'm certain it wasn't G-Rated.

I think he spit. Oh well. Happens all the time. Much worse thing happen in the pile ups. Ejection was warranted. We won. We play next week. Get over it and move on. Gibbs will deal with it, he was pissed about it in the interview. No need for us to beat it to death.

Exactly,

I mean, you hear players talking about gouging eyes and squeezing each others groin areas, and bending back limbs in fumble pileups. We see players diving at each others knees, and spearing helmet to helmet, yet there is supposed to be all of this class in football.

If he did it, he was justly thrown out of the game. However, relating football, a nasty gladiator sport, to class is somewhat contradictive.

It happens all the time. Bmitch was laughing about it in the post game on comcast, saying he'd been spit on plenty of times, but nobody got ejected. For all we know Pittman grabbed a handful of Taylor's nutsack the previous pile up. It's football.

(1) IF the league can find film (probably a ton of it from NFL Films that will be looked at) that shows ST actually intentionally spit AT Pittman, then ST should be fined, but NOT suspended. It's also ridiculous that he was ejected.

(2) Pittman should have been at the least, flagged. Probably fined as well.

(3) ST needs to control himself between plays (and off the playing field as well) and, as someone else said, let his pads do the talking! He very well could have cost us moving ahead in the playoffs!

What ST did(or may have done) is probably something that goes on in every game played in the NFL.It is league wide.Unfortunately for Sean,he is acquiring a reputation for this sort of thing,and rightly or wrongly,he can expect to be more closely watched than other players.Should he apologize?Yes,not only to the Bucs,but also to his teamates and Skins fans,his actions could have cost us the game.It was unprofesional and selfish,but,in this era of the ME player,it is not unusual.Hopefully,he will mature as time goes on,and NOT turn into another TO.

Mike Caray is one of the best if not the best refs in the game, he wouldn't have thrown him out of a playoff game without good reason.

Mike Carey is a clown. He makes BS calls for random stuff. Most of the games I see him ref in are flooded with penalties. Remember, he was reffing that Ravens/Lions game that was flooded with off the wall penalties.

Given how shocked that ST appeared and the "I've done my job" look on Pittman's face, I suspect that ST did not spit at Pittman. I have not seen any visual evidence after viewing the event several times myself. However, as I understand it, Sean Taylor did not deny that he spit but only said he did nothing wrong and, if true, that worries me as much (or more) than the actual spitting.

I dont think the Ref has a vendetta for Sean, to make something up like that. The way that Pittman reacted out of the blue after jawing with him also leads that something like that happened. Also this is not the first time he has been known to land saliva on another player. I know we all want to believe Sean is innocent, but things just dont add up here.

The thing that bothers me the most is that he did A LOT of growing up this year, on and off the field. To have this happen, its definatly a step back in his development to clean his image.

I dont think the Ref has a vendetta for Sean, to make something up like that. The way that Pittman reacted out of the blue after jawing with him also leads that something like that happened. Also this is not the first time he has been known to land saliva on another player. I know we all want to believe Sean is innocent, but things just dont add up here.

The thing that bothers me the most is that he did A LOT of growing up this year, on and off the field. To have this happen, its definatly a step back in his development to clean his image.

I bet Pittman was trying to get Sean in trouble though, becasuse he kept showing off every time that he made any kind of play near Taylor and he knew about the td that Taylor got earlier. I would not be surprised, if it was engineered to get him thrown out or something by the Bucs.

And I still do not buy the stuff about him spitting on Pittman intentionally, especially if there was enough falling on the ground for ONE of us to see and yet not enough for the rest of us to see on replays.

If there was even anything it must have mostly hit the ground and either not been intentional or must not have gotten much through Taylor's mask and Pittman decided to run with it anyway.

I bet Pittman was trying to get Sean in trouble though, becasuse he kept showing off every time that he made any kind of play near Taylor and he knew about the td that Taylor got earlier. I would not be surprised, if it was engineered to get him thrown out or something by the Bucs.

And I still do not buy the stuff about him spitting on Pittman intentionally, especially if there was enough falling on the ground for ONE of us to see and yet not enough for the rest of us to see on replays.

If there was even anything it must have mostly hit the ground and either not been intentional or must not have gotten much through Taylor's mask and Pittman decided to run with it anyway.

Well that is SMART by Pittman to try to bait him into it. Does not mean Taylor has to react to it. Does not make it right to spit in the other mans face.

Just look at it if it was a Cowboy that did it, or hell if it was another other player in the NFL that did not wear a Redskins helmet. Would people be so quick to say that " Player A" did not do it?

Gibbs should take action. Make him sit out no more than the 1st quarter.

OK now we're going a little overboard here... :doh:

Pay the fine, Apologize, and Do a charity function with Pittman to raise money for curing those who spit to much when they talk.

Thats enough..

acting as if i am making up what I see is something.......I can tell you that what I see is when they are face to face ST spits and his head bobs...you see the spit drip off ST's facemask and fall to the ground.....

I happen to agree with the position that Taylor needs to apologize - if for no other reason that putting himself in a position where something like that could happen. The team really needed him & he put himself in a position to be made unavailable. Moreover, he did in a way that doesn't reflect well on the team. Personally, I'm sick of the whole "woofing" culture. I know I'm dreaming but I'd like to see EVERYBODY on the field just shut the hell up & play...

BUT, I gotta go "hmmnn" at what you - repeatedly - claim to have seen. I watched in HD as well and I didn't see anything other than a slight head-bob that would be consistent with spitting. I didn't actually see any spit hanging from anything or landing anywhere. Apparently, nobody who wasn't actually on the field did - except you. For the first minute or two, all the game commentary was outrage about how a guy could get penalized & tossed from a game for getting punched.

If you really saw all of that, I'd be interested in knowing who makes your set & how you get your video feed - cable, satellite, antenna, etc. More interestingly, I'd like to know why I haven't seen the same feed on EVERY sports show today. IF you didn't see it, then you're undermining the argument for accountability & class by making stuff up.

Finally, what EVERYBODY saw was Pittman punch Taylor. In my mind, that's offsetting unsportsmanlike calls and they BOTH should have been tossed.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Let's face the facts folks, Sean Taylor is one of the most important players on our entire team, and maybe the most important on defense. He's scored two touchdowns in two games. Pittman deserved the spit not only for what he may have said to Taylor, but for the queer flexing he did after a first down catch he caught in the 3rd quarter. C'mon Pittmann you're no good, and your team has now lost to us twice*. Everyone in the league has muscles, and we certainly weren't impressed by yours after that first down you got. Hey next time you get a first down, like next September, maybe you can spike the ball, throw it in the stands, or do a leapfrog, or some other kind of team celebration that is definatley warranted by a FIRST DOWN. Whooooooooo! Lets get three cheers for the redskins, and Three cheers for sweet revenge! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Whoever thinks that sean needs to apologize to that scumbag pittman need to take a look at themselves.

Football is a very violent sport, spitting on people is absolutely nothing new in the NFL. sean gives 115% and more every play on D, gives everything he has, plays violently, and is a huge part of our D and our winning.

You guys need to apologize to sean taylor, redskins fans, and the redskins themselves for bashing a player that means so much to most of us and is one of the reasons why we are where we are. THINK ABOUT SEATLE.

Let's face the facts folks, Sean Taylor is one of the most important players on our entire team, and maybe the most important on defense. He's scored two touchdowns in two games. Pittman deserved the spit not only for what he may have said to Taylor, but for the queer flexing he did after a first down catch he caught in the 3rd quarter. C'mon Pittmann you're no good, and your team has now lost to us twice*. Everyone in the league has muscles, and we certainly weren't impressed by yours after that first down you got. Hey next time you get a first down, like next September, maybe you can spike the ball, throw it in the stands, or do a leapfrog, or some other kind of team celebration that is definatley warranted by a FIRST DOWN. Whooooooooo! Lets get three cheers for the redskins, and Three cheers for sweet revenge! HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

After reading that, you should delete your username :/

Wow. I am surprised at the number of 'skins fans that are not only defending but excusing Taylor spitting at another player. Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned that is indefensible and unexcusable for anyone at any time. Anyone that's says 'deliberatly' spitting at someone is part of football is just a disgusting pig of a human being. What's next flicking buggers? I understand he's one of your best players, and I'm not suggesting he should be suspended for the upcoming game (that would be overkill) but damn let's not defend and excuse that kind of behavior.

Whoever thinks that sean needs to apologize to that scumbag pittman need to take a look at themselves.

Football is a very violent sport, spitting on people is absolutely nothing new in the NFL. sean gives 115% and more every play on D, gives everything he has, plays violently, and is a huge part of our D and our winning.

You guys need to apologize to sean taylor, redskins fans, and the redskins themselves for bashing a player that means so much to most of us and is one of the reasons why we are where we are. THINK ABOUT SEATLE.

I NEVER said Taylor had to apologize to Pittman. Pittman may be a dirtbag but right is right and in this situation ST wasn't right. Taylor can / should:

- Apologize to his team mates for putting them in an awkward position during and after the game

- Apologize to the organization for making them look bad

- Apologize to whomever looks up to him for losing control of his emotions and making a mistake.

That would do fine. You'll forgive me for not holding my breath waiting for it, though. While I have always had a ton of respect for Taylor's ability, I didn't think much of him as a person before this & that certainly hasn't changed my view.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Archived