Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We should've held out for a guy like Vince Young

IrepDC

I have stated this numerous times already on this site. I'm sitting here watching the national championship now wondering WHAT IF. I understand that we haven't seen Campbell play yet, but, the kinda trade we did to get Campbell might have gotten us a guy like Young. We probably would've had to throw in maybe one more players or draft picks but it would've been worth it imo. Earlier this year when I said this a lot of people on this site weren't sold on Vince Young yet but anyone who watched the National Championship should believe me by now.

I understand that now this isn't possible because we already have our QB of the future. But man, it is fun just THINKING about if we could've went after Young. The guy is a BETTER scrambler than Vick and he is a LEGIT passer unlike Vick. He is like Culppeper, McNabb AND Vick rolled up in one. This guy is AMAZING. What do you all think. :2cents:

Just like every other mobile QB, that aspect of his game will NOT be as effective in the NFL.

Certainly he has a good arm as well, but Jason Campbell did a fantastic job leading his team his time at Auburn.

You have to understand, NFL teams don't have the crappy linebackers that USC has. He won't run that way against a Brian Urlacher, just the way Michael Vick can't.

I have stated this numerous times already on this site. I'm sitting here watching the national championship now wondering WHAT IF. I understand that we haven't seen Campbell play yet, but, the kinda trade we did to get Campbell might have gotten us a guy like Young. We probably would've had to throw in maybe one more players or draft picks but it would've been worth it imo. Earlier this year when I said this a lot of people on this site weren't sold on Vince Young yet but anyone who watched the National Championship should believe me by now.

I understand that now this isn't possible because we already have our QB of the future. But man, it is fun just THINKING about if we could've went after Young. The guy is a BETTER scrambler than Vick and he is a LEGIT passer unlike Vick. He is like Culppeper, McNabb AND Vick rolled up in one. This guy is AMAZING. What do you all think. :2cents:

Well, if he comes out this year(which he should) he'll be a top 5 pick. The pick he traded to the Donkeys is in the 20's.

I wouldn't mind Reggie Bush either. ;)

Young has huge upside but also could be a huge bust, he is very raw as a passer and to say he is a better scambler than Vick? Do you remember Vick at VT? The dude's moves are insane, even if he is a chump in the NFL. Anyways we would have the 22nd pick in the draft and Young is a top 3 pick so it really doesnt matter. :2cents:

Last year watching the bowl games I thought two players were just remarkable. Vince Young and Jason Campbell. I found myself wondering how good they could be in the pros and how much I'd love either guy but never thought we'd get Campbell due to having Ramsey. I was and AM thrilled we have him.

Young has something tremendously special about him, no doubt. But, unless he learns proper throwing mechanics, teams will hurt him in the NFL. He's 6-5 with the release of a man 6-1, IF that. Campbell has better throwing mechanics and should be a better professional passer, especially if what Brown said about Young was true that he only took off when the coaching staff stopped trying to fix him and let him play. On the college level he can get away with that. In the pros he really can't.

Vince Young has never faced a professional level pass rush. USC's pass rush is HORRIBLE. Those guys looked like little kids out there trying to chase a man down. Vince YOung can pass though - highest efficiency in the league.

I am guessing he will do well in the pros - but you know, I think Lienhart is going to be a superstar. He reminds me of Joe Montana with his touch and smarts.

Last year watching the bowl games I thought two players were just remarkable. Vince Young and Jason Campbell. I found myself wondering how good they could be in the pros and how much I'd love either guy but never thought we'd get Campbell due to having Ramsey. I was and AM thrilled we have him.

Young has something tremendously special about him, no doubt. But, unless he learns proper throwing mechanics, teams will hurt him in the NFL. He's 6-5 with the release of a man 6-1, IF that. Campbell has better throwing mechanics and should be a better professional passer, especially if what Brown said about Young was true that he only took off when the coaching staff stopped trying to fix him and let him play. On the college level he can get away with that. In the pros he really can't.

Well said :bow: :bow:

I just watched that game too.. but this is the only game I've seen Young play.. I never saw Campbell play.

But boy... yeah.. Young looks really really good.. I've heard that he's not entering the draft anyways. Comparing stats.. Jason looks better on paper.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=103392

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=135107

The guy just SINGLE HANDEDLY defeated Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Lyndell White and USC.

If we waited to get him we would've had to wait two years though. I think he is coming back to Texas for his senior year.

You CAN'T BE serious. Texas' defense was fantastic.

I saw the same thing in the ND vs Ohio ST game. A great defense, combined with a proficient offense will always win. SUch was the case tonight.

Texas' defense won the game just as much as Vince Young.

I completely agree. This guy is going to become what Vick was supposed to be. I've never seen a guy that can scramble like him and is that accurate with a strong arm to boot. He is the complete package. And he's clutch too! I think I'd trade Campbell and the rest of our draft for this guy. Houston better think twice before they draft Bush. And if N.O. gets a shot at him and passes him up for Leinart, they'll regret it. And did you guys hear what Leinart said after the game. He said we're still the better team, they just made the plays tonight. What a sore loser. Hey Matt if you were the better team you would have won. Why would USC go for it on 4th and 2 on the 45 yard line, when Texas just drove right down the field on them. Then they waste their last timeout on the 2 point conversion when they were already losing. They could have used that at the end. Utter stupidity.

Why? You want another mike vick? Vick is trash, and this guy won't do much better unless he learns how to pass. Mobile QBs dazzle the highlights, and they can dazzle the ranks of teams that are not participating in the postseason. I'd rather have jason campbell. We'd need a top 3 pick to score this guy, and I don't plan on the skins having a top 3 pick for many years to come.

I think Young sees the field much much better than Vick. MV's downfall as a pro is that I just don't think he can read the D very well. I realize that college is much different than the bigs, but Young really seems to see the whole field, whether he's throwing or running. And there is no wasted motion in his running at all. I think he will be a fine pro. But I'm happy with Jason. Have you seen him in warmups? Gorgeous throwing motion. Can't wait to really watch him next August.

Archived