Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 35, Cowboys 7

Om

I'm the biggest Redskins fan, but I can't get past this awesome win over the Cowboys this year.

How do we not get too excited about a team that can win a game like that, and how does a team that has legitimate hopes to reach the super bowl win that overwhelmingly during the regular season without getting overconfident?

How do you rationalize that win?

I have to say that the entire game seems like some sort of mythical fallacy.

I kept holding my breath through the 3rd quarter with the expectation that our overwhelming manhandling of the 'Boys was only going to collapse in another bout of heartbreak.

To what do we owe the outstanding performance?

A lousy performance by the Cowboys who looked flat-footed and unready.

And more importantly an outstanding showing of how Joe Gibbs' prepares players for big games, especially late in the season. The roster was largely the same as the first game--where we didn't play nearly as well and really lucked out in the end--but, in this game, we showed up in a way that I haven't seen us in years. We dominated that team so thoroughly and so consistently that it had to have been an embarassment for Bill Parcells (who is no slouch of a coach). The difference maker between the two games had to have been off the field in preparation.

Thus, ultimately, the 35-7 score is the work of an excellent coaching staff--not to say that the players don't deserve credit for executing the game plan.

I'm the biggest Redskins fan, but I can't get past this awesome win over the Cowboys this year.

How do we not get too excited about a team that can win a game like that, and how does a team that has legitimate hopes to reach the super bowl win that overwhelmingly during the regular season without getting overconfident?

YES, you are an.....anti-troll. nice work.

Well I might argue the biggest Redskin fan thingy........lol.

The way I see it, what's to rationalize?

Considering the fact that we were winless against these Cowpies for so long, it's just a combination of years of fustration vented at the exact right moment in history. What would explain the 36-0 ass whipping we took at home againts the Giants? Same thing. We fell apart at the exact right moment for them to capitolize on our failure. Kharma????

At certain times, your head is in the game and you are operating on all 8 cylinders where nothing can go wrong, and sometimes.....just sometimes, your head is not in the game, and you are sputtering wondering what the hell is wrong with your engine?

We've all been there.

All I know is this Redskin team makes me proud to be a fan again.

Sweeping the Cowpies makes me happier then Dan Snyder.

Most of you know how that feels.

Back in the 70's and early 80's it was always down to the wire.

Sometimes, they swept the series, sometimes we did, and most of the time, we split it with them 50/50.

My saddest day was on Thanksgiving (years ago) when we were beating them, and I believe we sent Staubach to the hospital with a head injury, and some punk second-string QB named Danny White came off the bench and threw a 80 TD to Drew Pearson and took the game away from us.

For me.....it took until this season to avenge that loss.

I may have the names wrong (forgive me, I'm getting old) but for those of you who have been Skin fans for that long, you know what I'm talking about.

That play will burn in my memory for the rest of my life.

I was at my grandparents house in Missiouri, and I was beyond devaststed.

I think I cried I was so upset.

My Thanksgiving ruined by the team I hate the most.....Dallas.

Well, this year, my memory has been erased by the asswhipping we gave them in both games. A last minute victory on MNF which I went to bed thinking we lost AGAIN!

Only to awake the next morning to find out we devasted them in the last minute and a half of the game IN DALLAS.

An early Christmas present!!!!

Boy, weren't they shocked? Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

I almost cried I was so happy.

Then, for the icing on the cake, we crushed them at home 35-7 infront of a record crowd and swept the series for the first time in who knows when........

What?....Another Christmas present?????

Could this be?

Am I dreaming?

My Redskins breathe new life!

Gibbs has come home.

FAN-GASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what happens this Saturday against Tampa Bay, my season is complete and I am a happy camper again, just knowing that we placed 10-6 and laid waste to my mortal enemy....The Dallas Cowboys!

Hail Redskins!:point2sky

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

hahaha, very funny.

my girlfriend was not feeling well that day so i just watched the game at our house. she came down with like 2-3 minutes left to go in the half. i was just sitting there with this **** eating grin on my face. priceless.

I remember sitting there in the stands, nervous for the game to start. Taking pics of the opening of the game ect... I saw the Redskins score, score again, and yet again. And the n what the heck? Again, ( though somebody in front of me blocked my view of Cooley breaking the tackle and going to the endzone. :mad: ), yet I was still surprised when I looked at the scoreboard and saw, at the time, 28-7. :rubeyes:. Won't rationalize, but it seems to me the team needed this monkey off its back. And not only off but thrown across the room. I could be wrong, but after so many years, I'm not so sure one could overstate what sweeping may have meant. Especially to us fans. :whew:

... yet I was still surprised when I looked at the scoreboard and saw, at the time, 28-7.

Check me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you ever saw that score. Wasn't it 35-0 before the Pokes scored?

Were you drinking too much Jack ... or was I? :laugh:

If it wasn't for the Texans' win last night in the Rose Bowl, I know a few Texans that would have jumped off a bridge by now.

Having been at The Game, I must testify that it was absolutely surreal and intoxicating. The golden opportunity to confront CryGirl fans at work with a broom and sweep their feet was just incredible and joyous.

Check me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you ever saw that score. Wasn't it 35-0 before the Pokes scored?

Were you drinking too much Jack ... or was I? :laugh:

Here I was getting ready to edit that and you had to go and quote me. I had 35-7 and 28-0 colliding there. :doh: Sigh. I even have the pic ready to post.....grumble...

Actually, and I'm really going to get into trouble now, I er............... didn't have any Jack at the game.

Sorry Brave. I may get thrown out of the club now. ;)

Why do we need to rationalize it? Isn't that part of being a fan(atic), being irrational at times?

PS - I don't know which thread Iheart is referring to, so if I missed your point in starting this thread, excuse me.

Archived